1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

some people take shit waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by deep, Mar 21, 2002.

1. deep

deep TRIBE Member

2. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

shut up baked deep.

3. deep

deep TRIBE Member

you're one of them, aren't you?

4. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

We're a proud bunch.

5. deep

deep TRIBE Member

cloak

I WIN

6. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

I remember when RPS used to mean something, man.

It was like the ultimate battle, ya know, like this test of all you knew about humans.

Oh, know, wait... that was something else... uh, fuck... memory loss... where am I?

7. PosTMOd

Nowadays the kids used fucking planets instead of rocks, giant sheets of Kevlar instead of paper, and razors the size of Texas, with missiles and shit.

Sucks now.

8. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

you're old skool man...ooooooolllll skooolll....reprazent. keep the vibe alive.

9. PosTMOd

You want a knuckle sammich?

10. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

The RPS Magician or How to meet Girls* with RPS

Imagine the great fun you can have in order to meet members of the opposite sex using the principles you just learned in the "Surprise Game" strategy A variation of this play will allow you to impress anyone (friends or strangers) with your dazzling playing ability and skills. The best place for this is often a crowded bar where there are lots of other distractions about. First scout out your intended victim in the exact same way as you would with the "Surprise Game Strategy". Then before you play, find a group of patrons you want to impress (this especially works well as an ice breaker to introduce yourself to a group of girls) In this variation, boast to the group about how good your RPS skills are. In fact, they are so good that not only will you win the next game that you play but you can tell them beforehand what your as-yet-to-be named opponent will play (rock). Imagine the disbelief that will result from such a bold statement of claim! At this point go up to your victim and use the "Surprise Game Strategy". Remember to keep both the fists in view so your audience can witness your amazing victory. Now that you have broken the ice with your newfound friends and impressed them with your skills they may want you to show them this trick to even more of their friends. Always remember the old magician's adage, "Never repeat a trick and never tell them how it is done". If the temptation to attempt the trick again is too strong or if you are forced into a situation where members of the "audience" will see the trick twice, reposition your claim by instead tell them that you will win playing "paper".

Note: If you are using this technique to meet girls please do not choose one of their friends as the intended victim. Making one of their friends look bad via public embarrassment can cause problems and potentially lead to spontaneous outburst in your direction.

*While certainly girls could employ this tactic to meet boys, we have found that it is rarely necessary for girls to have to go to these great lengths to meet guys for the simple reason that most guys are usually attracted to any girl that plays RPS. The best strategy for a girl wanting to meet guys with RPS is simply to walk up to an attractive guy and ask for a game. An unattached male will rarely reject such a tempting offer.

Geez, i'll have to try that one next time, "hey, your pretty cute, wanna play some rock paper sisscors?"
    ohh baby
    Dave

11. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

bart: good ole rock, nothing beats that.

lisa: poor predictable bart, always picking rock.

RPS CONTEST ENSUES....

Bart: DOH!!

peace

12. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

werd.

13. PosTMOd

The rock from RPS is just a step away from being a knuckle sammich. That's what always scared me about that game.

Oh, know, wait... that was a different game... uh, fuck, memory loss... where am I?

14. PosTMOd

it'd be nice if I stopped typing "know" instead of "now" or "no".

fuck, memory loss... where am I? what am I doing?

15. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

bwahahahahahahaha
    that reminds me of an RPS battle that we had on our last camping trip over who got the good place for their tent. psyche warfare at it's finest.

16. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

it would appear there is too much..err...K...in your sentence.

17. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

his nose must be feeling empty then!

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
    HAHAHHSAHSHHASHAHShahshasdlkHHADS:"SA
    DL
    "SAD
    LOLOLOLLOLL
    ROOFLESSSDLK:SDJJADSO GNOS!!@@091312321

hahaehhehaheheh

wokka wokka

and so on...

18. Access

Access TRIBE Member

I love that little flash video they have on the site there with the random games looped. like its supposed to make the games look more dramatic with the big "SCISSORS WINS" or "STALEMATE".

19. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i hate the knuckle game..

you know, where two people hold their knuckles together and one guy tries to them before the other guy moves, and if you flinch you get a free shot..

ya that game sucked

and so did mercy fights..

20. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Ok.

Who here agrees that RPS is ALWAYS best two out of three?

21. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

are you suggesting that the worldrps association plays it a different way ?
    the horror!

22. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

haha that site is too funny....

RPS has been a major part of many decisions in my life.
    If I can't decide on something (which is pretty often,.. I'm a bit flakey sometimes) it is my deciding factor :)!
    sad - but true..

23. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

actually, in japan, a lot of things are settled by playing rock, paper, scissors. guys and gals will have a game of rock, paper, scissors to decide what kind of drink to get.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

24. j-Hi

j-Hi TRIBE Member

I have an important (best of three) RPS game coming up next month...it will decide which room I get in my summer place. If I win, I get the nice, big room...if I lose, I get the closet-sized room.

I need a strategy!!

25. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Use paper for the first one. Pretend you really don't know how to play...then on the first draw, drop the paper. He'll almost be certain you'll go with rock....then go with scissors.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*