the nintendo power glove thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by xtollo, Mar 11, 2002.

1. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

Damn ... that was the funnest shit ever!
    My firned has a set of those ... and we used to have so much fun
    Damn ... the memories

stu

2. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Mine was orange and really faggy looking!! :( I had a deprived childhood for having an orange duck hunt gun :(

The Wizard, after seeing that movie, I wish I was a mentaly challenge gaming prodigy!

Anyone have this on VCD?

:) <----------- So wants to see the Wizard again
    Karim

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Only person I knew with one was my cousin, and he can't find his...

I wonder how much I could fetch for my set on eBay.

4. deep

deep TRIBE Member

do you guys remember the cartoon?

Laser Tag was as 80's as it gets...remember the ads? There's some site on the net that has them archived.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

hehe. Lazer Tag Academy? Wow, that show was bad. ;)

Apparently you can download the shows from videoflicks.com

[​IMG]

6. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Does anyone remember the TV show that you bought a gun for, and you could shoot at the robots during the show for points?

7. deep

deep TRIBE Member

captain power

complete with muchmusic's terry david mulligan!

8. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

whoa...i amost forgot about the glove

i'm gonna go look for mine in the basement

hehehehe

9. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

captain power was badass.

i have a couple of episodes on videotape

10. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

This was my entertainment before Nintendo. I used to get the games at garage sales.

I had the Gun, pad, 4 way thing to play with 4 players, the actual arcade controller and....the robot.

Only had him for like 2 days. He was useless and only worked for 1 game so brought it back for the set with the pad. You think the glove and the power pad was useless should have seen R.O.B.B.I.E - I think his name was.

Anyone who knows what the acronym means gets bonus points :D

11. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

That is all

12. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i had yars revenge! :D

it was fun :)

so was every other game for atari, never dissapointed with that.

pac man was great with the atari joysticks....i play it on my computer using my keyboard and it sucks, you have no control over that little fuck. :mad:

i cant even get past level 3 :(

p[l]a+0 <--downloading an atari emulator right now!

13. matty

matty TRIBE Member

Does anyone remember a TV show from the 80's that interacted with a gun you could buy? You had to shoot people on the screen and it you weren't quick enough your gun would explode. Am I dreaming? I can't find anything out about this.

I should really read the rest of the thread before I post :eek:

14. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

you should, that was captain power....your pilot would explode out of the cockpit in his ejection seat if you got hit 5 times without hitting any on screen targets.

but hitting the target was so easy that 'winning' (getting 25 hits on the enemy - it think) was assured in most episodes...

15. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!!!!!! u are officially the best!! haha.....at our little afterhours parties, we've been talking about some new games and toys we need to keep ourselves busy!! we've played trouble WAY too much, and opperation just gets boring after u get used to it....so we've figured out that we need scategories, and the power pad!! it would be WAY too much fun!!!!! do u have one?? I'll buy it from u!! haha....:D

*jen*

16. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

hahaha... the powerpad.... i think that was a parents nightmare when they got it and it was used on the 2nd floor of a house right above the living room.. they'd just hear constant pounding on the floor...... i can remember using that so clearly....

17. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

18. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

I sank a battleship worth of money in to my Nintendo.. I still have all my stuff though, including:
    Original NES system
    Powerglove with the whole setup for the TV
    NES Advantage Controller
    NES Max Controller
    80 Cartridges including some rare and expensive ones
    Original Controllers, and Original Gun (Not the gay orange one)

I've also still got my SNES in working order, and around 50 games for that kicking around. Some of them are pretty valuable. My copy of Chrono Trigger with Original Manuals and Box is worth about $250 Canadian...

And yes, I have a Virtual-Boy, with 5 games, including WarioLand, Mario's Tennis and Telero-Boxer.

I fucking hate Nintendo so much. They owe me so large for that fucking thing.

I'm a Sony Junky now.
    2 Playstation 2's, 1 PSX (a model 1001 OLDSKOOL) and all kinds of toys.

Also have a Dreamcast and about 100 games that just gather dust..

Video Games Rock.. :)

19. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

And I understand why - definetely one of the best games Nintendo put out for any system.

All this talk has me firing up my NES emulator :)