The Flu Shot... Dont Get It!!!!

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by Noodles0, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

No you came into the thread and characterized the argument as one of some substantive moral debate where each side is correct in their own right and when prodded for more information purposely remained elusive maintaining that 'your research' likens it to the abortion debate. Whereas in reality it's not a debate, it's common sense and science versus indefensible emotional idiocy and by equivocating that fact you are buying into the idiocy.

We know about the shots and availability, I think I even posted the availability schedule somewhere earlier in the thread.

And you might want to work on your own reading comprehension skills before attacking others.

2. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

3. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known Member

This thread ranks number one in lulz for Tribe. Well done, ey-body.

4. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

5. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

people were calling that into question like 3 or 4 posts after the video was dropped in here.

6. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

thread of the year?

7. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Interesting look at psychogenic conditions here:

The concept of what are now called psychogenic symptoms is a tricky one for various reasons. There is an unfortunate stigma attached to the notion that our brains can cause physical symptoms. Making the diagnosis is complex. Outcomes are variable and are hampered by the difficulty in communicating the diagnosis to patients. Psychogenic symptoms often mask underlying physiological disease. And the risks of both false positives and false negatives are high.

This complexity leads some to argue, in essence, that psychogenic symptoms do not exist at all – that the diagnosis is a cop out, a way to blame the patient for the failings of the physician. But this approach, ironically, is a cop out, because it seeks to white wash what is a real and complex disorder with an overly simplistic and moralistic approach.​
    rest @ link

8. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

9. Flashy_McFlash

10. derek

derek TRIBE Member

chicken little grew some balls!

lol..at the pooh cartoon.

11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

12. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

13. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

14. Flashy_McFlash

15. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

The new list of High-Risk groups able to get flu vaccinations ahead of the general public:

1. hospital CEOs and board members
    2. Olympic Torch bearers, Olympic planning officals
    3 federal, provincial, and municipal politicians
    4. NHL hockey players
    5. pregnant mothers
    6. children between six months to five-years-old
    7. people with chronic medical conditions under the age of 65
    8. caregivers of any of these groups and health-care workers

16. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

17. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i'm confused because i want to get the flu shot whenever it's available to me i'm panicking?
    because the news is generally always sensationalist they are also panicking?

i don't get it.

18. Flashy_McFlash

19. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

i don't get it either. none of the people who think the vaccine is medically sound are also posting about how we're all gonna die or anything. just that it's a good idea to get the vaccine when it's available to your demographic. seems reasonable.

20. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i also don't get that marmaduke cartoon...but i never got those.

to be fair, i did post some statistics regarding prior flu's, but i meant that to be more informational and a "why people/i am getting the shot" than panicked.

whatever. i'm panicking!!!! I WANT MY SHOT NOW?

21. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Right, but these people have Dystonia.

;)

22. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

become an olympic torch bearer

23. Flashy_McFlash

Oh I thought we were posting idiotic, non-funny comics that had nothing to do with anything. My bad.

24. starr

starr TRIBE Member

that sounds like too much work.

without flashy's posts i wouldn't even know where to go to get my shot (thanks flashy) and would probably be like asking all over the board since i'm too lazy to look things up sometimes. asking in a lazy, but panicked, fashion of course.

does the flu shot cure dystonia? because that would be awesome. two mangoes with one stone as my dad always says.

25. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

So... while there is definitely some degree of hype that's fueling this, given that we don't know how long the wave will last, that getting the flu either sucks immensely or causes death, and that young people and young adults are most at risk, people are still opposed to the shot because of the hype? Wow. I wish that worked on Scotiabank.