>>>>> THE NFL PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 9, 2002.

1. joey

joey TRIBE Member

3/4 so far

next week:

Steelers over Ravens
    Bears over Eagles
    Raiders over Patriots
    Pack over Rams (tough one)

2. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

well....... here are my picks for the next round of these NFL playoffs.

Philly vs. Chicago = Philly win

Oakland vs. New England = Oakland win

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh = Baltimore win

Green Bay vs. St Louis = St Louis win

-Chicago has been too lucky this year, Philly puts and end to their 'lucky' streak. Eagles by a touchdown.

-Raiders will mash up NE. Brady is shit and shouldn't have gotten this far. Raiders by 6.

-Baltimore will show why they won last year. It'll be close... I say the Ravens by 3.

-Rams over the pack. Farve is good... but we'll see why Warner is MVP. Rams by 10.

fattyp©2002

3. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Wow....this thread has died. Must be all the sucky ass 49er and dolphin fans are disgruntled now? http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/321.gif

Well, I was 4 for 4. Next week could be tougher.

Baltimore looked good. Running game is on fire.

Philly is looking good as well. Have the best shot for the "upset" next week

Green Bay(Farve) looked alright. They are going to be in tough, in St. Louis

Oakland was firing pretty well. D is still a question though. They might have a hard time with the Pats next week as well.

my picks for the week to come.
    Dave

4. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

next weekend, round 2:

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Saturday, Jan. 19

PHILADELPHIA at CHICAGO
    OAKLAND at NEW ENGLAND

Sunday, Jan. 20

BALTIMORE at PITTSBURGH
    GREEN BAY at ST. LOUIS

let the shit-talking begin.

5. Klubmasta Will

thoughts from the weekend:

- jerry rice is as dangerous as ever! [​IMG]
    - elvis grbac played very well. i was actually shocked at how brutal the fox commentators were against grbac during the pre-game show so i was happy to see him play such a big game.
    - damn gilbert brown.
    - i choked up watching steve mariuchi in the post-game. another half inch and that last quarter interception would have been a touchdown. [​IMG]
    - the ravens are confident as ever. now that the niners are out, my favourite is the steelers - and the ravens are the last AFC team that i want them to play.

6. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

Yea - sweet games this weekend and a 4/4 on point spread earned me a bill.

I love next weekend's games - nice even match-up's.

Philly/Bears - wicked defensive battle at Soldier. Old time football here.

Rams/Packers - I hate St. Louis so I hope Favre can come through - should be a high scoring shoot-out that Rams win.

Ravens/Steelers - Amazing game here - these two rivals are gonna beat each other senseless. Steelers smoked Ravens in last game in Baltimore - Ravens will want revenge.
    Murderin' Ray Lewis is scary...Kordell better stay in pocket.

Raydaz/Pats - worst game of the bunch. Worst teams left. Don't care much about this one. Pats win.

7. CC

CC TRIBE Member

i was three for four over the weekend. not bad considering i chose 3 underdogs (kind of). i thought that the buks would be the huge surprise.

here's my picks for the next round:

pitt over the ravens (no brainer there)

new england over the raiders

st.louis over the packers

and the phily vs. chicago game is like tossing up a coin. i don't have any idea about this one. the bears have ahd more good luck than anyone this year. but the defense is solid. unfortunately the eagles also have good defense, and mcnab is playing really well. i guess i'll go with the eagles on this one.

CC

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

wow, some great games were played this past weekend, with the losers hittin' the links, and the winners preparing for the second round...here's my picks for the Divisional playoffs...

Philly at Chicago- I'm thinkin' that it'll be a close game, but the Bears will prevail when the clock hits 0.

Oakland at New England- agreeing with Klubmasta will, Rice is as good as ever, and with him and Woodson, the N.E. defence will have their hands full....Oakland will win.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- A great match-up of Defensive giants, I have to go with the Steelers, 'cause the Bus will be ridin' on through!

Green Bay at St. Louis- A clash of the NFC titans, this game promises great offensive moments, but I have no choice to go with THE best team in the NFL, and their MVP quarterback...go Rams [​IMG]

Bias

9. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

Hey now!! I take offence to that sir!! [​IMG]

..well, i was suprised a little with the games this past weekend...i unfortunately had a mere 50% acuracy in my pics...going 2 for 4...ahh well, maybe ill have better luck this week...

Green Bay vs St Louis - Green Bay once again showed that they are still a team to be reckoned with after a great win against a strong 49'ers team. The Rams are now the #1 team in the NFC, but im not sure whether that will be enough to guarantee their win 100%. If Bret Favre catches fire, then the Rams will be in trouble..if they keep him down, then they should have a good chance of taking the green team down. This, in the end, "should" be a defensive battle. My pick: Rams

Philadelphia vs Chicago - Playing in Soldier Field will not be easy for Philly, in fact it might even spell the end for a team that hasnt gotten any better from last year. The Bears however have vastly improved, and may have some favourable historic statistics on their side..but thats about all. My Pick: Philly

Baltimore vs. Steelers - The Ravens suprised me with their play this past weekend, after pretty much stifling Miami with a suffocating defence, and a strong game on the ground. However, they are going up against the best of the AFC, and have their work cut out for them...but remember, Baltimore IS still the defending champs, and i think have proven that they become a whole new team come playoff time. My Pick: Ravens

Oakland vs. New England - Jerry Rice, Jerry Rice, Jerry Rice...he is one scary mother fucker if youre the Pats this Saturday...but NE has always been a strong team defending the air (and have a horrible time defending the ground), so i look for Oakland to try the ground far more than they did last Sunday. Will this affect the overall game? Time can only tell.
    My Pick: Pats

Mr Carbons Playoff Record: 2-2

-Chris

10. CC

CC TRIBE Member

i will repeat,... anyone thinking the steelers will lose are just plain crazy!!! baltimore is gonna get crushed. field position is a huge factor in this game as both teams have good defense. the ravens will have so much trouble getting the ball anywhere downfield that the advantage goes to the steelers. both teams have good defense, but only one is good on offense. keep in mind that the steeler playbook will wear out the ravens defense in no time. there are just too many running backs with talent and too many plays involving the Bus running people over. miami was a sissy team. don't let last weeks game influence your judgement.

Steelers rule.

CC

11. joey

joey TRIBE Member

you are gonna be 2-6 soon dumbass

12. Klubmasta Will

ok, my turn ...

PHILADELPHIA at CHICAGO - gotta go with chicago in this one. donovan mcnabb is fun to watch but the chicago linebackers are fast as hell and they should be able to contain him. plus philly is weak against the run and chicago has destroyed its last few opponents. pick: bears.

OAKLAND at NEW ENGLAND - even though the experts are picking the home team, i will not allow myself to bet against jerry rice. he is the man and that is that. pick: raiders.

BALTIMORE at PITTSBURGH - gotta go with my steelers [​IMG]. even though these teams split their two regular season match-ups, pittsburgh is this year's team of destiny. jerome bettis is healthy and kordell is on a mission. pick: steelers.

GREEN BAY at ST. LOUIS - between brett favre and kurt warner, they have won 5 of the last 7 nfl mvp awards. but this year, the rams not only have the mvp, they also have the runner-up. although my heart will be rooting for the pack, the rams are simply too tough. this may all change though if warner does not recover from his stomach flu ... for now, pick: rams.

13. Klubmasta Will

we should all note that home field advantage is more important this week than normal because all the home teams had an extra week to rest up. the only visiting team i picked is the raiders.

14. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

The weekend is soon here.

makes for some interesting tv watchin' I suppose... yup.

fattyp©2002

15. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

Looks like a killer weekend ahead. Patriots should beat Oakland by a feild goal. This will hopefully lead them to play Pitts( I really hope Pitts doesn't get beat out)
    Peace,
    Jimi James

16. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

2 words for Steeler fans.

KRIS BROWN.

If that is his name - i can't remember - but he is the kicker, and he is totally hexed. Had a brutal year, cost them a home game vs. Ravens already this year....

Deja Vu???

Ravens will win when he misses a potential game winning boot in the last minute...

17. Klubmasta Will

*punt*

this just in:

- kurt warner's stomach flu appears to be under control (and the city of st. louis breathes a collective sigh of relief).

- weatherman predicts 4 inches of snow on saturday for the OAKLAND v NEW ENGLAND game. (that should favour the pats.)

18. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

ahhh, the playoffs [​IMG]

Bias

19. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Ok, I am going to be the last minute picker.

NE vs OAK-- Should be a decent game, NE has a good enough secondary to be more challenging for the OAK wideouts. I'm going to go with the Patriots on this one.

Pit vs Bal. Hmmm.....you really could toss a coin here, but I'm going with the Steelers, cause I really hate the ravens.

Stl vs GB..Well, I don't think anyone has picked th pack, although, we will all be cheering for them. what hte hell, I'm going with Green Bay, and hopeing for another Favre miracle.

Phi vs Chi. I like this game alot. I like the bears, but I dunno about there experiance, so I'm stickin with my team, the EAGLES!!!!

Happy watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dave

20. CC

CC TRIBE Member

he is perhaps the worst kicker in the NFL, but it won't matter when all he's doing is kicking extra points. [​IMG]

CC

21. Klubmasta Will

here.

we.

go.

22. CC

CC TRIBE Member

my prediction of the eagles beating the bears looks pretty good so far. 13-7.

is the other game on after this one? or did i miss it?

CC

23. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

23-17 iggles, bears just FUMBLEAYA'ed

24. CC

CC TRIBE Member

you can up my record to 4-1 for the playoffs so far.

eagles crushed the bears. i thought it would be close, but with miller out, there was no chance. even with miller in the game they wouldn't have won. they didn't do anything on offense. only two touchdowns came off two individual plays, not good scoring drives.

CC

25. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Yeah, and one of the touchdowns was off a defensive play. Did the bears offence even break 100 yards passing?