1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

SoundForge query

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by labRat, Mar 22, 2002.

1. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

My group here at work is looking into getting every member a license for SoundForge and I know a bunch of you guys have some / a lot of experience with the app. We are planning on getting everyone the 'Lite' version (XP Studio 5.0) and have one or two licenses for the full version. The only concern is that the Lite version may not have the functionality that we want and my question is:

Does anyone use or have used the Lite version (XP Studio) and are there any serious shortcomings to this version? Would the shortcomings be frivolous since we will also have one or two licenses of the full version?

I work in an acoustics engineering group and we would mainly use it for capturing and manipulating audio data for testing/evaluating speakers, mics and overall audio quality on cell-phone based products.

Thanks a bunch.

--craig

2. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

I'd check the Sonic Foundry website to see the product descriptions.

-- Jay aka Fut

3. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

yes, i did that but i am wondering if there are any differences that are noticeable that may not be so obvious looking at the specifications.

--craig

4. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

I've use both the full and lite versions regularly.
    If your company can drop the extra cash, I say get the full version.
    The Lite version is good, but it's missing a few features the full has like some effects, EQing etc.
    On more than one occasion I've been stuck using Lite at school and it couldn't do everything I wanted it to...which is kind of frustrating.