this one's for the ladies (yet again....)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by smile, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

LOL

Yeah, red jeans with the body glove T-shirt... the one with the hand on the back...

And one of those thermonuclear jackets (I forget the name) like nylon and kinda change colours....

And lets not forget they spandex shorts. Hahaha - even guys wore them (not me of course)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2002
  2. Lambchops

Lambchops TRIBE Member

Dark denim

3. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

Dark denim.

Though, I'm slightly biased: I only own one pair of jeans that *isn't* dark denim :)

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.

4. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

It's all about dark denim...

Dark denim is hot on both males and females.
    Though slightly faded from wear..not intentional fading loks hot too.

Mmmm dark denim Diesel jeans....*drool*

XXX
    Marian
    :p

5. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Dark Denim - Diesel, Levis, Ben Sherman - all good!!!

6. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

Nothing but DARK DENIM!

~Lori

7. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Keep it dark.

8. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye TRIBE Member

Dark Denim :)

but I think the cut is important as well. I love baggy/phat pants on guys..

9. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

How much?

Everywhere is sold out!;)

10. Doll

Doll TRIBE Member

I agree! I like darker jeans (especially on a nice bottom) but the vintage look is back and if done properly, look very sexy.

Don't like stonewashed or bleached. And I don't like baggy ass jeans. If you have a nice ass, let me see it!!

Just my 2 cents.

Doll

11. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

dark dark dark.. get black fabric dye and enjoy!

12. smile

smile Well-Known Member

wow!

i'm surprised at these answers! i thought ladies LOVED that vintage looking thing, but i guess not!

the jeans are staying dark!

another question: baggy jeans or fitted? and if baggy, HOW baggy?

see, i have a 32-34 inch waist, but i can never find jeans in the right cut (i like em baggy), so i always buy a 36 waist and end up with this CROTCH POUCH thing going on....the jeans look fine as long as you can't see the waistline (which is usually, since i like long shirts too).

what are some well cut jeans? i like my jeans baggy although i'm not unpartial to a BIT more fitted, as long as i don't end up looking gay (no offense to gay people, but tight-up jeans just SCREAM 'homo').

13. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

I say fitted. but not tight! With a bit of baggyness to them, so they hang off ur hip bones, but perfectly shape ur ass!!! mmmmmmmm

*jen*

14. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

Re: wow!

go to jean machine....ask for the MAX or MATT style by MAVI. the
    MAX is my fave guy jean. slightly baggy all over but not huge. hangs well over the shoe and is a bit fitted on the ass. comes in every wash from dark dark dark to vintage to cross hatch to black to khaki. i believe they are 79.95$. (forgive me, i don't work there anymore so i can't remember the exact price!! The MATT style is basically the same but with a slightly less baggy style. almost every guy i made try on the MAX loved them. very flattering on most guys. get 34 size, not 36 ...they'll be too big.

another style that is slightly more fitted is the ANDREW by MANAGER. again, comes in lots fo washes, reasonably priced and looks good on most guys/bums.

if you want something more fitted and bit more hip, look for a 'reengineered' fit. those are the jeans that hang weird on the hanger and look twisted. trust me...they look weird on the hanger but fit very well and ultra hip! Levi's makes them and i saw a bunch at vice recently. but those will be $$$$$$.

diesel also makes fitted, stylish jeans....a bit more 'gay' however.

good luck!

:)sarah <----is missing her jean machine job!!

15. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

sarah, so those Jean Machine jeans come in super dark blue? I can't find really dark blue one anywhere.

And has anyone ever dyed they're faded jeans? I think I need to.

16. Doll

Doll TRIBE Member

Definately agreed. Like I said before, if you've got a nice ass, I wanna see it.

If you can sit, eat, and squat in them comfortably, then they're not too tight. If you need a belt to keep them on or the crack of your ass is showing, then they're too big.

Doll

17. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

dave...
    yes, i think so.

another tip...once you find the dark denim you like.....to keep it dark...

first time you wash them, wash them by themselves with a tablespoon of salt to help set the dye.

after that, always wash them inside out, in cold water, and hang to dry to preserve the dark denim.
    heat and abrasion cause fading.

:)sarah

18. fixion

fixion Well-Known Member

i love the vintage look...but not the cheezy looking vintage...
    Diesel does it the best...

--christine

19. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Any kind/brand of dye you recommend?

20. joey

joey TRIBE Member

dude, why don't you wear what you feel comfortable wearing?

everyone has different tastes anyways

21. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

I re-dye all my black clothes every few months.. just go to shoppers and get black or dark blue fabric dye. black works amazing as it doesn't come out pure black.. but a dark indigo that noone else really has.

it's amazing how long a pair of jeans will last.

and I hate when my black shirts turn grey.

plus - you can do it in the washer machine so there's no clean up. yey!

22. kate

kate TRIBE Member

One brand of jeans I really like for guys are Dub jeans. They're not too baggy but not tight at all either. Also, triple 5 does make a good basic 5 pocket.

It really depends what kind of gear you're wearing. There are tons of really nice vintage and faded jeans, but they don't really go with baggy gear. Marc, I sort of know what you dress like and I would say avoid the vintage stuff, it goes with a more clubby fitted look than with anything else.

23. smile

smile Well-Known Member

yeah i know but i like to have input.

input is fun.

24. joey

joey TRIBE Member

so is individualality.