talking in movie theatres... ARGH!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kuba, Jan 27, 2002.

1. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Hey

I saw I am sam on the weekend (quite a ghetto movie) and I don't understand people. Am I the ONLY one who hates it when people start to talk in the movie theatres? This dumb mother brought her dumb ass 5 year old who asked dumb ass questions the whole fucking movie. Then she started cracking each popcorn bit on the floor. Then her cell phone rang.

Of course this happens in EVERY movie. Some jackass has to sit there with his fat mouth gabbing on and on with his dumb ass friend or girlfriend, thinking its a cafetaria.

This is a plea: STOP talking during the movie. Please. for the love of god.

I know I sound like a parent or some old bastard, but rent the damn thing if you got to open your fat ass mouth..

AND THE MOVIE SUCKED TOO!

2. What am I invisible?

From the Ministry of went off on a huge rant on this in November....

Prime Minister Highsteppa

3. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

believe it or not people ignore you james

4. I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

From the Ministry of hold your breath until you pass out.

5. tella

tella TRIBE Member

i recently saw black hawk down and there was a guy who was talking on his cell phone for literally 3/4 of the movie. at first he had it on vibrate, and then he actually had the ringer on. he made absolutely no effort to whisper either..he was talking in a normal tone of voice. as annoying as it was, i also found it quite amusing. some ppl are slaves to their phones which is really quite sad...if you can't go two and a half hours without having your phone on or if you're expecting a real important call..don't go see a movie..it's as simple as that.

6. ^^^^

If they're pulling shit like that, go complain and get your money back. Theatres do have to give you your money back if you demand it because of someone else disrupting your moviegoing experience. If you're angry about it, the upper echelons of the movie chain are eventually going to hear it, and have to do something about it, as giving back people their money cuts directly into the theatre chains cost. They still have to pay the studios for the film, regardless.

Don't sit and take this kind of shit. Ask the fuckhead to shut the hell up and then go complain to the manager of the theatre.

From the Ministry of do it almost all the time.

7. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

If I'm going to a movie, I plan ahead...

For night time movies, chili and cabbage rolls for lunch... and a quick visit to Shopper's for some adult diapers.

LET 'EM RIP.

8. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Minister,

First off, I wasn't aware of your original rant in November cuz I wan't around.

Two, I once tried this tactic. Although, I was actually nice. Scenario: Dumb Gino Jock boyfriend with Dumb Blonde-but-brown-at-the-roots girlfriend. Movie: Saving Private Ryan. The girl would not shut up. She asked stupid shit not even whispering. I turned around and asked her to be quiet. At the end of the movie the guy had something to prove by acting all tough and being pissed that I talked to his g/f in a rude way.

The point is, movie managers shouldn't have to deal with this if People shut the hell up. I shouldnt have to ask for my money back b/c of their stupidity. It ruins a good date!

Plus, even worse, is when your own friends talk like some morons. That KILLS ME!

9. No problem [​IMG] <--I forgot to include this.

I usually start of with a very stern "Excuse me, will you please be quiet? We didn't pay money to hear you and your girlfriend talk." If they continue, I get up and get one of the theatre ushers to shut them up. It might ruin a date, but in the longer run, it will eventually cause theatre chains to realize that this is a problem, as I said before, requests for refunds because of chattery or talking during a movie cut directly into the theatre's cost. Things are already tough for theatre chains, as Cineplex is already facing bankruptcy again, and Famous Players is holding on by their fingernails. Despite what you may have read about movies having a record year, that's the studios speaking, not the theatre chains.

In an ideal world yes. Unfortunately there isn't an IQ check being performed at the ticket boxoffice, and any dickhead who has a need to speak constantly like a ventriloquist with tourette's syndrome can go in and ruin a moviegoing experience for many others. It might ruin a date, but I can guarantee you that if it goes unchecked, it will only get worse. I've heard that Famous Players is considering of installing cel phone jammers in their theatres, once the courts deem that its something that should be sold publicly or not.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. They shouldn't have to deal with this kind of shit and really people should be more considerate. Unfortunately, reality dictates that there are people out there who are inconsiderate enough not to think that they should save their comments until the end feel that they have paid to see the movie and are oblivious that they are ruining the experience for others.

Solution:
    "psssst....tell (insert name of friend) to shut the fuck up. Pass it on"

From the Ministry of it really pisses me off too.

10. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

I went to see Orange County tonight, and the theater was empty. There were 6 of us in total there. I went with a friend, and besides us there were two other couples. One of those couples didn't seem to have any interest in watching the movie but seemed very interested in each other, if you know what I mean. We could hear quite clearly the noises they made as they groped, fondled, swapped spit, etc. It was rather annoying yet highly entertaining at the same time.

11. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Next time, smuggle in a video camera and sell the tape to America's Funniest Home Videos.