The Best Way to Commit Suicide

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 23, 2002.

1. graham

graham Well-Known Member

you wouldn't by any chance happen to work downtown, and enjoy a few drinks after work, would you? [​IMG]

2. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

ha ha....as long as it's just a few. None of this *just one drink* business. [​IMG]

3. graham

graham Well-Known Member

You must be a Libra, I can feel the balance from here! I think we'll get along just fine, drinks next week? I'll email. [​IMG]

4. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

obviously neither of you have any guilt assosiated with the act... so who gives a fuck.. pass off anyone who gets pissed off as a "self-righteous" basketcase... and pat each other on the back for doing it..

and I'm self righteous?!

the topic of suicide doesnt bother me, but i have seen the effects on those who do have guilt... REAL PAIN.. not high school shit people pass off as 'real life experiences' to impress their friends..

and no, humour does not help.. nor does it help those who were actually affected by the WTC.. it only helps the uninvolved pass it off as yesterdays news..

your both full of shit on this, try to figure out if its Will, or this thread you'r trying to defend..

because right now it looks like the thread to me..

go find some WTC victims and tell them to have a sense of humour about the subject..

maybe that will put things into perspective for you..

v..abstractdatatype

ps. blow me

5. graham

graham Well-Known Member

ok, so in summary we're guiltless hypocrites and we've never had any "real life" experience with pain and we're tasteless and full of shit and we have questionable motives and we lack perspective and we can blow you.

you see, that was funny, you're learning!

6. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

I don't find the contents of this thread particularly funny, well except roo's post..
    Regardless, you do have a right to feel how you want about your experience. You do have a right to feel angry with this thread.
    But what do you hope to accomplish by imposing this anger on others. Especially one who has already ceded an apology. There isnt much more he can do now,
    If it's a credibility issue, i've dealt with it twice in the past year. It still invokes the worst fears in me, however, I try to leave those feelings with me rather than porting it to anger against people who made an uncooth off-the-cuff statement.

Relating your disquiet with the thread is fine, but no need to attack people, it wont make anything better.

7. Libradragon

obviously? riiiight. My friend came to see me the night before he committed suicide. Don't talk to me about not feeling guilty.

Again, don't be so quick to assume that others didn't go through what you went through.

impress their friends??? is that what you think it was.

man, i had a long response to this, but since you're not willing to have a discussion about this like adults, i won't waste another minute on you.

i'm amazed at your maturity. you're all grown up now.

8. roo

roo Well-Known Member

i feel like saying...

if someone like, oh, say.. PEST had posted this...
    every one of you would be jumping down his back. except maybe kodos.

worms.

9. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

I remember that thread. After reading it I was mad enough to send alexd an email requesting he delete my account...but he said that I was too valuable to the board and offered me a Lexus, a share of a still performing tech-fund, and an orignal pressing of "Love is You" by Carol Williams to stay.

I'd like to say I "chose" not to let it bother me, but the fact is it really pissed me off at the time, so I can see where ADT and others are coming from in this thread.

maybe people should just lay off

10. Guest

Guest Guest

It's funny because it's true......

11. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

This thread reminds me of a skit that a friend of mine did in Grade 9 theatre class. Our task was to go way and research a major issue that effects teen-life and come back and write and perform a small sililoque (one man play) centered around the subject. I chose physical abuse, my friend chose suicide.

Now my friend approached his as a teenage boy contemplating suicide, the reasoning running through his head and the way he would do it. By all intentions my friend intended his play to be a very serious piece on a very serious subject matter. But at one point in the play, the kid very distraught couldn't make up his mind on how he would do it. Running all sorts of ideas through his head, each being ruled out because of how it might fail. The result was actually very very funny. My friend had no intent to portray it in a comical light but he did. And he was marked by the teacher as a genius.

I think it goes to show that there can be humour in a situation despite the very serious implications, and in some ways it's not disrespectful to see the humour and laugh out loud.

12. graham

graham Well-Known Member

of course it's true. Pest has never been anything but an asshole, even if his points have merit. Because he's offensive every time he expresses himself, no one cares what he has to say and he gets the treatment. Will, by contrast, is usually courteous and unoffensive, such that when he posts something questionable, the reaction is to wonder what's up, and give him some benefit of the doubt. In this case it was appropriate, as he didn't intend to upset anyone, and made that clear by way of apology. I don't owe Will anything, nor do I care very much, but that's the explanation.

13. roo

roo Well-Known Member

it does too.. not everyone is like you, silly.
    and, no.

14. Libradragon

mr. tall, i bow to you. (well on second thought, maybe not. I'm short enough as it is.)

15. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

suicide is a very heavy subject. few of us have not been affected by it, either the contemplation of our own, or that of someone we were close with or knew.

like any heavy subject, people deal with it differently, some would seriously prefer to not talk about it. although i feel i have dealt with my own issues regarding suicide, i cannot laugh at the subject nor tolerate jokes about it. that's me. i don't think that means i'm weak, i know i'm not, but that's part of how i cherish the memory of the person i lost. because i will never laugh at the fact that my friend Rory, who was 5 years older than me, who used to babysit for me, who used to be the person who i thought was the coolest in the world, choose to jump out of window and end his life.

so maybe you've moved on, maybe you cried it out or thought it out or talked it out and got over it. that doesn't mean that everybody has, and it certainly doesn't mean that everybody can. despite the fact that ADT was fairly rude in his posts, i think you (libra and mr. tall) have to recognize that it is because he hasn't gotten over whoever it was that he lost. and, that being the case, you, as people who have dealt with the same shit, should be more understanding and compassionate. and perhaps a little less defensive of an admittedly bone headed but forgiveable mistake by an otherwise good person (meaning will).

peace,
    -ross

16. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

naomi you may just be the perfect height for him [​IMG]

17. graham

graham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Libradragon

rosey, the minute ADT started attacking me and belittling *my* experiences with suicide, after i've tried to speak my mind in a diplomatic manner, it's rather hard to show *compassion*.

i understand that people deal with things differently. that's all i was trying to say.

i tried to reason out with him, he didn't grant me the same treatment.

we don't have to like each other, but we can reason out like adults.

19. graham

graham Well-Known Member

I don't buy it Ross, I think he's just an asshole letting off steam at a target.

20. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

ah i dunno.. but yeah, pest would probably be too amusing on the defense for me to want to join the slaughter.

but really, its perspective and relativity. will has demonstrated his tolerance on numerous occasions... he's shown he's got a reasonable head as long as it doesn't involve newspapers and evil software corporations and large amounts of money [​IMG] jokes..

ah yes, worms... lets open a fresh can by flying some ADT into the WTC!

21. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

or maybe just fly some planes into ADT and leave the WTC out of this!

22. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i'm far from the epitomy of forgiveness and understanding, but if someone who is dealing with a suiced wants to call me a stupid ass fucker or whatever, i'll try to turn the other cheek. on the other hand, he should respect your history as well. *sigh*

this really isn't something that we should be fighting over or around.

peace,
    -rosey

23. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Wow Libradragon, I have seen some hypocrasy in my time, but hypocrasy and double standards in the same post.. that something special..

I apologize, I didnt mean to offend, it was just a joke.. you know suicide is the toast of the town in high class humour these days.. Ill remember to get Will to make the classless remarks about suicide next time, Im sure it will be fine with both you and Mr. Tall.

If it bothers you just remember not to be so emotional about the subject.. you probally only got offended because you wanted to..

v..abstractdatatype