1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sound Forge Help

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by 2337lover, Mar 25, 2002.

1. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

I remember someone mentioning that you can spilt large .wav's into individual tracks via sound forge.

How would one do this?

Thanks.

2. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

I don't know about soundforge... but with SAW I just cut and pasted from the original to a new sound file. That way if it's a continuous mix, the separations are accurate.

3. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

What is SAW? I've never heard of it.

4. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

It's a crappy audio editing software, lol.

Anyways, if Soundforge is anything like SAW or Cooledit, you should be able to highlight the track you want, cut it, and paste it to a new file... and save it.

5. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

yeah, simply open the whole .wav file and just hilight what you want, copy it, open a new file, paste it in, and save.
    then delete the part that you created a new track of.

6. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

1. cut
    2. paste

7. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I used to have Sound Forge on my old PC with a component called "CD Architect" -- with that you could take a big .wav file (i.e. a set or whatever) and insert track breaks wherever you wanted. When I moved things to this PC, I lost the program (never had the original...) -- and my searches for this component keep coming up empty.

I'm now using Feurio -- does the same thing, with a cleaner interface and it's a lot simpler to master the learning curve on it.

http://www.feurio.com/English/Download/

Hope that helps

8. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Sonic foundry has a soundforge plugin called CD architect, which enables you to splice with markers and burn right from the software... it worked amazinly well and i loved it. But it didn't work in windows 2k when I upgraded it.

Don't cut and paste your tunes to split them.. that's a waste of time.

Just use nero, select audio CD, import your wav file, right click on it, go to properties, index splits & limits, and do your work there.

Once you spliced your file, select all the individual tracks it has split your wav into, right click, properties, and change the 2 second gap to 0.

Burn away.

9. SlipperyPete

OTIS IS A SLOW TYPER

10. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

Nero worked great.

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.

11. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

this is true..

just waking up diddn't help either..

12. SlipperyPete

oh....i just thought you were retarded :p

**flees**

13. AshG

AshG Member

Not my thread but thanks for the advice.
    I've downloaded Feurio but I don't see where I can drop track markers... or am i just being obtuse?
    I suspect obtusity.
    Still, your help here would be appreciated.
    thanks.

14. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

BTW pete,

I've got a version of CD Architect hosted online if you want it..

email me..

djotis@djotis.net

15. SlipperyPete

Thanks Rob, but Feurio does everything I want it to

Ash:

Open the CD Manager
    You'll see an explorer window on the left, and 2 panes on the right
    In the top pane, click "New" -- name it whatever you want
    Then click "Add wave file" - choose the source file(s) (.wav or .mp3)
    That opens a new dialogue -- "add files" for whatever you want (you'll want to extract .mp3s, it makes editing faster)

Then click on 'track editor' in the bottom right corner, this opens a new window.
    Use ctrl-t to drop in track markers.

Hit OK when you're done, that returns you to the Manager window. Burn from there.

16. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

just listen to your giant waveform, and press 'M' wherever you want a track break.
    then convert markers to regions
    tools->extract regions.