The Best Way to Commit Suicide

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

Once you recognize your own mortality, and whether you seek to "define life" or not (whatever the hell that means [​IMG]), you must decide whether it is worth living. It's unavoidable.

Did you wake up this morning and get out of bed, brush your teeth and start your day? Then in some small way, either by subconscious thought or by rote, you dealt with the fundamental philosphical question.

2. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

jabbing your toothbrush down your throat and choking on it.. now THERE is a way to go!

3. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

sometimes the funny, sometimes not

4. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

nah, i'm sitting in my pajamas *contemplating* starting my day. [​IMG] this thought process may take hours of deliberation before reaching any definitive conclusionz...

i dunno, i've always been fond of theories such as cartesian egocentric approach and solipsism, whereby it's my *obligation* to continue living. geez, i can't be responsible for having the world stop now can i? [​IMG]

good point. *golf clap*. marry me?

*muah*
    ~N

"cogito ergo sum"~descartes

5. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

The effects of suicide have nothing to do with the acting party, they have everything to do with the people left behind.

I have seen the effects of suicide first hand, twice, and you obviously DONT KNOW SHIT about this subject so stop pretending like you do, Will. Just because you read some crap on the net doesnt make you and expert, or give you the right to bring up such a painful topic so casually.

The people left behind have shattered lives, and unimaginable guilt to deal with forever.

They are permanantly fucked.

I know that people on this board have lost friends to suicide (anyone recall the girl who dropped 20 e's at turbo a while back?).

And I know that YOU know that, Will, just from the amount of tribe boarders there are, and common sense; even if you dont know about that specific event.

Alex, please close this shitty thread before someones day/week is ruined.

v..abstractdatatype

6. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

How can I resist a proposal from someone sitting around in their pajamas at one in the afternoon?

I'll send out the invitations....manana [​IMG]

p.s. Descartes was derivative of this guy:

"si enim fallor, sum" (for if [I am] mistaken, I am) - St. Augustine

7. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

^^^for Pyrovitae

8. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

exactly. thank you. i'm sorry but this is a topic that i can find no humour in. at all. ever.

9. graham

graham Well-Known Member

I don't find the subject matter funny either, but a dark sense humour is something that everyone has. Will is usually the most level-headed contributor to the various drama sessions on this board, but this time he said something that bothers a few people, and I suspect it's mostly because they feel like being bothered. Ruin someone's day/week? You must be joking. Get over this, and yourselves. He wasn't trying to offend anyone, and made the proper apologies once he realized he had.

10. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

Will apologized. I don't know what else you want him to say.

11. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

sorry, that wasn't intended for Mr. Tall.

12. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

If the Patriots don't win this weekend, I may have to commit suicide. I;ll be in the hole way too much!
    Peace,
    Jimi James

13. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

listen to bean pole!

someone i know killed themselves just a week and a bit ago. i've battled depression for most of my life. i've known oodles of down & out people that have tried to take their own life with a variety of methods from jumping to pills to hanging to bleeding...

so? big deal. i'm perfectly qualified to be among the screaming hordes that rage against this topic but why bother? you should have the power to detach, to look at things with another perspective, to roll concepts and words over the porous surface of your mind... stop reacting like an automated personality construct.

14. graham

graham Well-Known Member

I'm not polish, I'm dutch. And if I had to go, it would be death by boomba.

15. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

but a "bean dutchie" just sounds like something you'd find on tim horton's cutting room floor

16. graham

graham Well-Known Member

or a really bad surprise when the covers are pulled over your head

17. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

Skirting around the suicide issue, ignoring it, pretending it doesn't exist, is exactly why many end up doing it.........

[​IMG]d

18. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Again, you also have obviously not seen the effects of suicide first hand. How can you be so fucking arrogant?!

People who have lost loved ones to suicide do their best EVERY DAY to keep it out of their minds, and it is a struggle. Even decades later just the mention of the topic will fuck them up for a few hours at least.

The last thing they need is some assholes on the internet reminding them about it.

v..abstractdatatype

19. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

well said, mr. tall. you're a libra, aren't you? [​IMG]

p.s. all the jokes about the WTC attacks that I've read on this board (e.g. why don't you go fly a plane into the WTC? response to someone's Things to Do in NYC thread almost made me puke. I suffered a loss of a family member in the tragedy. But i realized that as tasteless as the joke was, it was not meant to harm. I don't even remember who posted it. I chose not to let it bother me.

Live and Learn.

20. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

what kind of thread is this?

vench <---mystified at the thread.....

21. Libradragon

i have.

a close friend of mine committed suicide in high school by hanging himself in his garage, his sister found him around dinner time. Don't assume that everyone handles the aftereffects of suicide the same way you do. Don't tell me that just because i'm reacting this way it means I don't know what i'm talking about.

Not everybody tries to keep it out of their minds. Some of us, although hurt and confused, learned to cherish our memories with the person we've lost. Instead of struggling to keep it out of our minds.

So everytime you see the word or hear about suicide (be it on the net, on tv, whatever), is this how you react?

22. graham

graham Well-Known Member

23. graham

graham Well-Known Member

October 6 [​IMG]

24. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

sounds like an intensely bad mushroom trip that i took last year around this time. i was reeling for days afterward trying to come to grips with it. i knew it was going to go badly when i was 'visited' by 'laughing insectoid entities' who were going to 'teach me a lesson'. later on i was convinced that i had died, and that the bar we (my friends and i; only me tripping) were in was indeed some part of the afterlife.

for some reason, i'm still driven to trip harder. [​IMG]

i desperately want to make a bad joke about the vitality of this thread, but people seem touchy, so i'll just hint at it lamely.

25. Libradragon

whoa.

mr. tall - i think it's time we met. [​IMG]