Siblings Who Get Along - Is it rare????

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by neva_far, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm scared.

2. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye TRIBE Member

I usually don't find that..

My brother and I got along great. He's 19 and i'm 21. Growing up we rarely had a fight. My mother thought it was great because she could take us on a vacation and not worring about us getting violent with each other. When ever he did attack me i'd laugh and well, that would make him more angry. heh :)

3. j bunny 2000

j bunny 2000 TRIBE Member

yes Boo i am from Miltonia!! i lived there since i was in grade 10, maybe we crossed paths...pretty hard not to in that place =)
    I live in london now for school but i summer there!

Cheers
    Jess :D

4. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I think that maybe some people just have it in their heads that fighting/not getting along with siblings is normal, which is why when they see other siblings get along, they question their own relationship. My sister and I fought all the time when we were little. Once we got into a fist fight in the middle of K-Mart, it was nuts. I must have been no more than eight (I think) and she was 11, and we beat the shit out of each other in front of a store full of people.

Now? We're civil to each other but sometimes we argue over stupid stuff. I'll do anything for her, she's my big sis and as much as she doesn't believe it, I do look out for her. No siblings ever get along perfectly all the time, what kind of house do you live in? The Cleaver Household?

siblings are annoying but fun when you get along

vench

5. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

i'm 25, and my bro is 23. we get along great. the older you get the better it gets. when we were growing up, we got along alright, as good as two sibling would get. only a few real fist fights which is pretty good. he actually got me into partying a few years back. if it wasn't for him, i probably wouldn't have discovered the sweetness of house music for a quite a while, maybe not at all. we go clubbing together, it's all good and i'll never stop looking out for him.

peace

6. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

I think the common denominator with the getting along with the sibling thing is the moving out and no longer living together in the same house with them thing.

People are generally a lot easier to get along with if you don't have to deal with them 24/7.

7. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

BTW, for the record, I get along *great* with my sister.

Especially since she's no longer living in the same country.

:D

8. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

not necessarly. my and my bro got along in the same house. i think it's a matter of how much you have in common.

peace

9. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

I am 23, my brother is 26.
    We have lived in the same house for 20 years until he moved to the Arcitc and now lives in England.

During those years of growing up, we fought, and I mean stopped talking to each other fought, 3 times. That's it. We get along wonderfully and always will.

I miss you dumbass.:(

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I was actually closer with my older sister when we lived together. We always said that we were "weekday best friends" when we were in high school. We had our own groups of friends on weekends, but on school nights we'd always do shit together. Then she moved away to university and we lost that bond a bit. We still get along really well and hang out sometimes, but it's not quite the same.

11. sugar

sugar TRIBE Member

My sister and I are only 22 months apart. Growing up, that meant that we were as close as two kids can be...with all that that entails.

We fought pretty much all the time--her instigating me cuz she knew all the buttons to push (and I get annoyed REALLY easily), and me throwing anything I could back at her, in a feeble attempt to get to her. Alas, she is a tough chick. Nothing I did could ever match how much she got to me.

I hit, punched, bit, scratched, kicked, dug my nails into her skin, pulled off all the sheets on her bed and trashed her room...the list goes on and on.

I feel most sorry for the things I said to her. "I wish you were dead" was by far the most common. "You're the cause of all my problems" was popular too.

She just didn't care though, or so she tried to make me think. And that made me even more mad.

One time I went to my mom in an utter rage, convinced that something had to be done: my sister just could not live there anymore...she had to be sent away. Of course my mother did not agree...

But we were also built-in playmates for one another. On vacations we got along wonderfully...giggling in our hotel room til all hours of the night, playing in the sand together, making up "imagination games" and plays.

Since my sister went away to Halifax for her first year of university a few years ago, and now that I have moved out (and she's moved back in), we get along a million times better. She still gets on my nerves sometimes and I still try to boss her around sometimes, but in general we do get along well. We have both matured and learned that our relationship is special, and that we should try to enjoy our time together.

I'm thankful that I have a sister so close in age that I've been able to share everything with, and I'm happy that we've grown to appreciate each other :)

12. mutslaster

mutslaster TRIBE Member

i agree...
    my brother is my roommate AND a best friend, and yes, of course we sometimes argue about petty stupid house things but we pull it off pretty well overall. but this is largely because we're interested in the same things, we like the same kinds of people, and all of our friends get along.
    whether or not this is common i still like to think that we get along uncommonly well :)

13. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

us too. it's pretty cool ain't it??

peace

14. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

My brother is 22 and I'm 19. When we were growing up we fought all the time.

Now it's very rare.

Go figure.

15. jellibeen

jellibeen TRIBE Member

My brother and I get along well and for the most part always have. But I think being only 11 months apart made us able to relate to each other easily.

16. Cydome

Cydome TRIBE Member

Me and my sister used to never get along, like someone said way back there, we were like night and day. Then I started smoking weed, which she had done for years. Then we started smoking weed together and we both found out how much like each other we were despite our different "lifestyles". Thank you weed, for bringing me and my sister closer together! Oh yeah, I was 21 and she was 19 when this happened.

CY :)

17. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

I love you Weed!

18. tella

tella TRIBE Member

i have two olders sisters. the oldest is 25, sandra is 23 and i'm 21. growing up we rarely got along. they didnt fight with eachother nearly as much as they fought with me. my parents used to dread school holidays (esp. march break) because they knew there was a strong chance that one of them would have to come home from work to keep us from killing eachother. fast forward a few years and everything is hunky dory now. i value my sisters sosososoososososo much and don't know what i would do without them.

i think it all comes down to maturity as well (like someone else said). when you're younger you don't realize how important family is (at least i never did). i sort of regret wasting all those years fighting with them but you live and learn i guess....

19. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

Summer in Milton :) i could think of a million places I'd rather summer in. But ya I went to BR, lived near Tonelli arena. I have quite a few friends still there but try to stay away from the Mil-town... you know cause its boring as hell ;)

I think I'm actually going there today though to see my dad, can't stay away forever :D

20. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Me and my brother are 21 months apart.

I'm 19, he's 17, and we get along fine. We still fight about stupid shit, but other than that, we're cool :)

21. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

me and my sis have always gotten along great, even though im an irritating cunt to her (even today, heh heh) but we've never had some huge uber-fights in which we wouldn talk to each other or something.
    we dont share much common interests, but some of our own interests do tend to rub off onto each other. she's gotten used to my techno stuff and even likes some stuff :)
    our adventurous spirit when it comes to food rubs off on each other as we always try some new food that the other must.
    her fashionable tastes rubbed off on me propelling me into a fashion whore, and i usually tag along with her when she goes shoppign so i can give her my opinion. i've taught her the basics of spinning. i've learnt a lot about women from her. i help her out with her man problems (i am her GUT, as in gut feeling :D ), we get along great.

some of my friends think its weird that we sometimes do stuff together like movie nights or shopping, cause they woudl never be seen in public. silly white kids.
    must be a latino thing? my dad and his siblings all get along super well.

my sister is comfortable enough to tell me just about anything about her personal life, coming to me for advice and such. that must be why i get along with girls so much better than with most guys.
    im more reserved though...i dont open up to her much, but thats cause i think that the world is out to get me.
    but we get along great, even though we are very much opposites in certain aspects.
    you could call her a conservative gina. i am a crazy raver.
    shes studies math and science. im an artist and a writter.
    i do her university essays.
    she helps me with my math and chemistry.

sure shes a bitch sometimes. and im an annoying geek. but we never get angry that we wouldnt speak at each other.

p[l]a+0

22. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

Im 20, I have a sister who is 24 and a brother who is 27... no, we have not always gotten along, but now I consider them some of my closest friends. Of course, we all fight at times, but we're all equally crazy, ridiculous whatever in our own ways. On the whole though, we get along brilliantly - we all like the same music though, and Im sure that helps.

23. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

haha, its so funny to hear others talk about miltass in such a spiteful way. I used to live there, I went to BR as well and I know that JBunny 2000 too well (hahah jess). But Ive gotten the hell out of there and no longer summer there as a rule (too many bad memories and times). I also lived near Tonelli, but right in front of the fairgrounds...

24. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

oh btw, i forgot to mention my sister, Kenya is 4 years my senior.

p[l]a+0