1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Dukes/ Deko-ze @ Tonic

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by orange richie, Mar 21, 2002.

1. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

Drove the Dukes to Tonic @ about 9:40pm and Derek and myself had to wait before the club actualy started letting people in. When they finally got their shit together, the guest list guy didn't even have the list we were on yet. So we left and went to ??? (don't remember) for a beer and conversation with some other friends waiting in line. At around 11:00 we made our way back and this time we got in. By the way, the guest list guy reminds me of Steven Segal :D and he's such an ass. Makes me feel like I shouldn't be going there or something everytime I encounter him. Maybe he is Mr. Segul :p .

Anyways, once inside I was happy to hear the Dukes working it good. The place didn't fill up till about 12 or so. All I did was grab a beer and sat on the couch the whole time I was there, I needed rest before dropping down a set with Derek at 89.5. So I basically chilled out, took in the sounds (the Dukes set up the night perfectly and few could resist shaking their asses!), and sights (lots of gorgeous women around me dancing). Just what I was looking for that night. Deko-ze as always never dissapoints and last night he pumped it out even harder than usual.

Tried to say hi to as many Tribers as possible without leaving my throne! :p but I'm sure I missed some of you. <--- way to tired to realize. Johane, thanks for breaking my ribs. ;) The bartender at the bar by the DJ booth made my night. :eek: WOW, along with the girl with a perfect ass that was dancing in front of my couch! <---It must be spring damn it! ~~~hormones~~~!

Left around 1 to go to the station and I must say well satisfied and pumped for our set which turned out pretty well considering how tired we were. Got to bed at 5am and woke up at 7 to go to work. Suprisingly I'm not doing too bad but it's not going to be a long day...

...women gettin' down to dirty, funky ass Techno a la Dukes style is SEXY. Even that bartender was gettin' her groove on...

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2002
  2. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

Last night was fun. It was my first time hearing The Dukes play and they did drop some slammin' techno. And, for the second week in a row, I got to meet some more Tribers. This week I met: Kumi (after all this time - what a sweetie), breakz_bitch (Jen right?) and hardtekfunk. It's funny, I've been there since August and havn't met one person from the board and in the last two weeks I've met quite a few.

Dekoze as usual played very well. Some good selections as he dropped the new Gaetek (Chapter 5) and an Oliver Lieb track that rocks. Overall, a good night.

April 3rd - SLAM!

vench

3. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

Me and Kate arrived at 11:45pm, just in time to witness the dukes of music coming up on the decks. Nice stuff! Hard techy and funky :)

When Brandon the b-day boi finally showed up and happy birthday hugz were administered, we felt that our mission at Tonic was fulfilled and rushed out to system to catch Aphrodite (Jungle) drop a wikkid set!

[​IMG]
    kf

[​IMG]
    @m

[​IMG]
    pr0n, MoFo, kate

[​IMG]
    kate, pyrovitae

4. Guest

Guest Guest

deko-ze ripped it. good times indeed.

although I drank too much last night and feel like shit today.

5. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

ahhahahhhaah Rick, you and your women are funny *grin*

wish I could have been there!!!

adios
    Laura

6. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

^^^Rick!?? who you calling Rick? My stepfather used to call me Rick even though I told him not to and he's an ass!... :)

Does that make you an ass too? ;)

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

7. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

i got myself just after 11:30 cause i did not think that guest list had the time restriction..lol

but it is all good. the dukes, i pay money to see the boys :)

well, i got to see some fine tribers already getting down with the boogies lol on the dance floor.

it made me truly happy to see those smiles..made me feel very happy and sad at the same time..i felt like crying to be honest, but i let my music soak into my body..

they played some good selections of tracks.. i especially liked some hard shite that would be good for bangin session if you know what i mean? ;) .. @m truly made me realize how much his mixings progressed..felt very proud of him like his mother..lol
    hehe and then seeing kf his shite was also a neat thing..made me go roarrrrr :) it is great to have all these people with unique identity..i love those of you who has the personal identity within them..so thanks guys!

then as soon as i was feeling the flow to dance forever..their set ended..and deco-ze came on the deck..
    he truly has the great mixing skills..he totally does. but i am sorry i am not into progressive...he had one or two tech-house sounding tracks..but that was the only time i felt the groove to dance to the sound.. but nevertheless, it was not like i was sitting the couch for the whole time, so i guess it was indeed a good thing :)

it was really nice to meet with all of you tribers who showed up.
    happy birthday, headwinds. you truly did not make any sense when you were talking with me..but i forgive you, cause you were cute trying to make some sense..lol
    it was nice to meet with j-Hi also.
    such a pretty girl. a girl with the vibe that releases such warmth!

it was also wicked to have met *jen* for the first time.
    oh wow. this girl is more than just hot..she is fun, fun-loving,, kind of had this sneaky vibe,,,and i loved it, girl..lol
    (oh my, letting my sexuality reveals online..hopefully i am not scaring her away..lol)

it was also wicked to have met kerouacdude there..it was such a surprise! and yes, i do understand what radiates mean..thanks for such a sweet compliment :)

and it made my day more so after finally meeting with vench :) it was nice talking to you! finally! lol so funny we only had talked online and via emails..lol you are one cool person indeed. keep in touch dude.

:)

the nite made me realized that toronto was an indeed interesting place for me to live..it is a place where i first time in my life made a decision for myself (to move), and gone through a lot of challenges and struggles and yet allowing me to grow by giving me the good motivating vibe to continue *moving*

i love you, toronto..and hope i can stay here till the rest of my departure (i may have to go to usa..who knows)

peace

-Kumi

Last edited: Mar 21, 2002
  8. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

that was fun.:) it was nice to see a lot of familiar faces...and kate was so cool! it was nice to make the connection, knowing that she knows/works with my roommate.

thanks again sahsa for guest-listing me, even though it turned out i didn't even need it.

kumi, i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you.

i was also very tired, didn't wanna stay long, and realized how much i sm0kin' weed @ a club is *not* a good idea for me...i become anti-social, weirded out and very distracted.

all in all though, it was a good nite.

*muah*
    ~N

9. headwinds

headwinds TRIBE Promoter

wow the legendary kumi in the house!!! unfortunately i vaguely remember this meeting which seems like a good thing. actually everthing became very vague after backtoback jagger shots thanks vinder! and whoever bought round1....either Stretch or Hooker threw a drink too! Its was great to finally meet dekoze again i wish i could have made more sense....you spun me right round! cheers also to the pre-party crew who claimed they enjoyed my tropical fruit slushes with vodka and rev. what a nite -- i wish i had more memories!!! :eek:

10. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

What's with the cheap drinks at Tonic? For a scrooge like me, as Martha Stewart says, "it's a good thing."

I hope Brandon had a fabulous birthday! I love you lots and you know how much I care about your happiness. Fucking cheesy shit, I know. :)

Very cool to see everyone out and about. The Dukes never disappoint. Kylie Minogue surprised me but woke some of us up I think who were feeling the mid-week blahs.

It was fun "oogling" @m from afar but next time, Lori and I are going to show him how much we really like him with a little help from the spirit of Tom Jones. No more needs to be said. ;)

I don't care what anyone says, reindeers are not a species. :rolleyes:

11. LP

LP New Member

*KUMI IS OFFICIALLY #1!!!* awwwwwwww...that's the nicest thing I've ever heard! :D Kumi, it was AMAZING meeting, I'm glad a got a chance to b4 u moved away! You are the cutest- (and shorter than me!:D), and such fun sweetheart!

Last night was kind of a weird night, showing up with ppl. that don't even party! saw lotsa ppl. out, I was drunk as per. usual! :) Sweet beatz, nicely done! DUKES- got kinda on the breakz side at the end eh?? haha...NICE! Deko-ze got me dancin' also!! This man can spin everything. So versatile, loved it.

met some new ppl.- wikkid as always :) sunkist, vench, bootybitz, galatic phantom, and kumi of course. And of course nice to see everyone else out, too many to name.

*jen*

12. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

OOOPSY!!! haha..that was me :D

*jen*

13. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Sorry I didn't make it out @m but I was busy watching the inside of my eyelids.

Good to hear it went well though!

14. SpazGirl

SpazGirl TRIBE Member

Damn! I couldn't stop dancing - Love that hard techno thanks to The Dukes. De-koze was awesome - not as much dance power by then, but kept going.
    I still want to meet more tribers - I never knew how many came out to this!

Feeling it in the morning though & i didn't even drink! But definitely worth it.

SpazGirl

15. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

OH MY GOD!!!
    i had nOOOOO freaking idea that it was YOU!!!!!
    woah.
    i thought "that girl looks very pretty! " lol
    but did not know it was you..
    :/

well, i really hope to share some words wtih you before i move!!!

-Kumi *crossing my fingers*

16. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Hello Again Adam!!

I'm so sad that I missed you playing at Tonic. For some reason I thought that it was next Wednesday. I was planning to check you boys out. Next time!! I will pm you later on.Bye Sweetie;)

Peace, Maxine