1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

.Sfv files...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SneakyPete, Mar 26, 2002.

1. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

What do they do and how do I use them? I thing I have an idea, but I need more info.

Pete

2. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

SFV is a CRC check to verify that files aren't corrupted. Use something like WinSFV or PDSFV to use an SFV file.

-- Jay aka Fut

3. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

I use QuickSFV for my files... does the same thing as all the others but I like it better for some reason. I set it so i just click on a .sfv file and it checks the directory and spits out any errors.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Mouse/4668/

4. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

So basically all it does is check whether the file was downloaded properly? I should've made my original question more clear, how does it work in relation to mp3 files, as some sets that I've downloaded came with a .sfv file?

Pete

5. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

If you use an sfv checker, it will do a crc check of the files listed in the sfv and match the crc generated against the crc written in the file. If they match, then there has been no corruption of the file. If they don't match, then the file is corrupted or not complete, or something to that effect.

-- Jay aka Fut