1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Sasha Ibiza Re-Release

Discussion in 'New Music (Vinyl, Tape & CD Reviews)' started by ADT, Mar 7, 2002.

1. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Sasha, the world's finest DJ presents his legendary 'Ibiza' Global Underground mix on triple pack 12"
    vinyl. 6 tracks of pure emotion, unmixed and remastered - direct to your turntables. The combination
    of Space's legendary terrace and Sasha's unrivalled track selection make for a limited edition, 5000
    press triple pack of Global Underground's greatest selling compilation.

RAFF 'N' FREDDY. DEEP PROGRESS
    DOMINICA. REAL TIME

JIMPY FEATURING SARAH. TALKIN'
    NATIOUS. AMBER

BLUEFISH.ONE
    ACQUILLA. DREAMSTATE

AVAILABLE NOW. AROUND THE WORLD

This limited run has been pressed with the highest quality production from the remastering of each track to the luxurious GU packaging which will mean you can keep your limited edition vinyl and sleeves intact for years to come.

so what do you think of the tracks they chose?

personally...

are all ***** in my books...

but

comparitively much weaker than the other 4..

i was very dissapointed not to see SANDER KLIENENBERG - MY LEXICON on there... that track is THE BOOOOOOMB

i think ill pick it up anyway.. the roll of the drums in Real Time is worth whatever this whole package costs...

SWEEEEEET!

v..abstractdatatype

[​IMG]

2. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

There's a place for posts like these...music forums I think they're called?

3. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

everyone's gotta have a freakin' Ibiza mix...

I'm thinking of releasing my own Ibiza mix even though I've never been there. Somehow my dj career would be incomplete without one. I'll put a pretty picture of the sun setting on the cover and it'll have a picture of me looking all serious giving the "progressive" look. ;)

Pete

4. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

heh.. ibiza mix.. tribe is hardcore!

5. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

hey.. thats better than the pan-cake eyes goa boy..

;)

v..abstractdatatype (never gives the progressive look)

ps there is only one ibiza mix.. the best there is.. the best there was.. the best there ever will be.. dont dare compare this mix to some MOS piece of c***.. the mixing on the first disk is fucking stuuupid

6. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

lame!

7. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

yah.. i couldnt figure which forum to put it in.. afterall

trance = prog = house = trance = prog = .............

<system failure>

8. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

if only..

9. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

http://www.globalunderground.co.uk/link2/

They're putting a big emphasis on the sound quality of the tracks, I think it's a good idea. Nice collector piece if you enjoyed the album, like the Jimmy Van M bedrock 3 x LP.

10. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

I'm surprised at the number of people on the board that are into DJ's like Sasha, Digweed and Oakenfold...

I've heard mixes and tracks by all of those guys and don't find any of it to be terrible groundbreaking, maybe I'm missing something?! Can someone tell me what the appeal is, I honestly don't get it.

11. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

C'mon guys, he is a big enough Dj and there is a big enough demand for this compilation for it to be expected. Why are we re-hashing on old Dj jokes & stabs.

I'm going to give it my utmost consideration.. depending on price.

12. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

deep progress is such a sweet intro track
    hell...cd 1 of ibiza is one of my fave mixes of all time
    [joey]*just so you know*[/joey]

13. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

yah... the texture of the beat when it first drops is so slick...

v..abstractdatatype

14. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

the baseline track and space manoeuvres should have been on there :)