1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Towelie Thread *SouthPark*

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jazz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Tell me I'm not the only one who watched south park this weekend... This show is getting so damn funny, best thing on TV IMHO... First they had the Osama episode, then a couple of weeks ago they had the Sex Ed/Wacking off Dogs episode, and then this week they introduced my new fave character, "Towelie"....

He's a towel that advocates proper towel use... and likes to get high :D :D :D

[​IMG]
    "Be sure to bring a towel so you don't get wet!"

[​IMG]
    "You wanna get high?"

When Towelie was trying to remember the entry code and key it in after he smoked up, I fuckin LOST it, too damn funny... "Hold on... wait a second... thats it! I got it!.... Thats the melody to Funky town!"

Here's the .wav file for that scene :D :D :D ... still cracks me up when I hear it...
    http://southparkstudios.com/down/download.html?file=/media/sounds/508/FUNKYTOWN.wav

2. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

p.s. anyone know where I can D/L the southpark episodes? I remember someone posted a website that had them, but I lost the link ...

3. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

theres been several sites but they usually get shut down after a couple months (or in a few cases, a couple weeks)

your best bet is to go on morpheus and search for episodes there.

p[l]a+0

4. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

i suggest you get a copy of mirc or any other IRC client.
    get on an EFNET server (they'll already be in the list) and get in the channel #southpark
    you can get lots of episodes from there, on ftp's, xdcc's etc.

or use a filesharing program and find them.

5. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

you're the worst character ever towlie

....i know....

6. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

I LOVE Towelie.

he was way too cute!

7. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

www.southparkx.net - you have to register to download, but it's nothing major.

and, your welcome.

--craig

8. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

dammit! i cant register!

can anyone else??

p[l]a+0

9. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

"Ya shouldna done that, he's just a boy."

:eek: I fell off my chair and nearly broke my tailbone when I heard that.:eek:

10. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

actually i lied. you don't have to register .. just read the bottom of that paragraph and click [cartman]over there[/cartman] .. or just scroll all hte way to the bottom and [cartman]click ovah there[/cartman].

oh rain-bows, ya, i like those.

--craig

11. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Towelie rocks!

I watched that episode at least twice since I taped it on Friday night. The Funky Town line is the best.

South Park is still one of my favourite shows. even if it's not getting the headlines that it did when it started out, the show just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

I've been able to find most older episodes through Morpheus, and that southparkx site is great too even though you can only stream and can't download.

One of my favrourite episodes ever though, is the Scott Tennorman must die episode... oh man... I laughed myself nearly to death.

Pete "you guys wanna get high?"

12. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

yes you can, right click on the other link and save to computer.

clickity-click barbara trick.

--craig

13. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Indeed, Towelie was too funny. The funkytown part had me laughing pretty hard. :) The best was Cartman's line at the end though like SlipperyPete said.. "You're the worst cahracter ever Towelie" .. "I know"

:D

Is that "Ya shouldna done that.. He's just a boy." line a reference to anything? As always, hilarious when delivered by Cartman.

- Sam

14. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Thanks ... I don't think I'll be leaving my computer for a while :)

15. dlerium88

dlerium88 TRIBE Member

The ritalin episode was pretty fuckin funny too...

Southpark has just been soo good lately. I've got all of the 5th season of episodes..the earlier seasons are harder to find...

16. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

not when you have every single episode burnt to cd, neatly organized by season, sitting in your cd rack :)

17. AT-AT

AT-AT TRIBE Member

oh man, i have no idea wha's goin' on...

I've been praising the virtues of Towelie back in October, but I'm glad people be catching on by now...;)

Towelie-ban?

18. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

19. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

20. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

i ordered the i hate towelie tshirt 3 months ago and it still hasn't arrived. was that commercial a scam?

21. dlerium88

dlerium88 TRIBE Member

You are SO my new best friend. Can I burn them..PLEASE!!!

I can trade you copies of Futurama and Family Guy...(neatly organised on MY CD rack...I just started Southpark recently).