Thomas Junta Sentenced 6-10 years.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by funkNstyle, Jan 25, 2002.

1. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

apparently this junta guy's wife was granted a restraining order against him in the early 90's because she said that he beat the shit out of her in front of their kids and one of their friends.

the other guy also had previous charges of assaulting a cop and some b&e's.

what a wierd case. i feel totally bad for all their kids. and there are 7 of them altogether!

2. 416

416 TRIBE Member

IMO, ya. There is. This was one of them.

And whoever made that "Tony Soprano (sp!)" remark. It's totally not like that at all. There's a big difference here. Namely, the fuckin dude's kid getting slapped around, then the coach ASKING for a second ass kicking by attacking Junta. By the way, I think the coaches mother should have gone to jail for somehow giving the dude the impression that it was a good idea to go after a dude twice his size.

You can consider that, or you can just keep posting... "A MAN BEAT ANOTHER MAN TO DEATH" as if there was no context at all to the beating.

Man, you all a bunch of hysterical women.

ps. Jane, you just shush, how many times have you used boys that you know to scare other boys away? Hmmmmm? It's the same thing goin on here you little hypocrit!

3. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

he was sentenced with Involuntary Manslaughter - an unintentional killing committed recklessly, grossly negligently, or during commission of an unlawful act

he got what he deserved - he should have known that by being a larger man he could've seriously hurt the other guy.

sometimes, you should just walk away.

--craig

4. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Pedantic.

5. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

what is this? the mike tyson hockey league?
    "I'll fuck you till you love me"-Mike

6. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Maybe if some knife wielding lunatic is chasing you. But because your son got hit in a tyke hockey game? Fuck man, I'll be sure to curtsy next time I see you.

7. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Why am I not surprised that these guys are "tough guys"?

8. 416

416 TRIBE Member

What?

I'm not tough at all fruitcake. I'm an old man, now leave the insults and personal remarks outta this.

har har... how's the hypocrit now? (Am I even spelling that word right?).

9. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

If I accidently kill someone in a car accident, I hope I dont get this charge on top of assult with a deadly wepon...

10. Bass-Invader

did you get pissed off and hit the other guy on purpose?

11. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

What does it matter if:

• The little guy provoked
    • The little guy was mouthy
    • The little guy told "ya momma" jokes
    • The little guy screwed Junta's sister
    • I think you get the point

The fact is:
      • Junta responded violently
      • Junta didn't mean to kill him, but he did
      • Junta should be held accountable

The correct course of action would have been to:
        • remove his child from the game
        • file a complaint with the hockey association
        • speak to Costa once things had settled down
        • walk away!!

He deserves everything he got. He killed another person, regardless of whether or not he was provoked. He is an adult, and should have known better. He should have walked away, but he didn't.

Plus too, I'm sure that he's probably had a couple of "little guys" try to take him on in his lifetime, so he REALLY should have known better,

Jason

12. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Dude, you got it wrong. My Soprano comment wasn't "not like that". Tell me honestly that media has not influenced you to think like you do or to MOST people to think like they do? Soprano, violence on tv etc etc. Suddenly, Junta's KID is the VICTIM HERE? FUCK NO! Junta was probably raised to beat the crap out of people and for once in his life he couldn't hold his own on the ice and we all know what happened then.

Whats with your hysterical woman overture? Does being a man make you STRONGER?

13. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

fruitcake!!! that's a good one!

14. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

jer, there is a world of difference between you hovering over some slimeball at turbo so that he minds his p's and q's and you beating someone to death. dork.

i'm not opposed to fighting in general, i just think there's a time and a place. and doing it in a fucking kids' hockey practice is not the time or the place.

so i was just reading the boston globe, and apparently the medical expert for the prosecution (who was the one who conducted the autopsy) is of the opinion that the injuries were a result of major trauma. the expert for the defence says that the tear in the artery could have happened from just one punch.

15. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

16. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Do you guys think that the fact that sports were involved made the sentence drop? Would this have been a full on murder trial had it been on the streets?

17. Bass-Invader

wasn't it a full on murder trial?

18. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Oops.
    I guess maybe I'm asing would he have been found guilty of a more serious murder charge?

19. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

20. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

it was a manslaughter trial, wasn't it?

21. Bass-Invader

i dunno..i guess it depends how you classify what type of trial it was..

i was really asking a question.

22. Bass-Invader

ubb > doughboy

23. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

It won't see the last of me though. I shall fight to the finish.

Jason

24. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Ya, the charge was manslaughter. He didn't intend to kill him, but he did. That's manslaughter, not murder.

In regards to the "bulleted list". The "correct" course of action when someone is hurting your kid is to beat them. Not to kill them, but to beat them.

Killing is reserved for someone who kills or diddles your kid or something along those lines.

Junta simply got confused. Har har.

Anywho, 6 years is too much for a natural human reaction.

25. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

but the coach wasn't hurting the kid, the other kids were hurting him.

the coach just wouldn't tell them to quit it.

the kid was fine, just got roughed up and wasn't used to it. the same kid was screaming at his father to stop punching the guy who died.