the pros and cons of living in toronto?!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by skyparty, Jan 14, 2002.

1. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

um woah.

sweetie- i am moving, it's just a matter of some simple questions. i lived in downtown-- but basically inna dorm and i dont want that again.

you're right though, leaving my mom...
    except it's not that i'll be lost without her- it's just she's like a best friend to me. the best guidance, the best advice, the best hugs, the coolest and funiest to party with... she's my mom- she's all i have. i'm an only child. i've lived away frm her BEFORE no big deal... it's not that... i can do that... i just love my mom to death and can't be TOO bar away.

3 hours though, i ca swing it.

across the country- i'd miss her too much after awhile.

and i've already decided i'm moving

it's just a matter of working out fine details

narissa [​IMG]

2. Par- T

Par- T TRIBE Member

Wha Wha.. Parkdale here!

Nothing like a 'hood with character: the homeless, the hos, mental-health dischargees, crack houses, me ... hey you're entertained just waiting for the street-car!

3. louie

louie TRIBE Member

And then there is Chester Lee, GlenDower, Moss Park, Bay Mills, East Scarborough, Flemington...... ah come on i know theres more, anybody?????

4. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

I'm personally planning on moving to Toronto as well!
    I was born, raised and still living in Cambridge. (not proud of it though one bit)
    Now that I'm done getting my education, I want to go where all the excitement is! I just landed an awesome career in my studies in downtown Toronto just recently in November.
    But, seeing that rent it SO EXPENSIVE.. I'm going to continue to commute back and forth to work for a little while until I can save up a down payment on a mortgage. I want to buy a Condo in downtown T-Dot! The mortgage payments will almost be the equivalent to paying rent and I'll own it!

T Dot Rocks Da House Baybee! I can't wait to move!!!
    Too much to do... too little time.

Later..

Sean B [​IMG]

5. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

all those countries are in Europe. Europe is fun but not exactly travelling that will change your world view. Try some real travelling (yes, I am a travelling snob [​IMG]).

I'd say travel now. It will only take 3-6 months, then you can move to Toronto. People get tied down pretty quickly without meaning too. All of a sudden you get a job that turns into a career (you already said you don't care about your job). You buy a house (McBee just did). You will often hear seniors say "I always wish I'd travlled to..." but I've never heard somebody say "My biggest regret in life is that I never moved to Toronto 4 months earlier...."

Bumbaclat

6. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

thanks for your advice,

but i'm not travelling alone and i always told myself the next i travel- it would be with that SPECIAL someone

whom i havent found yet... so moving it is!

narissa [​IMG]

7. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

fair enough.... that could be fun.

Bumbaclat

8. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

i thought so

narissa [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

This could have been written by me. Born at Cambridge memorial baby! And I'm doing the buy-a-condo thing in Toronto later this year too.

They're putting up so many new ones, I figure the market *has* to be saturated. But it's a good time to buy - low mortgage rates - and a real estate market that can only go up.