Toronto Restaurants that are an *EXPERIENCE*

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Apr 14, 2005.

1. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

on front past the hummingbird at about church.

it is yummy, i'd like to do lunch in the portion of the resturant that has the french/morrocan food...mmmmm

Will, i checked the site and they have changed the dancers schedule from what i'd told you...you may want to make reservations to capture two shows.

Also, the seating is very long couchy and open, so you can be quite close to another table of people...this could prove to be a good thing if you let some of the hottie tribe ladies to show up there on the night!

;)

2. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I <3 benihana! So much fun, especially if you go with more than just another person.

And Sassafraz fucking suuuucks.
    First and last time I ate there my plate was served with fucking ants on it, then they argued with me saying "what ants?".

3. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i went for winterlicious and it was awesome
    i'd go again in a heartbeat
    i think most of the food reviews have generally been good
    and the clientele and staff are decent
    no belly dancing though :)

wow, renovations maybe?
    you might also want to try amber in yorkville
    i think the owner tries to keep things 'looking good' as well

4. sam

sam TRIBE Member

Sotto Sotto is a great restaurant in terms of ambience and incredible food.

They really treat you well in there and the Maitre D' and Chef come by your table to chat and make sure everything is to your liking...

I really like Carman's as well for an old school supper club vibe. Incredible steaks...

And for a view that's out of this world, and food and wine to match, 360 atop the CN Tower is amazine. Dined there for a work function last night and was blown away by the quality of the food. They had a thick wine list as well....

And also to add, Yamato in Yorkville is a great Teppanyaki style Japanese restaurant...your food is cooked, diced, and flipped right in front of you...

5. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i love benihana too!
    sassafraz does suck in terms of food and service, but i hear it's great for the chicks/people watching

6. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

skipper, yes splendido is very pricey. i had gone there expecting it to be a homey italian food joint - i had seen a very outdated review of it online and there were pics of sunflowers painted on the walls and rave reviews of their oven baked pizzas. i suggested it as a casual dinner spot for me, my dad and my brother.
    as soon as i arrived i realized that this was obviously a very old review as there was not a sunflower or pizza in sight!
    its like, white glove service. very froufrou. foie gras in everything. the tasting menu was $90 a head i believe.

regardless of the endless mocking i have received from my family for "accidentally" suggesting such a high end joint, it was totally worth it!

as for belly dancing, my bro has told me that there is belly dancing at gypsy co-op every sunday night. i've only eaten there once but the food was pretty decent and i seem to recall some good looking people. that being said, its not a place i am running back to.

7. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Yup, been there, loved it!

8. starr

starr TRIBE Member

gypsy is owned by izzy and the milk boys now and i'm not sure if they still have the dancing thing

9. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

not really matchine Wills requirements, but if you want an eating experience, do some shrooms and sit infront of the elephant at the Rainforest Cafe.

10. queen naeema

queen naeema TRIBE Member

rain

rain is a good one, they have this crazy waterfall in the entrance, and the food is really unique, delicious and looks amazing. i dont know about the hot girl content there though.

11. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i almost forgot about my new favourite spot: Czehoski’s Deli
    it's a bit small though
    i've only had an appetizer or two there
    but it was delicious

i've heard their patio is amazing, when i went it wasn't open yet
    and francesca from element is working there, as well as other good looking staff and customers

but again no belly dancing

12. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

Re: rain

I really want to try Rain.

and benihana.

13. kennyboy

kennyboy TRIBE Member

The 5th. Great ambiance. Depending when you go, there's usually a good looking crowd too.

14. Babes

Babes TRIBE Member

I'd recommend the Fifth in the summer. Nothing compares to a good group of friends, good food, good wine on a great patio.

The ribeye at Splendido is to die for. The valet boys are cute. Atmosphere is a bit dry, but good for a romantic dinner.

Susur is an obvious choice, but you could always try out Lee next door for a less expensive option. The restaurant looks incredibly sexy and has been packed since it opened.

Phil's Original BBQ on College seems to be Toronto's little secret. The food is incredible, but the atmosphere is pretty much what you'd expect for a BBQ restaurant.

I'm addicted to the sushi and plum sake at Blowfish. The hypnotically gorgeous bartender there has stollen my heart (her name escapes me at the moment...)

15. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

My friend has been working at blowfish for years - but I'm not sure if she's a bartender.

16. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

The Brassrail serves food.. and they have hot multilingual dancers

17. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

blowfish is somewhere i've had on teh backburner for a while. for those who have been there, what's the food like? super pricey? environment?

18. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

I've seen the blowfish website and it seems super expensive!

19. Babes

Babes TRIBE Member

Okay Vinder. Stop your begging. We can go there.

20. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

if you'll stop begging for sex, i'll stop begging to go eat there.

21. Babes

Babes TRIBE Member

And stop trying to lure me with your fucking television. I don't care how big it is.

22. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

it distracts from my other shortcomings

23. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

carman's club is fantastic...the food is really amazing...

this is my father's favorite steakhouse...highly recommended.

24. TheRunningBoard

TheRunningBoard TRIBE Member

Turf Lounge....

Right on Bay Street. They have amazing food, and off track betting is the entertainment.

I take clients here....it's great. You can call ahead and tell them you wan to try betting on the horses and they will explain it and everything.

http://www.turflounge.com/welcomeLounge.asp

25. circle

circle TRIBE Member

Sorry for the threadjack, anyone know of a good tapas style resto on college st.?

Merci