1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Cat Thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by finary, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

I WILL be her playmate!!

She's a good fighter! She left me battle scars last time I played wif her!
  2. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

a couple pics of butters that have been posted elsewhere on the board but i'll post again :)

caught in the act :)

3. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

post the laundry basket ones!!!
  4. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

^^^ *gushing*

maow maow maow

SOOOOOOOO cute!
  5. Rude1_247

Rude1_247 TRIBE Member

6. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

7. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

8. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

for soft things
  9. Rude1_247

Rude1_247 TRIBE Member

I'll let it slide this time.

Cute cat, Malglo.
  10. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

butters says hi :)
  11. zorak

zorak TRIBE Member

is it true that persian cats are like 600 bucks? can't you get a cheap one at the pound?

curse those regal little fellows.

i really want one but can't really rationalize laying down that much scrilla for a cat.

woe is me. :(
  12. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

butters rocks.................actually looks a lot like my cat(Mozart) when he was a kitten........

I had one of the pics of butters up as my desktop for a week...........
  13. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

My cats sell for $1,000 a piece. They are worth EVERY penny.
    Not only are you paying for the 'breed', but you are also paying for the bloodlines and temperments. Getting a cat from a good breeder ensures that you'll have a happy, healthy, strong and affectionate new family member for the next 15-20 years.

$600 sounds like a pretty good deal as it is. If you really want a certain type.. save up for it. People spend more money on material things that last a mere 3-6 years!
  14. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

if you look around enuff, you can always get the breed you want @ the humane society

i have a friend that has 3 japn bobtail cats that are worth like $2g's each and he got them all from the animal shelter
  15. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

you had a pic of butters up? hehe wikkid....

hey kev... butters was a few bucks cheaper than your cats but i love her anyways!!
  16. nate

nate TRIBE Member

heres story for ya:

so we had a cat for a couple yrs, indoor, cute, and we let him roam around the front yard. so one night he decides to wonder, or got picked up by someone thinking he was out or whatever. so the search starts, then intensifies, we put up posters, call every agency there is, go to shelters, no sign of 'big p'(big pussy!).....so now a couple months pass, we miss the life in the house, decide, ok, it's been long enough, no positive signs, so we head to the shelter to adopt two this time, so they have friends.

so, two new cats, not quit the same as before, but they are younger, more active, very fun.

so, three weeks now, the new cats are comfortable, i hear some noise outside my window at 7 in the morning, some lady....i walk downstairs, ignore the fact she is right at my door, then she comes to the window....points down...and there is my cat.

i open the door, she says it adopted her, meowed at her, whatever, i am almost mad saying how long has she had him...only 3 days she says. so, my cat was alone, outside for over two months, like WTF, where do cats go. he was skinny and tired and rather annoyed that we had replaced him.

so, now we have three cats....he is slowly coming around, but is the big dawg in the house while the others, both female just wishing he still had his balls......

all in all who knows, but i have three furry friends instead of one, and a feline soap opera every night at my house......but really, where do these cats wonder to.....

my story....

17. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

i'm not saying there is anything wrong with free cats ... all the cats ive had my whole life until these two were free and they were great! these just happen to be the best :p if you're looking for a breed-specific cat... i say breeders are the best route to take.
    if you just want a cute cuddily feline... definitely go to the humane society.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  18. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

pussy elitist
  19. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

20. zorak

zorak TRIBE Member

yeah i see what you're saying finary...thanks for the info.

it'd be cool to have a hilarious persian cat around....but i may have to let go of this desire for now (until i start making some more money). they're just so awesome and hilarious looking :(

look at this silly little guy

and this cat is apparently called betty hahaha

ah well, all in good time my pretties.
  21. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

hahaha.. persians are so cute

i actually saved up for my cats for about 2 years before I got them. I ended up getting both for $1350 (can you believe Seven was FREE?! had to pay $350 for his vet bills thats it)

It's a pretty important decision to make (getting a cat), so taking your time is definitely not a bad idea.

I see so many people that get a cat because it seems like a good idea at the time... then they neglect it or travel around all the time and dont have time for it and it becomes a burden for them. f that.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  22. zorak

zorak TRIBE Member

i agree 100%. pet neglecters are total pooheads.
  23. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

oh snap!
  24. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

i'm taking butters.
  25. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

Grem used to chill all the time on top of the door when there was a way to get up there.