1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Techno in K-town

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by Arthur Oskan, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Arthur Oskan

Arthur Oskan TRIBE Member

Lineup:

Terence Kissner (Ab initio, Detroit)
    Arthur Oskan (monorecords) LIVE
    Trevor Kropf - (Q Recordings) LIVE
    Darkland

Event:

lfo.

Saturday, January 19th, 2002
    Fed Hall, University of Waterloo
    19+ $10
    10PM-4AM
    www.audiotechnology.ca
    (mapquest.com to get directions)

Hope to see some of you that I met at my last PA at Audiowerk this past Sepetember at Save the Robots.

Peace,
    Arthur

2. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

Hey Arthur, glad to see you made it on the Tribe board dude [​IMG]

your Pub shit is fucking dope man....

and as a matter of fact i was thinking of checking out this party with Phil (dj biotek)
    and my crew , after i play n shit', didn't know the details just that someone was coming from Detroit to do a live set...now that i know your on the bill?!??!?!

what time are you on at????

-doug.

3. Arthur Oskan

Wicked. Thanks. We're getting lots of support with that shit.

my sets' from 12:30 -1:30.

Ohh, btw, my mistake. Terrence will not be playing live. He's bringing records intead.

Hope to see you there...

Peace,
    Arthur

4. Simplistik

Simplistik TRIBE Member

How did this event turn out? I wished I could have made it but was unable to get out of a prior commitment

Peace

5. Arthur Oskan

Good space, Good sound, Poor Turnout.
    I think Speed in Kitchener had something going on that night. Not entirely sure though.

It was a *bit* of a let-down.

Arthur

6. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

There was at one other party (Incected) going on in Waterloo that night, plus Speed's thing at the Purple Room.

Two parties and Speed's monthly going off on the same night in Waterloo? Sounds like people might have been spread pretty thin that night.

Plus there was something going on in Cambridge too that night if I'm not mistaken.

I'm all for more parties in the Waterloo region, just not all on the same night! [​IMG]

7. Arthur Oskan

Word. More that 2 events in such a small city causes some serious divisions.

Trouble is, the promoter told me that he informed everyone else that were thinking about putting anything together on the 19th of January 02, back in September 01!. So notice (in my eyes) was given.

Who knows though...I really don't know the whole story.

All I know is that dragged half my studio to do a PA for about 50 people, in a space that could have held 1500. aahwell.

8. deep

deep TRIBE Member

is trevor kropf from waterloo originally?

9. derek

derek TRIBE Member

I just put the 1000 message in the techo forum.