1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

TBQ - Cherry Beach

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by alexd, Jul 2, 2001.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Amazing! Huge turnout in spite of the howling winds. Madnezz's banana boats! Wicked tunes! Smiley Joe's homebaked cookies!

!!!!

Alex D

2. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

*sniff sniff* I sob in my lonliness [​IMG] Hope all had as good a time as Alex did [​IMG]

3. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

windy weather and cloudy skies couldn't keep us apart [​IMG]
    I had an amazing time. I met many, saw a vast amount of people I hadn't seen in weeks, I had stimulating conversation, ate scrumdelish cookies, and talked so many people's ears off... it was fabulous.

great music, great people, great food/drinks...

I was sooooooooo pleased with the turn out and to see everyone together again, and meet new people.... ahhh yah. that was one hell of a Canada Day BBQ!!!!!

thanks [​IMG]

~ Johane

4. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

mmmm cookies [​IMG] I had quite a few hehe [​IMG]

I had a great time this evening..awesome people, fun music, woo hoo [​IMG]

Thanx to the organizers and last minute generator crew *** hehe

[​IMG]Cri

ps:hey bathroom buddy..sorry for leaving you [​IMG]

5. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

AWESOME!!!

Yes, I'm home now, and it's early *blush* but I have to work early in the morn, and had to return the car. *S*

There were still loads of people when I left, I'm sure the party's still goin strong!!

So nice to see so many faces! TBK Rocks, as always.

DAMN! that steak was really good! AND the banana boats!!! mmMMmmMMMmmMMmMmMmmmmm thanks for helping me cook it, Toby!! *S*

Duncan, I cant say Im impressed that the fireman himself would encourage fireworks in the trees. *LOL*

To all those people who's ass I kicked tonight, Im sorry I humiliated you in front of all those people. Adam, I'm sorry I broke your glasses!

well, a good night had by all. *S* I hope everyones getting home safely!!!! *S*

adios
    Laura

6. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

oh yeah- CRI- sorry to break your bum. *grin*

adios
    Laura

7. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you are supposed to hold those big muther rocket-type fireworks in your hand when you light them either...

8. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

I had to leave so early [​IMG]

My bf's mouth was hurting from dental surgery he had a couple of days ago, and we didn't bring the tylenol [​IMG]

It was nice seeing some of you and meeting some of you!

Until next time!

-Candace

9. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Kickass times had by all. Everyone seemed on point tonight, I can only suppose it was the Canada Day spirit in all of us. Wonderful people, I never fail to have a good time in your company. The music was hype and diverse. It had a very "high school bush party" feel about it, which was quite refreshing. Thanks go out where they belong: to the people who had a hand in organizing this especially the music and the generator. [​IMG]
    Don't worry. I had the fireworks situation well under control Laura. Thanks for the help.
    Everyone seemed to be going one of three places tonight... either home, to systems or to the guv. I hope everyone who went home had a nice restful sleep. I hope everyone that went to Guv had all the techno-badness they could wrap their minds around. And I know for a fact that everyone at Systems was just kickin it with some fine breakfest vibes. Lots and lots of fun.
    Happy Canada Day everyone. God, What a Country!
    Unity. -Duncan

10. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

I missed Jo's cookies! [​IMG]

NOoooOOoOOooOOooO!

Ah well. I'll go have a coconut instead [​IMG]

30 days till I'm back. I'll trade you something African for your cookies Jo?

Glad everyone had a blast!

t. tAnTrUm

11. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

I missed Jo's cookies! [​IMG]

NOoooOOoOOooOOooO!

Ah well. I'll go have a coconut instead [​IMG]

30 days till I'm back. I'll trade you something African for your cookies Jo?

Glad everyone had a blast!

t. tAnTrUm

12. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

sooooo much fun [​IMG]

heheh last minute generator crew.. slightly.. for the 2nd time in 2 months i was running into home depot 5 min b4 the rental dept. closed and slappin mah credit card down on the counter "Generator!"

[​IMG]

Gotta love that game of hackysack... i'm havin trouble walkin today.. note to self.. hackysack is not a full contact sport.

thanks to everyone who organized it ... alex for the rev's... we had a 2-4 of rev but someone*cough*jay*cough* forgot to put it in the car.

Can't wait to see the pictures.. alex.. you called it when u said that group shot is gonna be great.. it was like a family reunion picture.

.. cept a lil more cracky.

"hey this is one of those sticks you can use to find water.. lets see if it'll find rev!"

Dave

13. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

*ahem* and thanx to everyone who slapped my ass..and an even bigger thanx to dave for holding it there for everyone to slap [​IMG]

14. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

amazing time! (as par usual) big-ups to dave for grabbin the generator last minute... We were all set to go, had my speakers and amp in the car, give @m the 'checklist phonecall' before we leave and the million dollar question was: who's brining the generator?! [​IMG]

Too bad I had to leave early and miss all the real *debauchery* but I've got work today. However, I did manage to make it home in time for the staff party at work last night. I was the only one to show up pre-drunk! [​IMG]

It was nice to meet some new faces; even though there was this one chick who was givin me a hard time... what's her name? squirlly? [​IMG]

good times.
    Peace & love. D

15. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

oops- i almost forgot to thank the guys who took care of the chunes!!! thank you to Adam, Derek and Dave, and Alex for covering the costs!!!!!!

hahahahahaa- full body contact hacki sac is where its at!!!! *grin*

adios
    Laura

16. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Yes, despite the fall-like weather, I really enjoyed myself at this outing...Nice to meet a few more Tribe peeps [​IMG]

Madnezz-No problem with the steak, and thanks for the oral sex...um, I mean Banana Boat!!!

AlexD-Those clouds don't look to good...

James-We'll have to continue out conversation about them cigarette companies.

Bumbaclat-Hey, why not park closer, instead of waaayyyy over here?

And to everybody else I met but names I can't remember, till next time...

Bias

17. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

OH, how could forget about Joanna's cookies? Never was really a big fan of the Oatmeal-raisin combo, but Jo's cookies rock [​IMG]

Bias

18. French Disco Girl

French Disco Girl TRIBE Member

note to self: do not stand more than 10 feet close to hackysack game in progress - or expect to get repeatedly binged by hackysack *coughmalglocough*

thanks alex for the rev's - and whoever for the meat products. mmmm bunless hotdogs [​IMG] and thanks tommy for throwing down some sweet hOuSe!

it was nice to meet you smiley jo (shorty!), pinkangle and pyrovitae. you girls rock. nice meeting everyone else too, 'specially just ethan [​IMG]

dan - you owe me smokes. what happened to our inside deal?! booo to you.

thanks will for being my partner in crime and for putting up with my drunken self on the way home. [​IMG] we missed out on the group photo though
    [​IMG]

19. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

I was just trying to include you into the game [​IMG]

Dave

p.s. thank jay, too [​IMG] he had to take a seperate car because the generator wouldn't fit into my trunk [​IMG]

20. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

glad all had a good time

sorry alex, i got stuck at edgefest

next year man!!
    janICE:>

21. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i think i'm still a little drunk....drunken bike riding is fun and challenging.

yay bbq! good time had by all!

hackeysack = fun
    frisbee = fun

hello to everyone i met and saw.

i don't feel coherent enough to write more now, perhaps after i eat i will feel better.

22. chicom

chicom TRIBE Member

I declare MalGlo the official champion of hacky sack [​IMG]

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard

Thanks to all for the good time and it was nice to finally meet you (Cosmic) [​IMG]

23. originalVIBE

originalVIBE TRIBE Promoter

Yo I had a great time...
    It was fun meeting lots of ppl (in real life) and getting to know the "music crew"

i also liked droping some tunes despite the fact that i had records fall and nock the tone arm and i couldnt see for shit and was forced to use my palm piolt as a flash light...(Adam, next year i get the 8'oclock set!)

Jesse.

Shot outs to all: RESPECT!
    Special Shot outs:
    rosey -> now that i have finally met you i cant wait to kick your ass on the tribe board again, bitch!

- the dude who shot the fireworks into the tree

- the girl with kethcup fetish

enough shot outs cause this is just anoying me as i could write a book now on all of you mother fuckers!

oh yah,
    to SUNKIST - I didnt wana be the one to tell you cause i thought someone else would but you had this small round peice of food or maybe it was just tinfoil or something like that stuck to your face...(i think it was on your right side just up and above your lips or something)

and one more thing...
    to the girl with the big boobs: ALWAYS A PLEASURE!

24. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Now THAT'S what i call quality entertainment!

BIG THANKS: jesse!, derek, rich, laura, & dave.....couldn't 'ave done it without cha....and tommy for the 'house classics'.

had my liquid lunch, but no grilled products (except for a stolen corner of tommy smalls steak! Thanks buddy!)

Lotsa peeps and friendly folk, INCLUDING a guy I haven't seen since grade 8!

As per Tribe verncular, "teh funney group photo should be COMEDY GOLD!".

Dave is the only guy I've ever seen give 110% to HACKY-SACKING! Crazy man, crazy!

To Joey and Dj Psyclone: HUGE sorries about the killing of the sound set up before you had a chance to spin...you were good sports about it and next TBK interaction, this incident should be remembered so that you get a good slot. I'll back you up even if I'm not organizing it.

And Jesse, YOU LOST THE SLOT FAIR AND SQUARE IN THE COIN TOSS, SUCKA! Next time, we wrestle. I'll have madnezz in my corner. COWER IN FEAR!!!!

tech care,

@m.

25. joey

joey TRIBE Member

Yes yes it was a grand time

Thanks to ALEX D for bringing the two cases of the new green rev!
    I even had to put my 40oz of Malt Liquor down do have one of those tasty treats!

Big ups to that 420 guy for beach tossing and everyone that tried to toss in the dark.

Bathroom crew in effect!!

Big boos to the sound crew for wanting to leave before Psyclone and I were gonna tag team that shit..
    just jokes!!!!!
    big ups for bringing all that jazz guys

Good times all around

Hi to the new people I met