1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Syrous Sessions @ Turbo

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Gunark, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Umm I'm still drunk so the following may or may not make sense.

Robb ripped the place to shreds. Mr. Saddler was also good.

The jungle upstairs seemed decent as well, although I'm not really into that sort of thing anymore. The crowd was very Turbo-ish. I expected more of a breaker/junglist thing but it's all good.

What happened to the much discussed decorations in the red room? All I saw was a few lights. And the front was darker than my bassment.

Oh well, I had tonnes of fun. Robb's set was definetly one of the best I've seen him play.

I wish they had techno or something upstairs, but whatever. A decent friday breaks night is better than nothing.

[​IMG]

2. ecstasy riot

ecstasy riot TRIBE Member

*lol* Your review made me laugh. [​IMG]

3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy TRIBE Member

i heard chuck had his ball's grabbed by some drunk girl...he was smiling from ear to ear...

c.

4. Bobby Thrust

Bobby Thrust TRIBE Member

Shucks, I posted mine at the same time that this got started. Sorry Alex! I can cut and paste if you like!

5. Bobby Thrust

Due to alcohol, I was unable to see this night completely through. However, I have left feeling well satisfied in spending my hard earned dollars to get in. Overall, I had a fantastic evening.
    I got there at aroudn 11:30 and went straight downstairs to see DJ X play. We have been exchanging emails for a year now and it is nice to have finally seen him play as well as to have decent dude. Then I went upstairs to check out Unknown Soldjah vs one of the myriad of Rukkus'. Excellent tunes, but when you first get to a club bourbon seems to be more of an importance. Having been to Turbo a number of times in the last bit, it is nice to get to a bartender who knows what I drink without having to ask. Respect to the bartendress. Next up on the decks was Sniper vs Slip n Slide. Like the mc said, if you are not into the Vinyl Sindicate get into this shit! Then back downstairs for Dave Saddler. Excellent as expected.
    This is a trend that follows throughout the evening. Absolutely no disappointment in music at any moment that I was there. It was during this set that I began to rock out and start to dance like a villain. It was also at this point that I began to flash the horns of rock and roll. It was also at this point that I happened to be seen by alexd who I informed that I was more of a rocker than a raver.
    I got some more glute exercise as I wanted to check out Mystical vs Marcus. 2 of the best djs that exist combined. Not a bad little set at all. In fact, I furthered my dancing like a villain as there is nothing to be done when confronted with such excellent music...except drink...which I somehow found time to do as well. Around this point I found D-monic and JD...respect NOW to the French Fry....When I say Tai you say Bo!
    I watched the first bit of INS vs Spinz and continued to rock out. The calves should be rock hard after a few more Fridays of this situation!
    I decided to cap off the night with some more breaks downstairs to the always energetic Robb G. I also chose to fight Madhatter. He was lucky that I stroked his fragile dj ego and so I jobbed to him so that he would not lose his desire and decide to retire. Toronto has already lost one breaks dj to retirement, can we stand to lose another?
    Thanks to Marty for giving my friend some real Canadian papers. I am certain they will go to good use.
    By 3ish, the bourbon was beginning to be less positive and more negative and I decided it was probably time to retreat to the homefront. Fortunately, Big League Chu decided to make a little league Cameo appearance and was able to give me a ride home and tell me his story of woe from a past Winnipeg gig that defies any dj horror story I have heard (with the exception of Julian Liberator vs the Moscow police but that is beyond comprehension).
    Thus, I am at home, on the computer, drinking lots of water and popping aspirin in hopes of staving off any adverse reaction to my absolutely excellent evening.
    In short, thanks to Syrous for starting up a night that puts a smile on my face and my feet ont the floor. I look forward to future Fridays (though next week I will have to see Donald Glaude at Element).
    Great night, good luck for the rest of time!
    Brian
    When I say sweet, you say sour! RESPECT!

6. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

I caught the last 15 minutes of Robb's set (I was at the Milk party prior)...then had my ass bitten by a certain dj who will remain nameless! Ooooh...and I got to see my lil sis (Jen...breaksbitch!) for about 5 minutes...gotta love fallin on the floor, eh Jen! [​IMG]

~Lori <----has teeth marks on her bum!

7. dj x

dj x TRIBE Member

8. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

damn work.. i missed it. i'll try to compensate next friday thou.

3 dj's back to back? bah! [​IMG] that is so wrong! I cant see them throwing anything that could sound like a propely mixed set...

oh and btw s&s arent in vinyl sindicate..

9. kul-kat

kul-kat TRIBE Member

woo. what a fun night!! spent the whole time groovin upstairs to the sweet sweet dnb beats. i was originally planning on checking out the breaks as well, but once upstairs, i just couldn't bring myself to venture down. ah well. another day. i foresee many a fridays to come spent at 360 adelaide.

10. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

11. tella

tella TRIBE Member

they didnt play back to back to back. sniper played first for a little while and then slip n slide came on afterwards. slide dropped autumn which made me a VERY, VERY happy girl.

and yes..slip and slide are part of vinyl syndicate.

12. cosmic

cosmic TRIBE Member

Man wish I had gone!

Next week I guess.....

13. Angus Robinson

Angus Robinson TRIBE Member

Haha... you lost that fight fair and square. I was kickin yo' ass all ova turbo, dude! But if you want a rematch, I'm game. On sunday, you die!

Lori, who bit your ass????

14. Bobby Thrust

Thank you for setting the record straight. Don't you love it when people are critical of sets they did not hear as well as incorrectly correcting? I thought this was the party review section, not the party review Review section

Angus, I will kick you ass into next week if I want to, but I am more self confident and assured of myself and do not mind helping you look good. I can not afford to drink anymore this week so I can not fight. Drunken fighting is more fun (as you said).

Good times!

15. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

...just some tall skinny white boy! [​IMG] *coffRobbcoff*

~Lori

16. kate

kate TRIBE Member

Been there, gotten that, felt the pain, hon.

Kate

17. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Umm Angus and "Bobby Thurst", were you two the ones doing the drunken rumble all over the downstairs room?

18. LP

LP New Member

I agree Willar, but that's definately not nuff said - I had to drive her ass home...all the way to Hamilton, and she didn't stop babbling until we hit Oakville (at what point she passed out)!

Next week I drink Jen!

[​IMG]

19. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

OKay, so the night was a little bit blurry, and yes, i will admit being a DRUNK, but that night only! What do u expect me to do when i was there since 10:00. Im pretty sure that all of the sets were good, i dunno. [​IMG] Sooooo many ppl. that i haven't seen in a while- woohoo!

Lori, i love u! haha...yes, falling was funny-oh geez. THanx for all ur drink tix. leo and willar! And to the bartender for free drinks! woohoo! Anyways, leo- ur drinking next week? umm.....lets take the bus then [​IMG] haha- sorry for my drunk babbling, but u know it was funny. See u all next week.

*jen*

20. Angus Robinson

Angus Robinson TRIBE Member

Yeah, I was kickin his arse six ways to sunday!

21. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

do you like crack??

22. peanut butter

peanut butter TRIBE Member

From what i saw, it was Angus who got a good ol' rock 'n roll ass whoopin from the mighty "king of mullet". In between conversation of ACDC and Eddy Money, Brian had his blood thirst for a certain "mad" hatter heightened by those sick devil horns...Peace to all the real rocker crowd who got down to the slick sounds of Robby Geeeeeeeeee!Patrick

23. Miss MacBeal

Miss MacBeal TRIBE Member

you need to get your facts straight! actually, the three official owners of Vinyl syndicate are :sniper, mystical and SLIP!!!!

24. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

There was jungle upstairs.
    There was breaks downstairs.

It was weird.

That is all.

Joanna [​IMG] <-- was way overdressed to be dancing to breaks...