The Great Gin Debate and other alcohol related discussions...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Sukebe Jiji, Feb 24, 2002.

1. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

and a picnic!!!
    "i want to feel your arms in a warm embrace, i wanna see the love written on your face, and as time goes by..you'll be my sunshine on a cloudy day"

2. joey

joey TRIBE Member

ya we gotta have a bbq!

and picnics are only allowed on toronto island
    (or whatever it is called)

Take me up up up and away, where the music is my fantasy.
    Take me up up up and away, where fantasy turns to reality.
    Oh, captain take my hand, and lead me to the discoland, so I can do all the things I've been longing to do. Drive me, lead me, just you take good care of me. The music, is happy, I want everyone to be free and easy. Captain take my hand and lead me to the discoland, so I can do all the things I've been longing to do.

and sorry kayvan, but children of the night is my favourite trackof all time so I have to correct you

We are the children of the night
    and fight for the future of our nation
    Let's come together and unite
    Nothing's gonna stop us now.

Let the fire burn inside
    Nobody can stop this generation
    'cause we're the children of the night
    don't ever let 'em put you down

Get up...
    Get up...
    now is the time to change.

Get up...
    Get up...
    There is no time to waste.

Get up...
    Get up..
    Get up...
    Don't ever let 'em put you down.

Come along and join the scene
    Live your life like a rave machine!!!

3. BassInMyFace

BassInMyFace TRIBE Member

Well well well, my fellow Gin enthusiasts welcome one and all.

I remember the days before Gin and Tonic. There were the endless nights of swilling beer by the bucket or painful days of whiskey soaked shirts.

Then there was that fateful eve, several years ago now I cant remember the date. Me and some of my closest friends were gathered for a prestigious dinner event. We had been enjoying a few pre-dinner ales/spirits what have you when somthing caught my eye from across the room. Like a star going super nova the blue light screamed across the room at me. Where could such a clean shade of blue originate from? Surely this was from an off-world source?

Then I saw it.....time slowed and I was pulled towards it. A bottle of such intriguing shape and colour I knew I couldnt resist. Before I knew it I had made my way across the room and was face to face with The Bombay Sapphire.

But before I could open the bottle it was snatched away from me.
    "For Gods sake man!!!" my friend bellowed as he carefully took the bottle away. "You have no idea what you are dealing with!!!"

"No I must have it!" I pleaded, and it was for some time untill she let me hold the bottle again.

Over the months that followed she taught me the history of the Bombay and its many delicate ingredients. We learnt of ancient Lime Cutting techniques. Studied theory on Gin to Tonic ratios and various glass configurations. Only after these intense months of learning, was I prepared to take the first sip from the Gleaming Blue bottle that had filled my thoughts for what seemed like eternity.

Bombay Extends Life, Bombay Opens The Mind To The Forces Of Our Universe. Drink And Ye Shall See.

4. BassInMyFace

Footnote: My friend underwent a daring sex change operation somtime between snatching tha bottle away and giving it back to me. Thus explaining the he/she descrepencies. (.Ed)

5. joey

joey TRIBE Member

sorry bassface but we've switched this to a happy hardcore thread...

no gin allowed

6. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

yes. no ass alcohol. only raspberry vodka and hhc allowed in here :)

7. BassInMyFace

Thats ok. *Grabs Whistle and enters room of what appears to be hundreds of insane elves drowning in beads and soothers*
    :D

8. Sukebe Jiji

Sukebe Jiji TRIBE Promoter

WOW!! What a thread hijacking!! Congratulations to all of you!!! hahaha

Basic:

Yes! HOSS! It is indeed I...the man who carried you over the threshold at Hullabaloo! :)

I figured since you suck at e-mailing I had to get on the board to figure out what is up with your trip to nyc....

Sunkist:

Indeed...but do not reveal my hhc leanings to quickly...I must be sly, and cunning..like a fox...then when they least expect is POW! hhc lyrics :)

Joey:

A bbq with hhc??

and I guess now I have to write some lyrics to a hhc song...ummmmmm

YOU HOLD ME
    I FEEL YOU
    I WANT YOU ETERNALLY
    I NEED YOU
    DON"T LEAVE ME
    UNTIL THE SUN COMES UP

HERE I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    LET ME HEAR YOU SAYYYY
    HERE I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    AND HERE IS WHERE I'LL STAY

9. ThePlunger

ThePlunger TRIBE Member

Broken Down Golf Cart

1/2 oz. Vodka
    1/4 oz. Amaretto
    1/4 oz. Melon Liquer
    Splash Cranberry Juice

Shake with ice, and strain into Shooter glass (champagne flute looks best!)

Matt

10. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

^^^^ what kind of name is 'The Plunger'... please tell me you gave yourself that nickname...

i dont even want to think about how it could have been given to you... unngggghh
    :p

11. shiftah

shiftah TRIBE Member

whoever gave you your name mr. plunger,
    thank you for the recipie.

i'll make it at my apartment and pretend i'm on vacation.
    :cool:

12. Loopster

Loopster TRIBE Member

13. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

oh, so that's how it's made.
    After highschool two friends and i went up to rent a cottage in sauble beach. when we got there we decided to make our own Broken Down Golf Carts, but we didn't really know how. all we knew was that it was sweet and green and had vodka in it.

so we gave it a shot:
    half vodka
    half white rum
    lime juice
    (quantities are not present since we only had a small tumbler to make it in)

it was nasty mcgross. but we stuck to it throughout the night - i don't know how many we ended up having but we kept going until one of us stopped. i ended up 'winning' if that's what you want to call it.

this is probably why i'm not a bartender.

--craig

14. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

^^^
    yah craig that sounds lik a real 'sweet' combination...

I like GTs cause they glow in black light.

ANd speaking of the perfect ratio, I believe it is 1:1 gin:tonic.

This can be bumped if your using ice which will melt.
    Or if you're already drunk.
    Or if you are marching to a bolivian tune.

-jM
    A&D

15. ThePlunger

ThePlunger TRIBE Member

The original name given was "plunger", but they already had one of those on the Napster registration so i put the 'the', in there!

Now how I got the name, that is another story..........:D

Matt

16. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

Too potent for the mighty Jeffsus?

Are you an imposter?

17. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

mmmmm.... sounds good!
    I've never tried a non-turpentine flavoured vodka before.

I must try this drink.

18. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Don't get me wrong, I drank it....

It's just that aquavit is dangerous to drink while smoking.
    Coordinating my ashing and drinking kept me nervous. I didn't want to explode my face off.

-jM
    A&D

19. Sukebe Jiji

Those flavoured vodkas are defintely good...a nice way to add flare to old recipes :)

Say, does anyone enjoy good cream drinks here? About two years ago, under the advice of "The Dude" from the Big Labowski, I became a devotee of the White Russian/Caucasian...

Such a great drink..

But cream drinks are so easy to make and almost always taste so good!!

For example a Creamsicle is Triple Sec with Creme de Cacao...bit of cream..mix...and presto an alcoholic milkshake!

Jeffsus:

After reading your guide to smuggling gin I got to thinking...is it feasible to actually cordinate this smuggling effort amongst a group of people, each person carrying on their person a different type of alcohol? Do you know which alcohols carry the best? For example, would Triple Sec or Blue Curocao still maintain their taste after having been blanketed over my balls for such a stretch of time?

peter

20. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

smuggling alcohol now!? wtf? just go to a bar.

*shakes head*

p[l]a+0

21. Sukebe Jiji

Plato:

A little bit of "smuggling" drama can add that sense of excitement some bars lack...:)

and note these benefits at clubs - more alcohol for less and having drinks after 2 am

plus it just sounds like silly fun

22. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

crackheads :p

p[l]a+0