1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the movie thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by terrawrist III, Feb 25, 2004.

1. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

drive was way over hyped and didnt deliver
  2. mitsuko souma

mitsuko souma TRIBE Member

Regardless, it grossed $76 mill+ worldwide on a $15 mill budget. I'd be shocked if they didn't do a sequel.
  3. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

4. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

5. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

An interview with Ridley and the cast

6. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Nothing's over hyped if you don't know a thing about what any movie is about or what anyone has said about it. This is the only way I see movies now.

It was filmed beautifully, great acting, awesome soundtrack. Loved it.
  7. basketballjones

it was boring, good soundtrack, but boring
    much ado about nothing
  8. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Well it was a love story mostly but at least had more action than most of those do.
  9. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

Watched Haywire last night - didn't like it at all. I couldn't believe when I looked it up that it was a Steven Soderbergh movie.... didn't really enjoy it at all. It's nice to see a strong female character and everything but what a POS. It felt cheap so I wonder were the 24 million budget went... to actors that were totally underused?

I would guess Gina Carano has the best agents or whatever in Hollywood though to get her in a move with those people attached for a first movie. I could see that if she gets better, she'd be great in movies but her skills need some work. Fight scenes were ok but not as good as I would have expected. No wonder it only make 18 million. Hollywood is so messed.
  10. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im currently watching this for obvious reasons.
    I have high hopes that it will rank right up there amoung the worst movies Ive watched.
  11. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im pretty stoked for the Les Mis movie coming out in December. its got a pretty great cast. including helena bonham carter and sacha baron cohen as the innkeeper and his wife. worth watching it for that alone.
  12. djfear

djfear TRIBE Member

I'm looking forward to watching Brave (Pixar), but just watched the most recent trailer and I must admit that it seems to give away too much.

So... to anyone out there interested in this movie, don't watch the latest trailer!
  13. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

Saw Lockout last week. I enjoyed it :)

It's somewhere between a Feature and B-Movie. It's definitely got its hokey parts to it, but overall it was quite entertaining.

It was a dose of good old fashioned 80's spaceship cinema. The bad guys are hilarious and evil as hell.

The female lead is basically useless, but as mentioned above, the tone of the movie seems to be a throwback its 80's forefathers.

Surprisingly Guy Pearce was excellent. Like really, really good. He's found the perfect balance between Snake Plissken and Hans Solo.

Peter Stormare is great doing his asshole thing, but the Joseph Gilgun's performance alone is worth the price of admission.

I'm a sci-fi nerd and I'd possibly pay $18 to see it on IMAX 3D, but for $11 at Canad a Square it was great value.

I'll definitely end up buying this on Blue Ray when it comes out.

14. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

I did the date-night thing last night and saw 5 Year Engagement .

I felt it was like 20 mins too long. It's pretty much what you'd expect from an Apatow group project. It's got dirty jokes and emotional stuff.

Overall, I wasn't overly impressed but most other people in the theatre were loving it.
  15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

16. mitsuko souma

This is the worst shit I've ever seen in my life

serves me right for watching the women's network

At least now we know why they had no chemistry.
    She's strictly into women and he's strictly into himself.
  17. mitsuko souma

aaaaand she finds her dead dad on a beach in outer space. or her dad is an alien.
    fucking shoot me
  18. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

read the book.....it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better
  19. basketballjones

how did you not like that movie???
    im downloading it now
  20. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

it was alright the 1st time around. 1997.
    maybe they should do a remake.ch33se

ps. LMFAO @ BBJ downloading Contact.
    sorry dude.
  21. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Avengers was awesome
  22. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

In IMAX 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. assassaint

assassaint TRIBE Member

24. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Just grabbed the following movies:

-Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    -Young Adults
    -Let the Bullets Fly (really stoked for this one)
    -The Adventures of Tintin
  25. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

also, saw Pariah this week. Super good. Great story about a girl dealing with her sexuality.