1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Staff at System can kiss my behind...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by KillaLadY, Mar 31, 2002.

1. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

... well, not all of them. This particular guy that gave me a bad trip and ruined my shirt.
    It was about 2:30am, which means that it was past the last call, but I still have a glass with REV in it that my friend Lindsay bought for me. So I am enjoying this drink and having an awsome time (I must say that I was really impressed with the music last night at System) and this stupid guy with the bucket comes and collects the empty bottles and glasses. So he sees my glass which was almost full and wants to dump it in his bucket. I ran towards him and I told him that I am still drinking that and as he can see, it's full and not to dump it.

So the guy starts yelling at me and says: "C'mon, finish it now, I don't have time for you." I gave him a weird look, because I didn't understand why he is in such a hurry, so I took the glass and took about 3 sips of it and I was holding it in my hand and dancing. The guy is still there, standing and looking at me... so I just smiled and continued dancing. Then all of the sudden, he grabs my arm and the glass and starts dumping it on my shirt. He gives me the nastiest look on his face and tells me: "Ok bitch, enough, I don't have time for you, give me the glass"

I started yelling at him and ask him what the hell is his problem, I paid for the drink and I am going to finish it, but he pushed me away and took my glass. I was in such a bad mood after that, I just went home. Until now, I can't believe that he did that, I have been partying for 5 years and I have never ENCOUTERED such thing.

Can they do that, are they allowed to just steal my drink and talk to me like that? Is there something I can do?

2. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

how does he look like?

3. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

There is not doubt about him being wrong, but I do believe there is a policy about open alcohol after a certain hour.
    I think the best thing you can do is get a hold of a manager and let them know about their staff member.
    That is just wrong, no matter what the situation. :mad:

4. scruffy1

scruffy1 TRIBE Member

They are allowed to take your drink for a number of reasons. The main one at that time is that ALL alcohol has to be gone 45 minutes after last call. The guy was probably right in that he didn't have time to come back because if it was left out it could mean his job.

However, what he did to you might be considered assault. He can take your drink, but he can't dump it on you.

5. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

On a side note my friend and I were at System last summer (I forget which night). We were both dancing and this security guy passes through the both of us (when there was plently of space around us). Suspsciously brushing close to my friend, who felt a tug at his pants where his cell hung (and partly fell).

HE TRIED TO STEAL HIS CELL!!!

:eek:

6. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Well, I know that the alcohol should be consumed after a certain time, but I mean... I have never had that problem before. Especially when I AM ACTUALLY holding my drink and drinking it. Plus, I don't appreciate being talked like that and treated like that.

And it doesn't cost their job, their job IS to find the empty bottles and take them with him, if a person is drinking that drink and most importantly holding it, I don't think it's right to just take my drink. And it's not like this is the first time I am in a club...

It was 2:30pm, it wasn't even that late either.
    He was skinny, dark-skinned guy.

7. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

they have to make sure noone is drinking alcohol after a certain time. did you want him to finish clearing the glasses and drinks from the rest of the club and then come back to you to collect your empty glass so that you would have an extra 10 minutes to finish your rev?

he shouldn't have been rude to you, for sure. but when you're in a licensed establishment they do have laws and stuff to follow.

8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I wasn't the only one drinking there, everyone around me had some sort of something to drink, either a beer bottle or other drink.

And I drank before at that time and I was never treated like that before, if that glass wasn't empty, they will not touch it. Or they will just ask me to finish it nicely and I would. And that's what I was doing last night, I was drunking it so I could give him the glass.

9. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I've had someone also stand and wait for me to chug my beer which was totally stu[id because I had just bought it and it was only 2:30. I still had half of it. Of course, I didn't want to puke so I just took a few swigs and gave it to him in fear of getting kicked out by security.

What's the cut-off time anyway for drinks? Last call is at 2:00 but 2:30 is definitely too early to cut off drinking a drink you bought b4 2.

You should've reported him immediately. But who knows what they would've done. They might've just shrugged you off.

10. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

^^how can you only have drunk half a beer in half an hour!?

:confused:

or do i just drink too fast?

p[l]a+0

11. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of... that it won't make a difference. I was just in shock, because I had never had that happen before. And I am not really sure why he picked on me either, I was just enjoying my drink.

12. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

I'm pretty certain that the legal requirement is that all drinks must be cleared by 2:45am.

=tina=

13. cable

cable TRIBE Member

kiX is right
    all signs of alcohol service must be gone 45 minutes after last call.

cheers
    Rob

14. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

i think you're right kix.

so if you look at it that way, the guy's job is to clear *not only your drink*, but the drinks of everyone in the club (or half the drinks in the club, since they probably have a couple of people clearing glasses).

15. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

So no one is supposed to be drinking after 2:45?
    Don't they do rounds? I mean, they should just go around and around.

I mean, one of my tasks at work is the closing procedure and I have to clear EVERYTHING off of all tables, chairs, corners, shelve crevices, windowsills for 4 floors. I'm essentially a library busboy so it's pretty common to have people not finished using something before closing. And you end up having to go around a couple of times until on one of your rounds, they've finished and left the book on the table.

It's a pain in the butt when you tell people about the time and they just shrug and they don't move. But it's my job. I don't see why they can't do that at System cuz that IS their job.

16. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

It was 2:30, not 2:45 and I just think that the way he handled it was pretty rude.

Thanks to him, my playboy shirt that used to be white, now it's blue.

17. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

i had a drink in my hand around 3 am for howells..the guy kindly asked me too finish it off..eww chugging half a glass of rev...said thanks, then took my glass for me.

maybe you just suck? :)

18. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I hate holding drinks at a club. It's just a pain in the ass. So when I get one, it's during a break from dancing, or I chug it fast.

Water bottles are ok, cause you can close those and don't have to worry about it spilling all over the place.

But if some bus boy were to spill a drink on me, I would have accidently knocked over his box full of glasses. The "clumsy" shit will get a talking to from the Manager. And you will get your sweet revenge :mad:

:)
    Karim

19. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

thats why its best to just finish a bottle of water and dump the rev in that and save it for later in the night.... or maybe i'm the only alcoholic that does that

20. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

It just sucks huge here in Canada with the alcohol rules. I just came back from Europe where the liquor and beer flows all night until the bar closes. Not to mention.....when I ordered shots of Jagr while over there....the waitress gave me these little miniature bottles....she even put 3 in my pocket for later. Why does it have to be so uptight here.

Let's move to last summer in New Jersey where I was leaving the bar to go back to my hotel. I realized that I didn't have any beer and there wasn't a convienence store in sight. I was able to order beers to go in a bag at the bar to take with me upon exit.

I often find myself power drinking right up to the hour in order to make up for the closing of the bar at 2am.

KillaLady...I am also the victim of the "Hurry and finish your drink" staff who make you engulf your drink in 2 seconds.

Pffffft

North American rubbish.

21. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

I hear they'll be closed for a few weeks due to a liquor licence violation.

ITS THE END OF THE WOOORLD!!!!!! :p

Peace & love. D

22. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Now there's a Triber with a plan! I'm gonna try that one!

23. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

We used to do that for overnight school trips back in highschool. We'd fill our water bottles with Malibu, Vodka, Rum, whatever clear alcohol we can get.

;) <--- It's russian water!!
    Karim

24. D-Monic

D-Monic TRIBE Member

Perhaps that's why they're being extra cautious to have all the drinks cleared... so as not to anger the liquor board anymore and have their license suspension lengthened.

Although he was rude, he was doing his job...

... and drinking Rev after it's been sitting for 1/2 hour? warm Rev? Ewwww....

25. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

^^^
    I'm sorry but I don't think being an ass-clown and wetting people with Rev is part of his job description.