The Great Gin Debate and other alcohol related discussions...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Sukebe Jiji, Feb 24, 2002.

1. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

O.E.'s are like a $2 ho!

They get the job done!!!!!!very fast!!!!!!and very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

The new nastiest - best price for drunk beverage is this strong beer from south africa - Crest. It taste's absolutly nasty... but its 10% alcohol and comes in 500 ml cans for like 2 bucks :)

2 of these is the same as drinking a regular six pack and can be done in 10 mins with motivation. Great for pre-drinking. They're in purple cans.

10:30 complety sober. 10:40 nicely hammered :p

Also anyone ever bought the completely legal bacardi 151 (or 75.5% alcohol) pricey and tastes like lava but effective none the less.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2002
  3. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

oh and on the topic of Gin. That lemon gin is scrum dilly, one of the few drinks I can drink straight.

Also I heard a rumour that drinking Gin doesn't make you impotent as most alcohol does :) Any merit to this statement?

4. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Tanqueray. Absolutely hands down. I'm convinced that people drink Bombay because it is trendy, slightly more expensive and it's blue so chicks dig it. ;)

Le Kid

Happy Monday and YEAH CANADA!!! GOLD BABY, GOLD!

(bling, bling)

5. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Its all about the Bombay Sapphire. Thats my favourite alcohol of all time.

jeremy -gin aka pany remover- jive

6. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Quintessential is available at the LCBO, but it is pricey.
    It's name is a pun on the quintessence and the fact that it is distilled and filtered five times.

I find that tanq 10 and sapphire taste the same in that both have a slight tainted-gin flavour. The tanq 10 is more citrussy (than gin), as you mentioned, but only slightly, whereas the sapphire is (slightly) more anissy than regular gin. The anise can go skunky if the bottle is old, warm, or left open... this I ran into a couple times and didn't like. Of course, I drank it anyways.

Regarding smuggling:
    1. Acquire 1 box of large, heavy duty zip lock bags.
    2. Pour contents of mickey (or more) into one bag.
    3. Ensure bag can be pressed flattish -- ie. dont put too much into the ziplock
    4. Tightly seal the ziplock
    5. Put the gin ziplock inside another ziplock
    6. Into the second ziplock, cut verticle slits large enough to weave a belt through
    7. Put on pants
    8. Weave belt through pants and through zip lock bag
    9. Use forethought - execute step 6 so that the bag slits are concealed
    A. Hang gin bag inside pants infront of crotch like 2nd scrotum
    B. Once inside bar, order 2 gin and tonics as usual.
    C. Consume one of the drinks for good measure. Empty ice.
    D. At seated, inconspicuous area, discretely pretend to adjust testicles while removing gin bags.
    E. Pour contents of gin bag into emptied cup
    F. Use smuggled gin to (heavily) fortify consecutive gin and tonics
    10. Do not attempt to order tonic sans gin to save money.. it will arouse suspicion in the bartender

This method can save you hundreds of dollars per night. It is nearly impossible to detect the bag by frisking. If you -really- go overboard and put in a 750mL, the bouncer will probably feel it but honestly they think it is your penis and kinda immediately shuffle you in. If you were a chick they'd probably just think you're fat.

re: impotence
    In moderate quantities alcohol will improve the turgor pressure of your erection due to vasodilation. However a bit more and yeah it can be problematic. If you are referring to this type of acute impotence, I don't see how gin is any less debilitating than any other. Gin however (well, gin and tonic) is effective against malaria. In fact that's how gin and tonic came to be: tonic was medicine to prevent malaria (hence the name) and since it tasted so horrible the english decided to add gin to at least make it fun. Over time the amount of quinine has been reduced to taste. YAY. Quinine is also mildly psychoactive; malaria pills induce vivid dreams.

-jM
    A&D

-jM
    A&D

7. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

Sukebe Jiji is a horny old bastard that likes to drink windex :D

8. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Listen, I already apologized for buying cheap gin, and for not having any lime. Let it go!! ;)

9. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Speaking of TONIC ... does this beverage have any realistic use beyond mixing with gin? Or any other alcoholic beverage for that matter?

The reason I'm asking is because supermarkets seem to sell DIET TONIC water. They use aspartame instead of sugar. Why in god's name would anyone use a diet beverage for mixing with alcohol? The lack of sugar would certainly render the drink unpalatable.

Who buys this stuff, what do they use it for, and how much extra weight are you going to put on by switching to regular tonic?

Just curious.

10. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

You have excellent taste.
    mmm....Finlandia....

alphastate~

11. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

as my old boss used to say "i love tonic, it reminds me of gin"...i believe that is tonic's only purpose.

regarding the debate, i swear by the Bombay Saphire. i take it on the rocks, no micing involved. i don't really care to hide the taste of such a sublime beverage.

12. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

Has anyone here ever tried Aquavit? I grew up on the stuff, and every time I mention it, no one has ever heard of it.

You can get it at some liquor stores. The bottle has a white label that reads "Aalborg Akvavit". There are two types: Carraway and dill. Get carraway. Serve chilled. It goes very well with pickled herring.

Vaga hea jook (Eesti keel)

alphastate~

13. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

a lot of people drink Tonic by itself, kinda like Perrier. It;s actually not too bad and if you want something to drink that's not sweet it refreshing.

i reiterate again, vodka has no flavour. there really isn't anything to like about vodka other than what you mix with it. which can be basically anything liquid. it's amazing in that aspect, but other than that it's quite pointless.

--craig

14. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

^^^Then perhaps I like the taste of pure alcohol?

mmmmm......... CH3-CH2-OH

Last edited: Feb 25, 2002
  15. joey

joey TRIBE Member

^^ this from the guy that was drinking straight peppermint schnapps on the weekend

OE's are NOT $2 they are $4.25 thank you very much!

Peter I gotta get a new job before I plan any weekend getaways, but hopefully we can do it up soon...

i'll email or icq you soon

16. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

^ But its too much work to go all the way downstairs and make another hot chocolate. I was just getting straight to the point.
    Maybe next time we can make a giant hot chocolate instead of making a new one every time.

Thank you for the L.S.G. record.

17. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

i buy bombay sapphire when i buy gin. but sometimes i like ordering a tanqueray and tonic, because it gets me humming old ramones tunes.

but then, i'm a geek. :p

18. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

HOSS! Does your nickname mean "schoolgirls underwear" in japanese?

As far as Gin goes, Bombay Sapphire is the way to go. And beefeater is one step up from pine sol.

Tom Collins. Gin and Bar Lime. Gin and Tonic

19. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

nice! welcome...you are finally here!!! now you can hlep infiltrate tribe with the power of hhc with me and joey. :)

20. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Only if he plays Eyeopener for me;)

21. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

i'll sing it for you :)
    "open your eyes, see all the love in me...i got enough for-ever..don't be afraid, take all you need from me..we'll be soon together" :D

nice! commence infiltration.

22. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

"we are the children of the night, fight for our future, a foundation, let's get together and unite, nothing's gonna stop us now!"

23. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

it's working!!! KEEP SINGING!!!!!!
    "you, have a heart of gold, a precious jewel to which i was sold..but i just cant justify your love..it hurts to see you walk away and i'd like to ask you back to stay to hold you in my arms just one more time. another day has passed me by, shattered dreams, a distant cry, and the feeling that i lost my world to you. a thousand years here i could stand, your precious jewel held in my hand, but i just.can't.justify your looooove.."

24. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

My mighty norwegian friend always had Aquavit.
    It was... ahem... potent..
    Not sure if I'm a fan.

Speaking of not being a fan, I have also drank that Crest stuff. TrevOR's dad "bobbo" always brings it to the gypsies in waterloo's urban forests. There it is drank in mighty quantities.

How they stand the stuff? I don't know. I am guessing you need lots of weed first.

-jM
    A&D

25. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

"Like a shoooooting star..across the midnight skyyy"

Where's Joey? Joey less bbq'in and more singing!!

p.s. Joey we need to have a barbecue this summer