Thomas Junta Sentenced 6-10 years.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by funkNstyle, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I'm too busy to read the whole thread but I don't object to the sentence.

If he has such little control over his own actions that he KILLED ANOTHER MAN, then he deserves to go to jail. I don't care who was provoking who, if you're smashing someone's head into the ground repeatedly over a kids hokey game, something's fucked up.

Pete

2. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

One day while driving along with my son in the car I pulled in to a long left turn lan to get onto the 400 half way along the lane a van pulls out infront of me. No signal, no warning, just pulls out causing me to bounce of the curb avoiding him. I give him the finger as we turn on to the on ramp. He stops in the middle of the ramp and him and his dumb ass wife get out and start swearing at me. He tells me to get out of the car cause he is gonna "knock my fucking teeth out" for disrespecting him by giving him the finger. I told him to watch his language in front of a 3 yearold and to get back into his car. He persisted, and I wanted to get out and beat him within a inch of his life ( I am 6'6" 220 he was prob. about 5'8" 165) but I said "trust me you do not want me to get out of this car" He evetually left after some more verbal abuse.

He almost hurt/killed me and my son but i did nothing....does that make me weak. No. It makes me strong enough to control myself. That is what this guy should have done. End of Story.

3. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Word.

My sentiments exactly. If you can't control your emotions in order to prevent hurting others, than you've been left behind in evolution.

Ming.

4. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Listen you little pimp biatch. If you read the thread instead of looking for one little hair to split, then maybe you would have seen that I was backing the father because I felt it was a normal human reaction.

The height thing comes into it because the prosecutors of the case stressed it. And it obviously had an effect on the jury and maybe even the judge.

Also. The judge said something about the sentence having a little something to do with Mr. Juntas past. I find that interesting. Especially considering that the coach was a shaddy character himeself with more then one skeleton in his closet.

Ya, about the "why did he go back in" thing. He's in a situation where his sons (3 of them) are being mistreated (that's what Junta obviously felt anywho) and the "adult" supervising is an alcoholic who just kicked him with some skates.

You think about it fruitypants. What would you do?

5. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

I would have went home with my kids, rather than seething in front of them, leaving them outside, and engaging in a fight which could've been avoided.

6. 416

416 TRIBE Member

That's big of you dude. But not everyone feels the same way.

7. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Shush.

Not talking to you.

Talking to fruitypants.

8. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

416 cracks me up. just thought id let all y'all know that.

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

fouronesix:
    it is obvious that you believe in your opinion strongly as do I and others. I get your point, and believe it or not, sympathize with Junta b/c he wont be with his kids for up to 10 years. That is fucked for a mistake. But it was a mistake he has to pay for.
    word

10. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

Not everyone feels that the law includes them....does'nt make it right though.

11. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

dude, pay attention, he went back inside because his kids were in there and they had not followed him out. no one has disputed that. neither did the prosecution dispute the fact that when he re-entered the building to get his kids costin attacked him.

12. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Jer wash your hair you fuckin hippy. It's a fuckin murder trial, pedantry is par for the course.

P.S. - Your tall girlfriend wants me, she told me so.

13. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Ya, I dunno how strongly I beleive in my position, it might just be a case of me wanting to argue about something (not that I make a habit of that or anything).

It totally sucks that he lost it and killed that guy. I feel really bad for the dead guy's kids. That's just terrible that they lost their dad.

14. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Don't you try to backpeddle with me you little slut.

I was commenting on the fact that although the conversation was primarily revolving around whether or not Junta's reaction was justifiable, you get all nuts with the:

"Jeremy and Rosey said 'Little guy', they hate my kind... blah blah blah... where's my kilt at?"

ps. boooooooooooooo

15. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Oh please...

I said it I found the language you and Rosey were using interesting. You both were talking as if you know what happened, as if you had all the facts. And so secure were you both in those "facts", that you both decided to dismiss the other guy with scorn.

It's six years dude, There are people in the States doing 10x that much for growing pot.

16. 416

416 TRIBE Member

First of all, I just don't see how you linked up "Jeremy said 'shrimp'" with "They think they where there".

That one boggles my mind. Your mind works in curious ways.

Second, quit splitting hairs and trying to put up an argument for stearing this discussion completely off course.

Also, pot growing has nothing to do with this. I have no idea why you would mention that. So what if people get more time for crimes that you consider lesser. I wouldn't wanna serve 6 days, let alone 6 years.

Now shush you. Go talk to Jane, I've gotta get myself all hot and bothered in preperation for the game tonight.

ps. I think you got booted from the San Antonio game, the dude already sold a bunch of the tickets, I'll talk to you later about it.

17. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

it's not our fault that the american legal system is fucking retarded.

18. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

[whiney voice] dude, pay attention[/whiney voice]

the prosecution obviously did dispute that.

19. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

Me too except when he uses the word 'pedantic'.

20. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

No it's not, I was just pointing out that six years for a dead body is pocket change.
    If he was sentenced for life I might be singing another tune, but he's certainly not "innocent".

21. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

So you'd rather have your kid see his dad kill someone with his fists than get hit in hockey. This will really give him the right message. Solid guy there. At least the boys down at the bar won't call ya a pansy!

Man, I hope you take skankface's advice and sign your kid up for croquet, because its a rough world out there.

22. PlumRidge

PlumRidge TRIBE Member

Man , am I ever glad I wasnt on the jury. Just reading thru this thread , you can see how so many people can have so many different viewpoints. Its a scary planet.

23. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Dude, try reading a little about what happend. It's got more context to it then "the kid got checked and his dad killed the coach".

And my opinion regarding it has more to it then "if Junta didn't kill him, I would have called him a faggot!"

pinhead

24. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

okay, i read all the articles on cnn and didn't see that. what i did see was that your assisstant rink manager completely changed her testimony between the police statement and the time she got to court, so i discount anything she says.

25. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

hey!

har har