1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Slammin Sounds

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by xtcfreak, Sep 23, 2001.

1. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Another party at the royal.. i like this place.. Why was this party 35$ @ the door?? I was thinking because they realized they lost alot of money on this party. Good luck for the next one [​IMG]

Djs.. i didn't like many of the sets there, SOS didn't play, and nobody was dancing!

Did anyone else notice that the vibe REALLY sucked? Sorry, but, i just didn't have a good time. It could have been me, i would like to hear everyone else's opinion!

Jay

2. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

Yeah the vibe did suck ... but that's what happens when you have more narcs the party kids there ... more later

stu

3. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly TRIBE Promoter

I really REALLY liked my set.
    4:30 - 5:30 in.da.am.

cheers to the break circle that formed.

4. Destiny Productions

Destiny Productions TRIBE Promoter

You wouldn't be fishing now would you Marty? hehe

OS

5. gurlie

gurlie TRIBE Member

I had a grand time!
    The venue was great..nice and roomy upstairs a little stuffy downstairs but you can't have it all!

Great job Slammin Sounds Crew [​IMG]

Sarah
    [​IMG]
    http://vidman.ca

6. Korruption

Korruption TRIBE Member

i had an aight time last night. the set of the night had to belong to lady bass. she was dropping some crazy tracks. i was pissed at the fact that spock came on at like 4:30 just as everybody started to clear out but for 20 bucks i cant complain

im out

7. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

come to think of it, i really think there were lots of narks.. ugh! oh well.. sorry marty, only caught a minute of your set, by then i was sweating bullets and needed to cool off.. no worries, i know you always get that floor moving crazy!

Jay

8. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

This party was okay
    I liked the fact that it was at Palis Royale because I've never bee to a party there before
    So that made it a little better
    Got there just in time to catch Frisky throw down a pretty good set that had me dancing a bit
    Then came the first disappointment of the night ...
    Grimace came on by himself
    One of the reasons I went was to see Grimace go back2back with Dominik
    So I was kinda pissed at that
    Grimace played an alright set but it bored me a little so I just went outsdie and chilled for a bit
    Up next was Dominik, disappointment #2
    This was the first time I've seen Dominik spin live in almost a year and a half
    And as usual he was amazing behind the decks
    Although his track selection left much to be desired
    Frolic was up next and he gets the set of the night
    A wicked set with lots of new tunes which kept me and the whole crowd moving
    Once Frolic was down I decided I had had enough and left
    Props to Represent Reocrds for actaully going through with the party after loosing their original venue
    And doing a pretty good job at it
    But the vibe just wasn't there ... which took a lot away from what could have been a swet party

stu

9. MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly TRIBE Promoter

fishing? IM not 100% sure what that is.

what I wrote.. is just how I felt with regards to my set.

10. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

hehe no worries marty..he meant were you fishing for compliments... he was joking [​IMG]

Dave

11. SpinSugar

SpinSugar TRIBE Member

we actually walked right into this party- no lineup. i thought that was kinda weird- figured it out when i saw the ghost town inside. i was like "pfft- more dancespace for me". but it got kind of old.....i actually saw frisky's set for once......good times...dominik and grimace were awesome though. i haven't seen dominik for sooooo long! so that was good.......uh.....what else- oh yeah- anabolic was wicked like he always is. he didn't play my song though. but he did play like a prayer! [​IMG]

i had fun at this party, but i didn't enjoy 35 bucks at the door. and the vibe was kinda weak......why was no one dancing for the headliner??? and it was soooooo sketch! oh well........3 stars. [​IMG]

plur.......sugar

12. Korruption

Korruption TRIBE Member

13. Korruption

Korruption TRIBE Member

14. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

My pics are up. Similar to Marty, I too really like my set. Fish are disgusting. Spock was kick-ass.

[​IMG]

-=dån=-

15. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Dan: that's a really good picture of Alex.

I wish I could have gone to see him.. we still chat. I miss him.