So.. who's eligable for medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by OTIS, Jan 12, 2002.

1. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I think the estimation is 2.5 million people will be eligable to receive medcal marijuana when they begin distributing it in a few months..

Anyone?
    Bueler?

-OTIS

2. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

otis how's the glaucoma treating you these days? [​IMG]

3. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

2.5 million? they're actually going to distribute, or make it available to 2.5 million people?

if that is true.....then ho-lee-shit there will be lots of pot floating around out there.

4. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

It's still considered last resort, so in order to get approved for use, you have to be quite sick.

The process is quite involved and long, and I doubt more than a few hundred people-- more than who have section 56 exemptions right now-- will be using it legally for medicinal purposes.

I'm looking forward to the government starting Phase I trials: these involve healthy volunteers to assess safety...

Until Phase I's are finished, there will not be much movement on this front.

Phase II involves actual patients, so after these are completed, that's when there will be a huge increase in medical marijuana users, especially if a better dosage form becomes available.

5. PosTMOd

By Phase I and Phase II, I mean clinical trials.

Phase I: safety studies in healthy volunteers... up to a hundred

Phase II: safety and efficacy in patient populations (up to a few hundred)

Phase III: larger patient population (a few hundred to a few thousand)

Phase IV: postmarketing... ongoing studies after the drug hits the market... effectiveness instead of efficacy (the former referring to controlled lab settings, the latter to actual "real world" data).

6. PosTMOd

reverse those... efficacy refers to data from controlled clinical studies, and effectiveness to "real world".

7. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

you FDA beurocrat.

stop suxoring echidna cock for employment

8. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

what kind of marijuana do these people get?

is it issue by the government?

for the longest time i've been hearing about this strain of weed called G-13. Appaerently this is the most potent and concetrated type of bud you can get, and its only issued by the government for chemotherapy patients....anybody have the answers to my questions?..

9. graham

graham Well-Known Member

you'd figure they have enough anecdotal pre-clinical evidence to go straight to phase II, knock 6-12 months off the process. But I guess not.

10. PosTMOd

Government weed is shit, and they know fuck-all about growing it... and NO, you won't find it on the street-- you will find dealers peddling it alongside the "clinical acid tabs", and the "e with heroin", and all that nonsense...

B.C. bud is the best in the west... but those kids in Amsterdam, they know what's going on...

11. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

according to the cannabis cup, G-13 (government issue) used to be the best, but then something called *white rhino* came in and took over....

just something I heard....

12. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

They get pre-rolled joints manufactured in Flim Flam, Manitoba. They can request straight up weed, but for the most parts it's coming in pre-rolled format. The place where they're grown has higher security than the CDC buildings where Anthrax and Small Pox virii are kept.

From a few reports that I've seen or heard, the weed that they're growing is actually weaker than the stuff that's available on most streets. At least... that's what some compassion centres are saying.

Pete

13. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

Mmmm pot

my favourite vice [​IMG]

~allie~

14. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

ok compared to these pesky chronic migranes..

how's your.. uhhh... gout?

[​IMG]

Anyone have any articles on the subject?
    The media for the most part has been pretty quiet about it.

-OTIS

15. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

Will chronic migrane sufferers be eligible??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

pleasepleaseplease??

=tina=

16. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I hope so.. it's the easiest to fake.. I mean.. fuck it.. FAKE!

-OTIS

17. PosTMOd

It might have been called "government issue", but then again, I've had pills that had Mitsubishi stamped on them, and I'm quite sure they weren't issued by any car manufacturer...

Besides, the government clowns are notoriously shitty at making anything good...

18. PosTMOd

The G-13 strain is mythically thought to originally come from a Mississippi government strain... the name: g = government and the 13 = for [M]arijuana, "M" being the thirteenth letter of the alphabet... it was also featured in the movie "American Beauty"...

"High Times Magazine claims that this plant eas tested at 27.2% THC (see January 1999 Issue). When we flower our plants at the same time the g13 starts to produce heavy amounts of resin way before any other plants we try. It finishes in under 45 days with so much resin that light handling of finished buds produces lots of finger hash.
    Quality of high is so satisfying we don't want to smoke anything else. 2 to 3 tokes is all you need for an exceptional long lasting + unique high (even chronic smokers like me)."

19. PosTMOd

20. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

Mmmm... chemo.

Wheelchair.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

If i were to claim I had some fucked up disease, do you thnk they'd take my word for it?

22. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

absolutely

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

dazed has leprosy!

24. Guest

Guest Guest

actually It's elephantitis of my left nut. Weighs close to 35 pounds now.

25. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

during his hockey game there was a face off in the corner