1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sleeping @ work!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by poker face, Mar 28, 2002.

1. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Anyone else ever spent the night at work before?

I just woke up from a power nap on the Boardroom couch!

lee <--- life sucks right now!

2. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Sounds like someone needs a long espresso to wake them up.

Sorry to hear, Lee.

-- Jay aka Fut

3. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Or a shot of Jager! :)

4. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

don't even ask.

5. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

When I used to work at Q107 I used to work a 15 or 16 hour shift and then sleep on the couch and go back to work. I would do this for about two or three days at a time. I got used to it after a while. It became sort of convenient. Less travel time and free food from the staff kitchen.

jeremy -if only sleeping were a job in itself- jive

6. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

i've often considered bringing my thermarest to work - just in case i need a nap or to spend the night

7. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

It would be alright if i had a shower here because right now I stink like a Trout!

8. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

i would recommend that you at least run to a nearby store and grab some deodorant....i can smell you from here, and i'm in guelph!! ;)

9. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

I'm the sleeping at work king!!

After lunch I usually put my head down at my desk for 15-20 minutes and actually do pass out. People make fun of me but I'm a hell of a lot more productive the rest of the day.

I work at a law firm and there's a sleeping room up on the 50th floor. Yup, it has 5 huge couches, is dark, cool and very quiet, after a long night I'll pop up there in the morning for an hour and crash. Just tell everyone I'm going to see a user or I have a meeting. It's fantastic.

I love sleep, I wish there was a way to bottle it. It's my favourite thing in the whole world, even ahead of sex, herb, hip hop and basketball...nothing keeps me from my sweet, precious sleep.

10. Loopster

Loopster TRIBE Member

Methinks you belong in Sunkist's tread ... :p

11. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

After Bittersweet I went directly to work, as I had to start in about 2 hours, and thought I'd be smart and NOT go home and take the risk of not waking up to my alarm.

So instead, I go to work, sit in a booth and pass out, only to be woken up an hour after I and my co-worker should have started (he doesn't have keys) by he and the Bar manager who lives upstairs coming in talking about wondering where I was.

I immediately pulled the I wasn't sleeping routine, to no avail.

BBB.

I'm a bit of a fuck-up. :D

12. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

last week at work we had a conference about how Microsoft was taking over Great Plains accounting software, and I fell asleep for a good half hour during the presentation.

getting paid to sleep is great.

13. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

^^^ getting paid to sleep is nice but I am on salary!

14. nleye10d1

nleye10d1 TRIBE Member

I would close my door to my office and sleep but people usually knock and wonder why my office is closed.

I have one of those big comfy chairs so I just leave my door open and snooze away. I can hear somebody coming usually because I'm a light sleeper.

One of these hungover work days I'm going to be so zoned somebody is going to catch me sleeping. Oh well. Caveat Emptor. Or in this case, sleep the day.

15. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

The best is to keep 3 or 4 layers of bubble wrap under your desk. Then all you have to do is lie down and put your jacket over you head and goodnight!

16. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

I need to go to sleep right now - this very second :(.
    I feel like ass, I only got like 2 hours last night and need to go HOME :mad:!
    I need HP to get one of those sleeping rooms.... I also need today to end immediately!

17. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

You mean "Carpe Diem." I think "Caveat Emptor" means "buyer beware." :)

~jen

18. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

hehe...I don't know spelling, but actually that's Seize the day not Sleep the day. ;)

19. nleye10d1

nleye10d1 TRIBE Member

Bah to my Latin skills. Let the Buyer Beware works, too.

Carp isn't the tastiest of fish, anyway. I think I should retract any of my foreign expressions (what's the name of that literary term?) from my further statements.

I don't have the savoir-faire to able to produce such linguistic models, ad nauseum.

20. nleye10d1

nleye10d1 TRIBE Member

Hence my correction of "In this case."

Come on people, read into it a little more!

21. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I used to go take naps in the stockroom at Shoppers after going to parties. I slept all through high school AND college. Now, I can say that life (work) is so much more enjoyable when you do it well-rested.

Ming.

22. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

I did too!! I worked at a Shoppers Drugmart in Cabbagetown and found the stockroom in the basement heaven. A friend I worked with and I would use diaper boxes to make large throne-like beds, and take turns napping all day.

23. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

hahahaha!
    Fuck. Classic. :D

24. slar

slar TRIBE Member

Yeah reminds me of the "old" days when I used to go out LATE on week-nights...

...there has been more than one time that I spent my lunch hour actually sleeping in the car (so no one @ work would see me snoozing)

25. smile

smile TRIBE Member

hey, those are all my favorite things too.

now if you were only a girl.....let's stop right there.