1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Beach Party

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by mcbee, Jan 22, 2001.

1. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

corey - where's your review??? i'm dying to hear what you thought!!!

i'm not actually a reviewer of corey's status but i'll tell ya what i thought...

it bit. i was there working with TRIP which was cool and so i had a good nite because of that experience. but the music and the overall atmoshere of sketch and pre-pubescent ravers was too much. i think in total, there were prolly 25 people there who had their drivers' licences!! thank god there was a bit of breaks to save my sanity [​IMG]

and surprisingly, i ran into alot of people who i knew!!

but c'mon corey....indulge me!! give us your review! cuz i KNOW it'll be good [​IMG]

[​IMG]sarah

2. ecstasy riot

ecstasy riot TRIBE Member

i knew tropicana was bad news since last week's nightmare... and i wanted to go so bad, but these corwds are untolerable.

3. dlerium88

dlerium88 TRIBE Member

*grin*

Tribe Boarders aren't snobs..nope not at all [​IMG]

4. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

It's funny because if you read the reviews on the Hulla board it's filled with "OMG what a great party" and "best party ever" type reviews.

Pete

5. Dam That SnarkEE Kid

Dam That SnarkEE Kid TRIBE Member

PaRtYKiD's been lazy with his review writing lately. [​IMG]

As for sketchy pre-pubescent parties, there seem to be alot of them these days... In Toronto /and/ in London.

I have no problem with pre-pubescent ravers, but seeing kids with braces and retainers at parties is sometimes a little unsettling.

As for drivers licences, they're overrated. :p

.StEEvEEdEE.
    - Toronto Envy -

6. JuNiOrR

JuNiOrR TRIBE Member

lets hear this review corey!

JuNiOrR!
    BTB crew!

7. **MUNCHKIN**

**MUNCHKIN** TRIBE Member

Hmmm Corey you seem to be the popular boi here eh!! everyone's waiting on your review for this party!!

Well I for one wouldn't say this party was "the best" or "the worst". It's basically in the middle for me. The sets I saw were pretty O.K. DJ Explicit put on a good show. Too bad he had a bit of technical difficulties w/the tables but he fixed that pretty quickly and had the crowd going crazy!! Sets of the night for me would have to be Doublecross and Terra (however you spell her DJ name). MC BLAZE is pretty good she's just gotta be a bit louder. Improved a lot from theh last time I saw her.

DJ Freedom....It was different. I guess the jungle in Texas is quite different then the Jungle in T-dot. I noticed a lot of mistakes but that's just me.

Munchkin

8. PaRtYKiD

PaRtYKiD TRIBE Member

What a fucking load of goat cheese.

Okay so once again I ask myself...

Corey my dear, why did you venture back into the land of kiddie raves run by kiddie promoters that take place in dirty old run down horse shit venues.

And once again, I come up with the answer: I HAVE NO FRIKKEN IDEA.

But I went, payed my whopping 25 well earned bucks at the door. No 19+ as per stated and advertised.

And so, my rave journey through the darkness and depths of the hole they call Tropicana begins...

Upon doing a quick lap of the joint using my tour map I spot our first attraction. Two dry fucking etarded preteens humping, as teenagers do, in a nice tucked away corner. 'mMmMmMmM' I think to myself, but I resist the temptation to join in.

After my rounds are completed on the lower level of hardcore etarded goodness, I venture up to the 'second floor' *dun dun dun* of breaks and house. DJ Monkey, caught 10min of your set. Good work bro. It was about the only part of the night I enjoyed.

So as we all have realized these days, where you find breaks, you will most definitely find the jibrats close by. As I used my cattle prod to get through the entrance, I was greeted by lovely stares of disapproval. Could it be true? Was 'moi' getting judged by a group of 17 year old homeless, second rate, end of the food chain jib whores? I smiled and waved, then move onto the next attraction.

Upon the conclusion of Mr Monkeys set, us the rowdy partygoer, were bombarded by sounds of 'I have no idea what genre of music this is'. UK Hardhouse? Nope too hard? Techno? Nope, right speed, but the tracks were el crapo. Hard House? Na, too fast. So musicly speaking, I would of had a better time at Club 108.

So with the realization there is no booze to be found in the party, myself and my alcoholic friends decide to pay Queen St a little visit for some bar hopin.

There is beer in my system, the night just got better.

I return to Club Med being a little bit on the shitfaced side of things. Nothing bothers me anymore, its time for some raving...

So in conclusion, I preach on to all my brothahs and sistahs...

rave on my children,

rave on!

PaRtYKiD
    Corey

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Corey I fucking love you! haha

RAVE ON!

MuchLove
    !Taleen

10. Dam That SnarkEE Kid

Dam That SnarkEE Kid TRIBE Member

Rave On.

That is the only phrase that accurately sums up the parties I have been to for the past few weeks in London.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones "graced" with these horrible parties.

.StEEvEEdEE.
    - Not Missing Anything -

11. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

*LOL* @ Corey's review!

dude i've been having the worst past few weeks, and that totally lifted my spirits!

with that said in mind, off to the bar tonight, to get some beers, and have some fun. surrouded my small town drunken idiots, inadequate music, and the best part of all! the only way to survive in this town: my friends!

and down with etards man!
    they're fuckin gross.

peace...

narissa [​IMG]

12. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

oh thank you corey!!!
    i knew you would come through for me!!!
    you are priceless!!
    [​IMG]sarah
    p.s. one question tho...why the fuck were you there??

13. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I'm totally with you on this one..why do we do it Corey??? At least I've stopped paying [​IMG]

I thought I was the only one who noticed this - it happenedon several occasions...

Overall, I can fuly back up all of Corey's review

Are we raving yet?

14. PaRtYKiD

PaRtYKiD TRIBE Member

oh that we are kevin, that we are!

[​IMG]

PaRtYKiD
    Corey

15. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

funny moment in the night...i'm leaving, walking down the sketchy stairwell adn what does corey yell down the stairs at me??

RAVE ON SARAH!!!

got some funny looks for that one, but it was classic!!

[​IMG]sarah

16. PaRtYKiD

PaRtYKiD TRIBE Member

babes as long as I can put a smile on your face, then my night has been a success.

hehe.

and whats that about young boys are so eager to please? [​IMG]

PaRtYKiD
    Corey

17. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

Im not sure what to make of this party. In the line up out side I found my self surrounded by alot of people who said these words way too often "back during groove is in the heart" or "hardcore F3 parties" I began to wonder what this party was going to be like.
    Then there was the genreless music. The bass was WAY to loud up stairs.You couldnt hear the detail in the tracks! Break downs sounded like giant ladies farting. After DJ Monkey, Unabomber came on. I couldnt hear much at all! Just bass! At one point I recognized a track he played only because I used to own it a long time ago and that little segment had no bass in it. I ventured up to the DJ booth to watch Unabomber for a bit and see what tracks he was playing and discovered the moniters we giving nice sound but the main speakers we shit. I find that ACS tends to pump that bass just a little way too much.

The rest of the night= eh.
    No new ground covered hear with some typical style sets.
    If the party could have been better. But still wasnt bad. Too much breaks / jungle. Sets of the night got to: Paris. While I wasnt there, my friend from Detriot said that he layed out some proper detroit style techno and laid waste to some candy ass. And Kudos to DJ R2 for some nice tracks.

Anyways. Not one I will remember.
    >6/10

Tyler
    (Engine)

18. JuNiOrR

JuNiOrR TRIBE Member

not even gonna go there! maybe the clubs are the best place for you guys... and about shit dirty venues... that was not our original venue and you know that corey... the sunday previous to the party i found out that the venue we had booked, $3000 deposit, contract signed and all was up for sale... we got screwed large... so needless to say it was a hard three dayz trying to find another place... but unfortunatly due to time and money tropicana was our only choice. the main floor of tropicana was actually spotless when i walked in there... up stairs was not but... just don't go up there... i think some of the isssue is that you guyz have spent so much time in "clean" clubs that you have been spoiled... you can't go to a rave and expect the toilet seat to be gliss'ning from the beginning to the end of the party... that's all i'm gonna say... a lot of people had a good time at this party... it's too bad you were too caught up in the social status of those around you to enjoy yourself... maybe you should try something new.... i know you can do it corey... i've seen it b4... concentrate on the music!

Justin
    Bite The Bullet Porductions!

19. Santa-Mike

Santa-Mike TRIBE Member

I entered and proceeded directly to my regular table in the back of the 3rd floor.

Joined by my fellow disappointed souls, we made the best of it with water guns, innane banter and harmless comments to the comedic relief, also known as the party-goers.

It was a picture postcard of how the expectations of the scene have slipped into the gutter.

Or would it be returned? meh... who cares.

I have always, and will always have fun wherever I go... parties may bomb, but there will always be fun amoungst the hardcore.
    *inside joke*