>>>>> THE NFL PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Brady has shown a lot of guts, and he has a good arm. You gotta wonder what New England's gonna do next year with both Brady and Bledsoe.

2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

fattyp - your brady comment is above all other things ignorant

he's showing a lot of composure, for a guy with limited experiance

overtime - here we go

3. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

OMFG THAT WAS THE BULLSHITTEST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF BULLSHITTY CALLS EVER

4. CC

CC TRIBE Member

what happen? who won? i didn't watch the end of the game.

CC

5. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

The Pats won.

Brady fumbled the ball, Raiders recovered with 1:47 left in the game, but the officials ruled it an incomplete pass, so the pats retained possession of the ball. They came back and managed to score a fieldgoal with 30 seconds left to tie the game up at 13-13, and then the Pats won the OT coin toss and scored another fieldgoal to come back and win the game 16 to 13.

6. CC

CC TRIBE Member

sweet deal. make my record for the playoffs 5-1 so far. tomorrow i will make that 7-1 for predictions. just you see.

CC

7. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

GO PATS GO!!

Even though the win was marred a bit by the admitted bad call...this is all part of the game, and my Pats came out in front! [​IMG]

..and of course..Philly was way too much for the Bears..bringing my playoff record so far to a respectable 4 - 2.

[​IMG]

-Chris

8. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

Probably a trade involving both Bledsoe and/or Terry Glenn...i can see some NICE returns for the Pats for that...

Look out NFL..da Pats are a comin! [​IMG]

-Chris

9. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

go eagles!!!!!!!!

tomorrow:
    rams (duh)
    ravens -- they put the fence in de-fence to keep squirrels like the steelers OUT

10. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

6-0 [​IMG]

Looking like i'll lose my perfect record when the rams beat the pack, but ya never know.

That Oak/NE game last night was a classic.

I love footbal.
    Davre

11. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Finally, I don't have to be ashamed to be an Eagle's fan anymore! [​IMG]

12. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

*** go patriots ***

Gotta love the come from behind-last ditch effort-forcing overtime and winning business

13. CC

CC TRIBE Member

it's only the second quarter of the steeler/ravens game and it's already clear that A) the ravens suck ass; B) the steelers need a new kicker.

CC <-looking forward to being 7-1 by the end of the day.

14. Housey D

Housey D TRIBE Member

Yih yih! The Steelers are kicking ass!!
    My boyfriend's a Ravens fan, and I'm diehard Pittsburgh, so he's hearing it from me now! [​IMG]

15. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

I used to be an Iggles fan back in the days of Randall Cunningham and the big Buddy Ryan Defence. I wasn't too sure when they switched owners and things went to shit for a few years, and then they lost a bunch of their veterans, like Charlie Garner and Eric Allen but things are starting to really look good again. I'm still not sure if they're quite ready to take on the Pack or the Rams, but they'll definitely give either of those teams a run for their money. With a few good acquisitions in the off season, they'll definitely be in the running again next year.

16. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

Just wanted to mention a little something i saw on Sportsnet about New Englands win on Sat night. Apparently...NFL Rule 3, Section 21, Article 2 staes in part...

"...any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body.”- taken from Sportnet website. http://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/story/10115663696285.shtml?sport=football&association=nfl&STORY_OID=10115663696285

Soooo...you may think the rule sucks..but it is part of the rulebook, so we can all put any "Raiders got ripped off" sentiment anyone may have.. [​IMG]

-Chris

17. CC

CC TRIBE Member

^^^^ that is correct. i was going to mention something about that actually.

raiders suck anyways..... [​IMG]

STEELERS RULE!!!!!

CC

18. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

FUCK YOU THE RAIDERS STILL GOT RIPPED OFF!!!

19. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Ok well I am one of the biggest Pats fans around, just let them have their time. It has been a long time coming, this article for espn describes it best

20. joey

joey TRIBE Member

FUCK!

I sucked this week!

Fucking Pats, hey why don't you pay the refs?

Fucking Bears, as if a bear couldn't fuck up an eagle

Fucking Pac.. uh ya, they dont play on turf

Way to go Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers

21. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

So yeah, that call at the end of the Raiders/Pats game was wack, that's all I have to say...so the match-ups are Rams vs. Eagles, and Steelers vs. Pats

will be Rams and Steelers in the Super Bowl, and if the Rams defense can play like they did today, the will win...but if not, then the Steelers will be crowned super bowl champions.

Bias

22. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

YOU MUST DIE!!!*

*I'm not even that big of a raiders fan anyway... I just wanted to see rice in the big game one more time before he retired. [​IMG]

23. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Trading Bledsoe would be a BIG mistake. He has been consistently one of the best QB's in the league for the past several years. And I do feel that Brady has gotten entirely too much credit for bringing the Pats this far. Although, it seems most likely that Bledsoe will be gone by next year.

[​IMG]

24. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i'm at 5 and 3. not bad, not great. but my superbowl prediction is looking stronger than ever. [​IMG]

thoughts from the weekend:

1. donovan mcnabb is slowly turning me into an eagles fan. i thought chicago's defence could mess him up and i was wrong. they were able to make him scramble to his weak side but he still managed to work magic. it was not at all a fair match-up once jim miller got hurt, though, and hopefully chicago will learn to invest more in a second (and even third) string quarterback in the future. it was also sad to bid farewell to soldier field as we know it.

2. oakland's loss to the patriots was the most exciting, and heart-wrenching, game of the season. fans will be debating rule 3, section 21, article 2 for quite some time. personally, i was surprised at the rule. i would have thought that unless the qb was in the process of throwing a forward pass (i.e. not doing a pump-fake or a "tuck"), then it would be a fumble). oh well, at least jerry rice has committed to coming back for another season.

3. if kordell stewart and the steelers offence can come out with the fire and confidence they displayed while spanking the ravens, they can take out anybody. their defence is dominating and hopefully they will be able to incorporate jerome bettis into their current offensive formula and make it even more successful.

4. brett favre played the worst game of his career. 6 interceptions and 2 fumbles ... it was almost comical. as for the high-powered rams, philly may give them a run but i don't think any team left can challenge them other than maybe the steelers if they are having a very good day.

here's looking forward to next week.

and then ... the superbowl. [​IMG]

25. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

WOW!! So anyone wanna take bets that the Pats win the bowl? Just like I said, the cinderella team of the year. Sat. nights game, was the best game I have seen in a while. Bring on the Steelers! How about the Rams?
    Jimi James