The nuclear holocaust is upon us

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Deus, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

If your thinking 'WE' as us modern day yokels that constantly have to be reminded what freedom is, then yes, I could see the laughter.
    But I was talking about the 'WE' as a nation with a history of defending freedom and the veterans who willing gave their lives because they believed we shouldn't have to goosestep to work.

I never said WTC was the price of freedom.
    THAT is the cost of freedom under fire from those that despise and test democracy.

For someone that really seeming doesn't like democracy (although I'm sure likes living in one) I'm not seeing any offered solutions....:confused:

Is this just going to be a bitch session? :rolleyes:
    Shall we all just point at pictures and be armchair critics?

I can understand the frustration, I mean, can't we just all get along? The reality is, no. As much as I hate having to type that answer (I'm all for a group hug) that's the reality.
    There will always be haters of democracy and what it stands for.

2. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

AMEN to that. :)

3. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

Does it really surprise you? When Bush declared the states was disolving the Kyoto treaty by leaving it he claimed that Russia is no longer America's enemy.. China is! About 6 months later he's flying over to China to talk about new initiatives that'll bring the two countries closer together.. another 6 months later China is a potential target for nukes.

4. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I don't wanna say I told you so, but remember that Nuclear threat vs. the war on terrorism thread?

I got major flak for saying that the U.S. is the most likeley to use Nuclear weapons again.. this just gave evidence.

It saddens me to believe the world has changed so instantly and the public outcry aginst this beurocracy & mild dictatorship currently developing is so mild. Have we been persuade-a-troned to swallow every movement of the machine? It's a dictatorship of the worst kind -a dictatorship with a purpose. It's gaining the type of momentum that scares me, doing anything the want by stamping it with the WAR ON TERRORISM seal of approval.
    Justifying their actions by moderatly linking them with the benifit of "public security" when all they are really concered with is securing the public. Marijuana/hemp related arrests & convictions on the higher levels have spiked since 9/11. Bush's propiganda ad campaign linking weed useage with support of terrorism only suggests that they are using ther "new war" as leverage to prosecute these people more efficiently.

This is bullshit, but getting abck to the nuclear thing,
    I think if any war related nuclear policy had to be changed in times of non-war it should be done by refferendum.

5. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Terrorism is the new Communism. The parrallels are everywhere.

Only this time, the term "terrorism" is so broad and vague that anyone not in 100% agreement with U.S. policies can be labeled a terrorist.

Pete

6. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

be afraid, be very afraid....

ps sorry laura, i thought you were referring to the states.
    pps being offensive is the only way to win convential wars. the problem is that this war shouldn't even be fought.

7. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

You got flack because you said the U.S. was the most likely to use nuclear weapons in an unprovoked attack.

Words are words, threats are threats - personally I would be much happier if there were no such thing as nuclear weapons. But there is, so I guess the hostile countries attempting to obtain them should be met with harsh measures.

Just think if the U.S.'s public position was that they would never use their nuclear arsenal - the hostiles with nuclear arms would be laughing their asses off at the showing of weakness. Its a no-win situation, as is the norm with these issues.

:)d

8. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

No, all I said was the country most likely to make use of nuclear weapons again is the U.S. Statistics and actions all pointed to it, and this is just the latests development.

Reacting due to provocation by nuclear hostility is a no-brainer.. any country with a nuclear arsenal would retaliate that way especially the U.S... especially now.

But our argument before stemmed was about unprovoked nuclear attack and I strogly think that the U.S. out of any other country would be the most likely to do this. I'm not saying that they're going to go drop bombs on every country they'd like to relinquish, but I can see them responding to non-nuclear hostility with nuclear "solutions". It seems they have this higher agenda of proving themselves to be bigger & better and to me they have no reservation about flexing muscle.

Bush has been visiting various allied leaders and openly discussing his inparticular plans to invade Iraq.

Hmmm.. lets see. Ammending nuclear policy, plans to invade another country, higher agendas... you add it up.

9. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

fawk... this is my theme for today..
    [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Finally, ADT said something I agree with:

and I find more moral outrage in the murderous bombing of 100 innocent people by the consensus of 200 million than there is in the murder of 3000 by the consensus of 100 people..

Interesting point.

Isn't Chretien going to the White House today or tomorrow to discuss the Bush administration's new nuclear policy? Should be interesting to hear what Bush divulges.

And OTIS - I hear your point. One of my first thoughts upon hearing about the WTC attack was that it would give the US a carte blanche agenda to attack their foes at will. And that scared me more than anything else.

11. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Bush is the scariest dumb ass I've ever come across. If I had one of those big cartoon hands, I'd smack him with it!

Is this the beginings of WW3, started by the US? It always starts with an idiot with a plan.

Anyone up for creating a nuclear hide out with food stuffs to last us 10 years or so. We could turn it into a rave. Someone be sure to bring decks and a system!

12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Once again, I'd like to say...

That I think human beings are the worst animal on earth.

13. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

Then we'd have 15 techno dj's fighting over who gets to spin next. I think i'd rather take the nukes.

14. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Gold!! :D

It's funny because it's true.

Pete