the current state of the board....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mr_Furious, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I'm sure we can all agree that there's been a lot of hostility around here. I think *all of us* no matter how un-involved, are contributing to it. There are the people who come on here to voice their opinions about how much this board sucks with its *elitist* clique and inside jokes, when clearly.....if you hate it so much, why do you log on?

There are the people who choose to stay anonymous and just log on to make a few derogatory comments here and there, and thats fine...but if you're going to come on here with malicious intent, I think you should be warned that people are not simply just going to sit around and take it. If you can't take it...then don't dish it. Don't hide behind an internet persona trying to fill an empty self-esteem.

Then there are the third party people. The ones that just watch everything unfold and put in their two cents at what they feel is the appropriate time. In essense....these people are just bitching about other people bitching which obviously leads to more bitching. In the end what's left? A lot of resentment.

So in conclusion....i'd just like to say that maybe we should *ALL* relax. I'm not trying to dictate anything here, but since i've been on tribe i've tried to treat other people fairly as I would want them to treat me. More or less, people are free to come on here and say whatever they want....that's the beauty of the internet. The internet has given everyone a voice, if you use that voice to make derogatory remarks to complete strangers, then you better expect you're gonna get the same thing back. If you feel that you need to stick up for someone, then you better believe that someone isn't going to agree with you're sticking up for that person. In any given situation there are only a limited number of ways to deal with it. Night cannot exist without day, good cannot exist without evil. I think we should all just sit back, look at the big picture....and try to relax.

P.S. this message wasn't directed to anyone specifically

P.P.S. I think some of us need to differentiate the board from reality....

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Its February/March seasonal grumpiness I think. Also there seems to be a lot of relationship breakups happening as well as mouse infestations.

3. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

DENYIED

stu

4. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

shut the hell up :D

hey will good to see you on friday...i have to email you about something going on this weekend...

jc

5. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

there are no rules to how u can act on a board. ppl. are going to do whatever they want. regardless of ur thread.

*jen*

6. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

I have been contributing to this in an offline manner but I have my reasons. A few people have brought it on themselves.

Bumbaclat

7. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

if ya can't stand the bitchin',
    get out of the kitchen.

whut's a denyied?

--craig

8. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I just want people to like me. Is whoreshiping and giving me all your money and attention too much to ask??

P.s. If you want to act like your 15 This site is where to go

9. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

isn't that what I just said?

10. Wunderbar

Wunderbar Well-Known Member

whoa. No need to get hostile.

11. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

haha! thanx! I am so sorry. I wasn't jumping down ur throat, i was just stating a fact. easy tiger. I didnt see in ur rules that we were not allowed to mistakenly state something that has already been said. :rolleyes:

*jen*

12. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Easy there killer. No need to get your panties in a knot. Maybe we should just chill and give hugs.

jeremy -the joke goes on- jive

13. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

don't mean to contribute to this violence but...

[​IMG]

14. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

who's getting hostile :p

forget about the training...when do we get the freakin guns?!?!

15. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

*weeps softly*

I know what it is... I haven't had much time to bake lately...
    No muffins, no cookies... Nuthin'

You are all grumpy because you are hungry...

*sobs uncontrolably*

I'm SOOO sorry!! I can change!!!

Joanna [​IMG]

16. da MiGHTy pLUm!

da MiGHTy pLUm! TRIBE Member

17. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Re: *weeps softly*

Hey why don't you jack it down a little there scary jo! Just put the cookies down and back away from the computer. Everything is going to be ok.

jeremy -there's no drama around here- jive

18. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Too cute! :) I agree with Alex its just a case of the post winter bitchy blues, it seems like everyone is have issues, drama and is super cranky and emotional lately plus it was a full moon week it tends to bring out lunacy in people. I'm sure very soon we will all be back to our cheery, fun, and great selves (well most of us, I can't account for everyone) :)

19. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

here's some muffin films for you to enjoy:
    http://www.muffinfilms.com/

--craig

20. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

The incorrect spelling of denied

stu

21. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

will, this board is as much a part of reality as anything else in the universe, although perhaps some people give it to much importance. ;)

personally, despite what may be percieved as an unseasonably high level of drama on the board, i find that i have better and more meaningful 'real-life' friendships with some tribers than ever before (you know how you are). :D

on the other hand, because i like to be a jackass sometimes, i will take this oppourtunity to apologize and send loving vibes to all.* :)

*except for that shifty bastard posTMOd, god knows that nobody will forgive him for what he's done. :p

22. joey

joey TRIBE Member

wow, tribe did make me smile today ;)

23. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Shut up!!!;)

my 2cents!!

shawn<---always the jackass!

24. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

an ever present ebb and flow, persistent as the tides exists here.

sorry, that was my attempt at being poetic.;)

will, i used to post such sentiments. but message boards are cyclical; they change, progress, revert back to the way they once were, change again...it's really a never ending process. whatever. i personally have had much more *fun* with the internet once i stopped taking it seriously.

anything negative/argumentative that i may say on tribe is not a personal vandetta against anyone that i would take away into the "real" world. i would hope that contrarily the same is also true.

commentary. dEbate. words. ambiguous user names. sentences. paragraphs. afdlkjewfjowijrewioejr

and if you think those of us on this here message board have dem psyche-lowdge-ical problems, imagine the hundreds if not thousands of lurkers who for some strange reason feel compelled to check out the melodrama on a daily basis.

now *they* must be fucked up.;)

*muah*
    ~N

25. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Yes, Yes I am!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2002