the current state of the board....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mr_Furious, Mar 4, 2002.

1. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

all i can say is "only two more months until attack of the clones" & all will be well with the world... :)

or perhaps we can all get down & boogey for sander k & co...

we're now into march, more daylight, a little warmer & spring is around the corner...patios, outdoor parties, bbqs, speedos...it's been a lousy winter...i'll take lots of snow anyday & clear blue january skies over dull rain & mist like we've had most of the winter...

jc

2. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

ppl.'s bitchiness also comes from sickness. :D

*jen*<----sick

3. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

i havent noticed any sort of bitching on the board as of late? paul okenfold died, but that was about it.
    and things couldnt be more perfect in my life right now...EVERYTHINGS COMIN' UP LORI!!!! :D

4. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

yay for you lori :) - I'm happy for you!!!
    I haven't noticed much either... generally I'm pretty nice.
    some people are idiots though - and it has to be said!

5. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

meh..

For some reason it hasn't really affected me that much. Sure I read all the shit (well, most of it) so I know whats going on, but really I'm impartial to it. As of lately I've been really laid back and just enjoying life in general so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm just here to have a good time, crack jokes, and add my thoughts to topics that intrest me.

also I really haven't found a use for this ignore function either.

Peace & love. D
    www.2ammusic.com

6. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

IT'S S.A.D!!!

Seasonal Affective Disorder

:p

7. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

I haven't noticed a change in the board either.
    :confused:

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I think some people use the board to feel cool,

My guess is that they lack(ed) coolness/attention in highschool now that they are still uncool they use the computer as a way to make themselves cool.

I've seen many people say things that they wouldn't day in the real world and put others down for petty reasons, thats just not right, this should never be done... people need to keep in mind acceptance doesn't come from acting cool it comes from being cool.. if you respect others you will eventually get what you desire and that is acceptance

now on the flipside there are some peopel that are jusrt plain assholes and/ or drama queens they will never change and you might just have to put them on your ignore list...

the important thing to remember is that everyone has a right to speak and have an opinion

now stop whinning,

Kyfe

9. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

I think there's way too many people on here who are just to anal and can't take a joke from time to time

stu

10. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Now that I'm out of the tribe collective ass, maybe you'll all not be so fucking uptight

[​IMG]

11. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

alexd's state of the board address - a transcript

THE EDITOR: Thank you very much. Mr. Speaker, members of TBK/TBC, distinguished guests, fellow citizens:

As we gather tonight, our message board is at war, our party scene is in recession, and the ravers of toronto face unprecedented dangers. Yet the state of our Tribe has never been stronger. (Applause.)

We last met in an hour of shock and suffering. In four short months, our message board has comforted the victims, begun to rebuild The General Forum, the Party Review Forum, rallied a great coalition, captured, arrested, and rid the world of thousands of internet trolls, destroyed Universal Metropolis’s terrorist training camps, and freed a bunch of newbie message boarders from brutal oppression. (Applause.)

The Tribe flag flies again over our headquarters in the Beaches. Terrorists who targetted our Board now occupy banned IP addresses. (Applause.) And terrorist leaders who urged followers to spam our Board are running from the wrath of their respective service providers. (Applause.)

Our second goal is to prevent regimes that sponsor terror from threatening Tribe or our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction. Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet recently, but we know their true nature.

EYE Magazine is a regime arming with stolen Tribe photos and weapons of mass destruction, while stealing Tribe’s target demographic.

System Sausagebar aggressively pursues Tribe’s membership, while they continue to repress the party people's hope for a more female-based clientele.

Max Graham continues to flaunt its hostility toward Tribe and to support terror. The Graham regime has plotted to develop an anti-Tribe regime for over a decade.

People like these, and their allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace, love, unity and respect of this community. By seeking weapons of misinformation and slander, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger.

We will be deliberate, yet time is not on our side. I will not wait on events, while dangers gather. I will not stand by, as peril draws closer and closer. Our war on terror is well begun, but it is only begun. This campaign may not be finished on our watch -- yet it must be and it will be waged on our watch.

We cannot stop short. If we stop now -- leaving terror camps intact and terror states unchecked -- our sense of security would be false and temporary. History has called Tribe and our allies to action, and it is both our responsibility and our privilege to fight freedom's fight. (Applause.)

Our first priority must always be the security of the TBK/TBC, and that will be reflected in the budget I send to my accountant. My budget supports three great goals for Tribe: We will win this war; we will protect our Message Board; and we will revive our community.

Members, you and I will work together in the months ahead on other issues: interesting new thread topics -- (applause) – less hostility and name-calling -- (applause) – no more silly photoshop pictures -- (applause) -- and ways to encourage the good posters of yesteryear to come back to the fold. (Applause.) I ask you to join me on these important issues in the same spirit of cooperation that made this community so great.

During these last few months, I have been humbled and privileged to see the true character of the TBK/TBC in a time of testing. Our enemies believed Tribe was weak and materialistic, that we would splinter in fear and selfishness. They were as wrong as they are evil. (Applause.)

The Tribe boarders have responded magnificently, with courage and compassion, strength and resolve. As I have met the heroes, hugged the families, and looked into the tired faces of Message Board vigilantes, I have stood in awe of this community.

For too long our culture has said, "If it feels good, do it." Now Tribe is embracing a new ethic and a new creed. We want to be a Message Board that serves goals larger than itself. We have been offered a unique opportunity, and we must not let this moment pass. (Applause.)

Steadfast in our purpose, we now press on. We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power. And in this great conflict, my fellow Tribers, we will see freedom's victory.

Thank you all. May God bless. (Applause.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2002
  12. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

i can't believe you typed all that out! :)

13. Klubmasta Will

*waiting for a friend to finish working ... the things a guy'll do when he's bored ...*

14. Klubmasta Will

yes, it took hours playing the videotape, pausing it, madly typing from memory, rewinding the tape to catch missed lines, and then repeating, repeating, repeating ...

15. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

Will, you have this way of making me laugh like no other. I truely respect your sense of humor!

16. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

hmm..i dont find your patronizing humorous ;)

17. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Re: alexd's state of the board address - a transcript

Yeah, just get rid of the very things that define tribe.

That'll work.

18. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Personally, I think the lack of MelePantsiness is the culprit.
    I know you all miss it. :p

Ming.

19. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

This thread needs a rave caption.

[​IMG]

Psyklone

20. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

This should be called "the current state of the board thread # 2A3F5"

It's called cycles. Inevitable cycles.

21. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

oh be quiet professor messageboard.

do you remember when i called you that in the bros before hos thread, then a few months later you knocked my drink out of my hand at system? i bet it was for revenge wasn't it? :p

22. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Oh JIB, I so remember that. jokes. (on a side not that bros b4 hos thread was one of the craziest ever on Tribe)

We must hang out again soon. :)

Can you feel the love Tribe??

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

indeed on all accounts. we all need to be chillin at KiFecho's new digs :D

24. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

KiFecho. lol. mcbasic? ;)

25. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

jibpalmela? oh i've said to much
    and we have hijacked this thread...how apropos