Tax Re-assessment MY ASS!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by echo, Feb 28, 2003.

1. echo

echo TRIBE Member

So I get home from a long day at the office, only to find a letter from Canada Customs....

"hmmmm...I wonder what this is....don't think I'm due for my GST cheque yet..."

*opens envelope*

Oh wait now, hold the phones, what's that....it says I OWE $1300.00 FUCKING DOLLARS!!!

That's right....my income tax was re-assessed and supposedly I made 5000.00 more than I reported (something from U of T which I really don't remember getting). I now owe the guvernement 1300.00 dollars by MARCH 13, 2003. One day before my birthday no less. Happy fuckin birthday to me :(

Anybody else feeling my pain?

Do they ever make mistakes about stuff like this??

*sigh*

And always at the most opportune moments too eh?

So much for saving up for a new apartment.

2. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Bummer. That's happened to me a couple of times. It fucking sucks.

Ming.

3. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

Oh, Amy that fucking sucks. :(

I would be so pissed.

4. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

I was re-assessed last year and had to fork out close to a grand. I feel your pain. :(

-- Jay aka Fut

5. kennyboy

kennyboy TRIBE Member

I was re-assesed from last year. I just paid them last week. I know the pain. And I have a bad feeling I may owe money again this year.
    Please God, no.

6. echo

echo TRIBE Member

Oh...I am WAY MORE than pissed.

Fucking bunch of monkeys is what they are.

When I submitted my taxes last March, I had calculated out that they owed me about $3000.00 (windfall year due to half school and half working).

Then when the cheque arrived it was for like $4600.00! I should have known right then and there it was too good to be true.

I haven't really looked anything over yet, so I don't know what the whole story is....all I know is that I don't have the money to pay for it. Not even fuckin close!

Note to self: Pay more attention when filing taxes this year.

Maybe if I am lucky they will owe me a little bit of money this year....that will at least help pay for it.

Then again, knowing my luck I will probably owe them money for this past year too. Talk about adding insult to injury.

7. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

OUCH!!

sorry to hear that Amy

8. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

boo-urns!

shitty buzz.........sorry to hear that......

vench

9. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

DOWN WITH THE TAX MAN!

10. echo

echo TRIBE Member

Thanks for the sympathy everyone...

Definitely doesn't make for a good way to start the weekend that's for sure!

Luckily I picked up a bottle of wine on my way home from work today....so I'll just drink away my misery :D

11. echo

echo TRIBE Member

PS...

DOWN WITH THE TAX MAN !!

12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I've been sucked bone dry for the past three years. So this year I decided to invest in RRSPs. You should look into it echo, it might relieve some of your impending burden for 2003.

Ming.

13. echo

echo TRIBE Member

I would love to contribute money to RRSP's, however I owe $25 000 in student loans. I am trying to pay the loans back ASAP, so that at some point in the future, some bank might actually consider giving me a mortgage for a house.

My paycheque can only stretch so far :(

I think I need some financial advising...

14. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

fucking government sucks ass.

they took $35000 in taxes from me last year. motherfuck.

they suck AMY. THEY SUCK.

15. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Boo. Amy, that's such a raw deal they gave you. :( Stupid taxes, that system is soooo backwards.

16. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

You need a better accountant. ;)

17. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Back taxes? Or you're actually pulling in over a hundred large?

18. evilkiTTy

evilkiTTy TRIBE Member

oh, that really sucks. my friend was just telling me that after not being able work for 6 months last year, she also got a re-whatever and she owes like 200 bucks. wtf is up with that considering that she was practically starving to death for 6 months????????????????

19. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

did u use H & R Block?

they have like the highest rate of re-assesments/audits!

20. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

p.s. if it makes you feel better i got audited a couple years ago and got hit for 12 grand :)

21. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Not only that, but they charge a lot.

I urge people to buy tax software (TazWiz or Quicktax) and do their own taxes. The software guides you through, and you can netfile...

Takes 7 to 10 days to get your money back...

22. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

ahhh sorry to hear that amy. :( thats really crappy.

if it makes you feel any better, i got reassesed too..granted in only had to pay 65 bucks. but still. out of all the rich fuckers in the world, you think students would be the last of their concerns.

23. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

gotta get you used to payin taxes while your young

24. Libradragon

i have an accountant. she charges me $250 to do my taxes. freaking sales...freaking loopholes....and i still don't benefit.

MOTHERFUCK.

25. Libradragon

no back taxes. :(