tivo...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by g0nz0, Jan 18, 2002.

1. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

anybody have it? where can i get one in Canada (without having to subsribe)?

cheers,

z0- <<< wants to digitally record the simpsons [​IMG]

2. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

that should say subscribe, not subsribe...dam edit button or lack there of...

3. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

My roommate has it.
    He bought it on eBay far as I remember.

And it's a 1-800 if I remember correctly that it dials for the subscription... but I don't know if he's using it.

pr0nstar

4. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I don't believe that it is available in Canada.

jeremy -Its ally mcbeal on demand- jive

5. Quirkz

Quirkz TRIBE Member

why not get the bell pvr?

6. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Well it is possible to use them, I've seen it in action, it's actually a cool thing if you watch TV and tend to get distracted by the phone, etc.. or just like to record a show or two.

pr0nstar

7. Astroboy

Astroboy Well-Known Member

I just got this, and it's awesome...you can watch a show for about an hour, and then decide to record the entire thing from the beginning [​IMG]

Astroboy out...

8. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Can you fast forward through commercials?

9. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Roger's digital cable now has timeshifting available ... basically you can watch all shows at anytime up to 3 hours after they have been broadcast.

Granted, it's not as good as a PVR, but it's at about $6/month, it's kind of nice to be able to not have to rush home to catch the start of a program, etc.

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

10. ninja

ninja TRIBE Member

All you silly TV sluts !
    well I'm just bitter that I cant afford one just yet but my cable is free so Its all good.

11. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

^^^ but free satellite is better [​IMG]

12. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

No no, you get the west coast feeds for the major us and canadian networks. Because they're 3 hours off its called time shift. It realistically isn't but its fun watching calgary news.

13. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I was afraid that might be the case, but figured it was too useless of an option for people to actually pay for it.

I thought maybe they were recording each program on all the channels and storing it for for up to 3 hours. That way you could tune in and watch the recorded version of any show. And by only saving 3 hours of video per channel at any given time, a ridiculous amount of storage space wouldn't be needed.

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

14. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

whats wrong with calgary news? heh, trying to forget your bigcity blues? [​IMG]