Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Finch, Jan 25, 2002.
This message board is my stress reliever, followed by alcohol.
Why has no one mentioned sex as a stress reducer? Everybody's thinking, nobody's saying it
When i get stressed I get aggressive, so it used to be my agression release was punk concerts and jungle (ya I was pretty mashy). Now I find joining the gym has done wonders for mellowing me out, when I don't go I get stressy (agressive) again as if there's no release for the negative energy inside me.
Have you been reading the thread?
Not sure if that is the wisest thing to do. Or maybe I misinterpreted what you meant?
Cheers ... Ian
1)smoking (anything but crack)
7)hanging out with my friends
8)reading and posting on tribe board
10)laughing (even if I have to force myself)
(In no particular order)
Doesn't anybody else find that they can't get rid of stress without working it off? A lot of the solutions you guys use involde relaxing, well I just can't realx until all that neagtive energy is spent.
Im at my training seminar, so I have to post quickly.
So blah to you
heh heh that reminds me of the movie 'permanent midnight'. the scene where ben stiller and that other guy are smoking rocks and the jumping against the window in the high rise.
i'll bet *that* would relieve some stress!
Follow these steps and TADA... No More Stress
1) You're Alcoholic Drink of Choice
3) Lava Lamp
4) Pink Floyd - Division Bell
Never seen the movie, but now I want too, sounds like fun
most of the above suggestions but also St. John's Wort is good... seriously it works so well for me
Yeah I'm the same, just ask Cheeka what our place would look like if I didn't get stressed once in a while
Add to that:
1) Basketball- nothin' like working somebody, talkin' shit, blocking a shot, expressing yourself with a mad dunk (if ya gots da hops) to relieve stress
2) God's great green herb - It's been said before but you know I'll say it again, only problem is when the paranoia sets in...
3) Sex - Tru Dat, I need to rediscover it as a stress reliever cause I got mad stress yo!!
^^^ heehee - ya thank God for Mr.Dicksherwood and him being a stress case
spic and span!
How does St. John feel about this??
I make dumb jokes on tribe to relieve stress.
I'm pretty goddamn stressed at the moment so y'all be ready for the unrelenting storm 'o' bad jokes for the next 4 hours.
PS-maybe if i had more sex I'd tell better jokes.
none are currently available
i'm the queen of stress. here's what i do:
1) deep breathing technique- touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, sit down with back straight, empty lungs of air, breath in for count of 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8. repeat 4 times. this seriously works to calm you down. do it when you're stoned for extra special stress relief!
2) MUSIC! it's all about the music, singing along at the top of my lungs, busting a move, whatever it takes.....
3) i used to take kava kava until it was taken off the shelves because people were having liver problems which actually made me MORE stressed.
4) weed + good friends + a couple beers
5) watching a really awesome movie that i've seen a million times....its comforting.
6) kicking stuff and/or throwing things. i've broken a lot of stuff doing this, so then you have to bust out the krazy glue and fix them therefore taking your mind off of your original stress.
7) writing all my thoughts down. it helps me at the time and when i read it a couple days later i realize that i was over-reacting to the situation.
3. listening to house
4. dancing to house
5. going out and combing my top four all together. that's probably the best stress relief.
I listen to trance to relax too. I like it because it's like the opposite of thinking.
Sorry to go off-topic, but Wunderbar has mentioned the dreaded words "law school" and now I feel compelled to vent my frustrations to the poor denizens of the Tribe board. For me, this week included the deadline for first-year recruitment, grades came out, we got our first pieces of legal writing handed back, my civ pro prof gave a massively depressing lecture questioning whether it is possible to be both a good person and a good lawyer (note the convenient timing with the first-year recruitment application deadline), and work was insane because my boss was preparing for a 4-6 week trial that starts Tuesday. And it's still the beginning of term. . . the stress hasn't even begun.
The worst part is that I actually enjoy this.
My other stress relievers include:
loud, violent video games
reading for pleasure
A hot bath with bubbles followed by a long massage from a very attractive person
A night of partying -dancing all night and socializing with friends I rarely get to see anymore is a fantastic stress reliever.
Playing with my cat
The majority of cases were from people taking Kava as well as drugs with a high known record of causing liver damage, such as alcohol.
Kava is safe as long as you don't have liver problems, and take reasonable doses, and not every day.
Interestingly, all the cases were in Germany... makes you wonder...
It can still be found in health food stores.
Separate names with a comma.