The Best Way to Commit Suicide

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

really? did it completely not occur to you that people who have lost someone who was very important to them to suicide would be really hurt by this thread? did that fly completely by your dead-inside lawyer head? seriously will, there is no excuse for this thread, at all.

as for your innane attempt to tie a relationship between abusive posting and suicide, that's unbelievably screwed up. i suppose, theoretically, that somebody could be so wrong in the head that they come here, start a fight with someone, fail to recieve a 'it's okay we love and forgive you response' and therefore sink further into the emotional hole that they are in. personally, i would suppose that if i could involve a suicidal person in an arguement, they would be less likely to kill themselves, simply because there is something in their life.

however, this board is full of good people. when i came to here, to this board where i knew no-one, it was because i was depressed and had to talk it out. i opened up about how upset and depressed i was (post rhythym of life) and was greated by accepting and understanding strangers. talking to the people i met on and through this board was what enabled me to move past that terrible night.

will, i understand that you may jsut be trying to provoke some thought and discussion, but this wasn't worth it. not for me. not for a lot of people.

2. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

interesting replies.

TO THOSE THAT WERE GENUINELY OFFENDED BY THIS TOPIC - again, i apologize. it did not strike me as offensive because the *fake suicide recipes* were so absurd. it seems that certain topics are so touchy that some will never accept them as acceptable ground for humour.

TO THOSE OF YOU THAT PARTICIPATED IN THIS THREAD'S ORIGINAL PURPOSE OR THAT APPRECIATED THE HUMOUR (TASTELESS AS IT MAY HAVE BEEN) - thanks. but it would seem that you are all sick and disturbed and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. at the very least, you should all go elsewhere to satisfy your cravings for tasteless humour.

places like theonion.com or modernhumorist.com

or THE SUICIDE PAGES

^^^ the posts at the beginning of this thread all came from 'the suicide pages'. it is one of the most interesting message boards i have ever come across. it contains tasteless humour, fake suicide recipes (some of which i found to be hilarious - but then again, i am obviously "twisted" and "disturbed"), death threats, some actual suicide letters (which are chilling beyond belief), and a whole wack of angry hate mail. (click on the links at the top to see the posts grouped in different categories.)

please do NOT visit the suicide pages if you are only going to tell me how sick i am for finding it interesting. this is your advance warning that the material is offensive as hell.

i personally found the site intriguing because, tasteless humour aside, i enjoy seeing the writing of people who think very differently than i do.

3. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

rosey, Will has apologized. It's VERY possible that Will made an error in judgement, posted something he thought was *funny* and now regrets it. No need for this *dead-inside* business. As soon as I saw the thread, I called Will up and asked him why he did that. As his friend, I know for a fact that Will is one of the most caring, loving, thoughtful person I have ever met. His heart is pure gold, or else he wouldn't be one of my best friends.

People make mistakes.

that's very good of you to think that. In MY experiences, you never know exactly WHO is suicidal and who isn't. Most of the time it's the ones you DON'T suspect that end up taking their own lives. It's inevitable that all of us might say something that others may find offensive, since we truly have no way of knowing what goes on in peoples' minds and lives. There's been instances where I've found some posts truly astonishing and offensive to me, but since the poster has no real way of knowing WHY it offends me, I would merely state my opinion - but won't be too quick to rule that person out of the *good books*.

In any case, what I'm trying to say in this post is that: the best lessons we learn are through trial and error.

4. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i know. [​IMG]

5. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

Well this thread certainly turned to shit faster than a breakfast burrito from Taco Bell...

It's unfortunate because some people obviously have strong feelings and intelligent things to say on the subject, but the primary content is just lazy and uninspired thinking (also decidedly unfunny), and I find that more offensive than the taboo it flirts with.

Why do people insist that suicide is always irrational? Is it really irrational? Is it even always illogical? To get right to the heart of the heart of the matter you need to relinquish ego and personal concerns... admittedly hard to do if you have lost somebody close to suicide or genuinely wanted to arrange for your permanent departure from the scene.

Suicide is the ONLY true philosophical problem, if you are talking about something else you are merely jerking off on the sidelines; it is the only inviolable right that every man and woman has, the only absolute means of conquering your environment. In short, it is the only true freedom. (Ideas cribbed and paraphrased from Camus, Schopenhauer, Kant, Thomas Bernhard, Dostevesky and others).

The shame here is that, judging from the experiences of some of the people who posted in here, a serious discussion on suicide might have yielded a truly interesting dialectic and some worthy insight.

6. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

here is a question??

in the movie pump up the volume, christian slaters character is blamed in pushing another student to commit suicide...

now, if someone came onto a message board and perhaps was constantly berated, made fun of on the board, could or would the message board be partly to blame for causing this person to commit suicide?? (not the clearest example, but i hope you see where i am going with this...)...

some thoughts any opinions???

jc

7. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

deep.. thanx for articulating what some of us were thinking..

I'm glad you guys can laugh at such things.. but I can't.

8. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

One of best friends had attempted suicide 3 times. One of the times I found out about this I was in the middle of "partying" and was in a bit of a bad mood already and quite drunk. I could'nt get to the hospital that he was in because it was far away and I had no ride. Unfortunatly I ended up drinking myself beyond drunk and got severe alcohol poisoning.

I have probablly thought about commiting suicide over 100 times, when things get rough its one of the stupid answers the mind comes up with. I am person that is easily depressed, and have been the last few days. This thread actual helped me....thanks Will. NOT EVERYTHING WORKS FOR EVERYBODY!!! Some of you people need to relax!!

9. graham

graham Well-Known Member

whatever. points to Will for being a normal person.

10. graham

graham Well-Known Member

although it did seem so out of character with your nice-guy image that I initially wondered if you'd been drinking.

11. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with you guys laughing about it.

but I really wish everyone could find it funny.

12. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

disagreed. suicide is not the ONLY true philosophical problem, the concept of mortality and definition of "life" is.

although i apprciated the reference to shopenhauer. [​IMG] i've been reading a lot of his concepts of objective will lately...

how everything is driven by this unreasonable, unconcious force within which drives our meaningless struggle for existence. how we construct our reality on the basis of this will, and ultimately nothing matters because everything ends in delusion and death regardless. i could go on but i won't....he was a
    total pessimist, even bigger chauvanist. hated hegel. influenced kant. shopenhauer's cool.

oscar wilde also believed that suicide was the final act of liberation from suffering, that it was the ultimate act of control over one's own life to choose when to end it. just thought i'd add him to your list of authours.

*muah*
    ~N

"life is far too important to be taken seriously"~oscar wilde

13. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

That would never happen, with any thread.

14. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I guess we shouldn't laugh at the Darwinian awards deaths too. *shrug*

15. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

try taking ten hits of acid (the dos dose) on a bad night and you might find out what death feels like... you may find yourself immobile, viewing events from a new perspective, looking back at yourself lying still, calmly contemplating the people shaking your empty shell, conscious of sights and sounds that fill the air with unseen communication, things you haven't seen on this plane of existence in vibrant detail - like sprites or fireflies. what colour is your soul? the events are slow, your brain cooling with the occasional sizzle of activity not unlike a meal fresh from the grill slowly growing stagnant and unwanted on your plate, as you are beyond the physical. the process is long but you are free of environmental conditions that may slow your detached mind. for hours a heavy state of peace descends on you as you hover about the vicinity of your departure, not quite ready to make the next leap. short-term memory banks empty, and as if a hole was pricked into the container the recollections come spilling out. there is a steadily building sense of vertigo and your control begins to weaken. there on the edge of perception, a point forms - gateway to the next. this point grows, enveloping the space at the fringe of your fading vision. there is an inverted vortex slowly gaining speed and depth, replaying your memories in reverse throughout your entire life back into the womb and then like an unstable singularity popping right out of existence, erased from the tapestry of what is and encoded into the records of what was. you're inside, and on to stage two.

16. graham

graham Well-Known Member

let us know when you're coming down

17. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

what, i can't engage in a bit of creative writing?

hey now i just read the rest of this thread, whoops! shouldn't have gotten involved [​IMG]

but yes, points to will for being a regular human being like the rest of us.

MOTE, EYE, you fill in the rest clever tribe kids.

18. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

that's similar to what some of the members on 'the suicide pages' were saying. thanks, lurch, for sharing that.

respect.

19. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

that's really nice

20. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

and you completely miss my point

21. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

That would never happen, in any thread.

22. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

yah, a really nice HALO

23. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Sorry.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

shysmiley hasn't posted here in a while....

25. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

lol

oops bad me