1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Talk about a line-up

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by vench, Mar 29, 2002.

1. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS???

www.stuckonearth.com

My favorites? Stages 1,3 & 5.

The anticipation begins.....

vench

2. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

nice man...

Mr. Hawtin

Derrick May

Advent (live p.a)

droooooooooooooL :eek:

KrS One would be a treat aswell....

Omar Santana spins gabber now???:confused:

3. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

As soon as I get a shnazzy apartment, I'm framing a New York City Transit line map (maybe after I fuck it up a bit with paint or markers) and hanging it up.

4. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

in the Hip hop room alongside KRS-One - Slick Rick.......the master of story telling.

vench

5. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

he using his get-outta-jail-free card ? ;)

<--jokes...

6. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I think so, either that or he rolled doubles.

vench

7. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Thats within a 15 minute drive of my parents house. I really wanted to go (and get some good home cooking :) ) but my exam shedule messes that plan up big time. Wish you all luck if you go. I've been to randel's island a few times for big music festivals and its always been good. Watch out though, if it is dry for a few days (no rain) it will be VERY dusty, if it rains at all, it will be VERY muddy. Line up looks very sweet indeed.

8. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

12 noon - 12 midnight!? :confused:

wtf?

p[l]a+0

9. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

It's in a rough area of harlem. You don't want to be there past midnight anyway. I got heckeled by a man with a three legged dog last time I was there. no joke.

10. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I've seen a dog with only three legs before, it didn't really walk, it bounced around more.

vench

11. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

this one didn't seem to move much (it just stood there), but the guy still treatened me with the dog if I didn't give him my subway money.:rolleyes: some people.... sheesh. Oh and in case you were wondering, I didn't give the guy my subway money. But still a scary neighbourhood.

12. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I should be okay (I hope) but thanks for the heads up.

I didn't know this party was in such a fine neighbourhood. I'll bet the harrasment from street people there is worse than here, or is it?

vench

13. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Are you white? If yes, you will be the only one (apart from others at the party), I'm not racist in the slightest (DON'T take this to mean that I assume blacks to be street people or bad people, its just a very prodominatly black neighbourhood in the "getto" of NYC) but you will probably feel a bit odd walking openly on the streets after dark anywhere a few blocks away from the park. This is one of "those areas" in NYC that most people try to avoid after dark. but the buildings (the ones that aren't destroyed, not all are but some are a bit wreked up) have some great art work on them and the area really has been cleaned up a lot in recent years. You shouldn't have any problem, just be smart. Also, make sure you don't have loose change jingling in your pockets.... you may find your pants removed for you before you have a chance to offer the money into a hat. (a tad exagerated but you get the point) I hope you have a great time, I'm sure you will.

You may find a different side to that area of harlem than I did, its been about a year since I was last in that exact area and times do change quickly. Expect the worst (bad I know) and you'll be pleasently surprised no matter you find. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2002
  14. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I am white but I highly doubt I'll be there until midnight. A couple of my friends are performing so we'll probably just go and leave as soon as they are done. And since I've seen them more than a few times, I'll be venturing into the other areas of this event to check stuff out.

BTW, is it in a park? You mentioned something about it being muddy and stuff, so should I wear crappy shoes and clothes so nothing gets ruined?

And I hate change so I don't think I'll have any. No subway to Harlem, only cabs.

vench

15. noisy

noisy TRIBE Member

A few of my friends are going to this.

I got very excited, but then I realized it's at the same time as my exams. :(

16. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Hasn't Omar always spun various types of hardcore, whether breaks or gabber or whatever?

BBB.

I dunno, I always associate him with hardcore shit, and I know a lot of it's dark. Maybe not GABBER in the traditional sense, though.

17. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

^^^yes he has, he dabbles here and there.

p[l]a+0

18. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

mmmmmmm

mmmmmmmm krs-1 slick rick black sheep.......? oh my :D

19. feisty boy

feisty boy TRIBE Member

i'm going to this one.
    heads up to d&b fans - LTJ bukem is spinning in NYC on the tuesday after this festival - makes for quite a nice little package trip :D

20. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

Re: mmmmmmm

exactly!!!!!!!!

vench

21. CC

CC TRIBE Member

my highlights would definitely be: krs1, slick rick, black sheep (they are still around?! OMG), bailey, ss, paul johnson.

everyone else can suck it as far as i can guess. but what can you do.

BIG QUESTION: why the hell aren't guys like tim patrick included in these big parties down south? come on guys, start travelling around and showing them what TO is made of. i don't want freaky flow to be our ambassador.

Shawn

22. CC

CC TRIBE Member

let's not forget that lush, mystical and marcus can run circles around most uk djs

CC

23. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

i wish onyx was there too.....:D

24. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

whats wrong with Freaky Flow? No disrespect to any of our locals because, as a city, I think Toronto probably has some of the best talent in, at the very least, North America.

You may not want F.F. as our ambassador but at least Toronto is being represented at such a big festival such as this.

I ask you, who would you rather have represent Toronto as an ambassador?

not starting anything, just curious, that's all

vench

25. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

jason hodges and gryphon