>>>>> THE NFL PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 9, 2002.

1. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

As much as id LOVE to see the Pats win the Superbowl...i have to admit that its going to be extrememly difficult, if not impossible.

They have almost no running game (even though they managed a small one against the raiders - but the raiders defence is garbage anyway)..and their dependance on Brady is way too high. I have alot of confidence that Brady can, and will be a great QB in the years to come...but this IS his first year as a starter..and his first year in the playoffs...

I personally think they are more than capable of taking down the Steelers..and even moreso if Bettis isnt playing. However, even if they do get by them, Kurt Warner and the Rams (who will spank the Eagles on Sunday) will be quite the monumental task.

Regardless...this is more than i expected from my Pats this year..so whatever happens, im proud of what they have accomplished... [​IMG]

Sundays Games:

Eagles vs. Rams: Kurt Warner did not have a great game on Sunday against the Packers..luckily, neither did Favre, leading to the Rams convincing win. I think Philly is a far weaker team than the Pack, and the Pack got spanked. The only way Philly will win is if the Rams dont show up at all...but im sure that wont happen. My Pick: Rams

Patriots vs. Steelers:I obviously have a biased opinion on this game, but regardless of that, i DO think the Pats are capable of winning this game. As good as the Steelers played without Bettis on Sunday, they are not a team that is unbeatable. If Brady learns from the small mistakes he made on Saturday (some overthrown passes, rushing a few of his passes, etc.), and the team as a whole (including defence) steps it up like i know they can, the Patriots should have a chance to make it to the big show. My Biased Pick: Pats [​IMG]

My Playoff Record: 5-3

Were you saying something dumbass?? [​IMG]

-Chris

2. CC

CC TRIBE Member

rice has had a great career. we're not talking about ray bourque here, where he never won a championship. rice won his fair share, so suck it up. there is no way that the raiders would be able to come with 30 points of the steelers anyways, so getting to the big game was going to be impossible. and could you imagine how shitty they would be in the superbowl against the rams? that would be worse than watching the old Bills vs. Cowboys games.

CC

3. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

I think the Eagles are a highly underrated team. They gave the Rams a tough fight when they faced each other in the regular season. The Rams barely scraped by with a 20-17 win in OT. The Eagles have one of the top defences in the league, coming just behind Chicago in points allowed for the season, and having allowed just one offensive touchdown against them in the playoffs so far. And if you consider that the Rams' highly touted offence only accounted for 17 of the 45 points in the game against the Packers, this could be a closer game than most people think.

4. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

I would love to see Eagles vs Pats in the Bowl or Eagles vs Pitts. I think Rams against Pats or Steelers in the Bowl will be a blowout/boring game.
    Jimi James

5. CC

CC TRIBE Member

take that back!!!!

pitt vs the rams would be a good game. they are the only defense that can contain the rams offense. the pitt pass and run defence are the best in the league. and i know that the rams will have some trouble with stewart.

CC

6. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

Alright, I'll bet you that Rams will beat the Eagles this weekend 42-20 and if they meet Pitts in the bowl it will be 47-21. $20
    Peace
    Jimi James

7. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

You're making one bet on two games?

8. CC

CC TRIBE Member

you're guess it will be exactly 47 - 21?
    i need to know exactly what we're betting

CC

9. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

not only that, but you're betting on what the *exact score* will be for both games?

dude, stay out of las vegas. they'll eat you alive. [​IMG]

10. CC

CC TRIBE Member

ya, i think they have guys that will look for him at the airport.

CC

11. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

I would be checking up on the Rams injury report before making that bet. There's been grumblings about the fact that Martz left some of his starters on the field late in the game. Warner is hurt(strained ribs, one of the more nasty injuries your QB can get)

Their defense is'nt gonna have such an easy game this time around cause McNabb is gonna give them fits. The Packers D beat the crap out of Warner and expect the Eagles to do the same. Even if the Rams make it to the Bowl, the Steelers D is gonna smack them so hard in the mouth, the game will be over before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Rams 24 Eagles 19
    (if Warner gets taken down before the end of the first half then Eagles 19 Rams 10)
    Steelers 28 Patriots 15

Superbowl
    Steelers 35 <whoever> 21

Offense is for pansies, defense wins championships.

12. CC

CC TRIBE Member

^^^^ i like this guy's analysis.

CC

13. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Don't forget what the Eagles' blitz did to Chicago's QB... If anyone in the NFL knows how to play hard-nosed defensive football, it's Philly.

14. ThePlunger

ThePlunger TRIBE Member

Sunday's tomorrow so out with the predictions.

St. Louis & Pittsberg both covering, both over.

Matt

15. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

both will win. neither will cover. what are the o/u's?

16. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

*nervous*

So tommorows the big day!

Everyone already knows my predictions, so i wont bother with that...but I have to say, it dosent look all that hot for the Pats winning...but if they do, i can see them rifing it right until the Superbowl...and if the Rams arent there (fat chance)..then they may even have a chance to win the Superbowl?

Team of Destiny wha?? [​IMG]

-Chris <-- Livin' on a prayer

17. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Ditto.

It's D-Day for the pats... I was cheering for them up til now, but they're gonna meet their sorry demise. And the eagles... well they are just the weakest team of the 4 in the semifinals in my opinion.

Should be good.

18. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Well I'm 7-1 so far, my only loss was picking the Pack to beat the Rams last week *hits self on head* STUPID! Oh well, I was going for the gold.

I'm going to take the Steelers. Don't really have much of an analysis, as I think the Steelers(if they play even half decent) Will destroy the Pats.

In the NFC, I'm sticking with the Eagles, as they are my team. I know that it is going to be hard, but I just have a gut feeling that they are really going to be givin er, and I can't cheer against my team.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    Dave

19. CC

CC TRIBE Member

i don't really think it's going to happen, but a superbowl with stewart vs. mcnab would be pretty damn exciting to watch.

CC

20. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Patriots are the weakest IMO.

21. ThePlunger

ThePlunger TRIBE Member

AFC Game

Steelers by 9.5
    Over/Under is 37.5

NFC Game

Rams by 12.5
    Over/Under is 48.5

Matt

22. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

I could be wrong, though.

[​IMG]

23. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

So..so...so..so.....

Does anyone hear that sound? The sound of the New England nay-sayers eating their own words. Admittedly..i had some doubt..but how could i not?? But i had faith..and the boys came through..

Congrats Pats for a fucking awesome game! Special teams came up big..the defence came up big..and the offence did what they needed to do in timely fashion..

...and what can you say about Drew Bledsoe? He is everything you want a proffesional athelete to be...he got his chance, and proved he is still one of the better QB's in the league...

WAY TO GO PATS!!

-Chris

PS- Im shedding a tear for you Kordell and Bettis...NOT!! Apparently the Bus turned out to be more of a mini-van.. [​IMG] Hahahahaha....

New Orleans here we come!..whaaat?

24. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

NE - 24
    PIT - 17

Kordell stewert reminded us once again that he is a great athelete, but not a good quarterback.

Bledsoe comes in, shows no rust, and guides them to the tough road win. [​IMG]

other game:

Rams - 7
    Eagles -0

25. joey

joey TRIBE Member

mother fucker!

im not even watching the super bowl now that the steelers are out