1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sexy Beast

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by noahmintz, Mar 16, 2002.

1. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

So I finally saw this last night ... and honestly I think it's a little bit overrated
    The story line was alright ... but it got extremely predictable at the end ... I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet
    The acting was okay ... Ben Kingsley did an excellent job ... but his character got very annoying
    The rest of the acting was okay too I guess
    Now ... The One on the other hand (which I also saw last night) kicks ass!
    It's probablly Jet Li's best North American movie to date
    The special effects and fight scenes were amazing
    The story was fairly original
    And to top it all off Jason Statham is one of the co-stars
    If you like action movies I'd definately watch this

stu

2. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i agree....boring-ing-ing-ing-ing once you figured out who the characters were the movie was 100% predictable.

3. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

I liked the fillm. Very much.

I laughed, I cried, I peed my pants... it was better than Cats.

4. Magnolia Fan

Magnolia Fan TRIBE Member

Balls. I should have bought the one back when it was 20 bucks

5. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I really wanna see this flick.

Ben Kingsley's the boss.

6. I really enjoyed this movie. It made my top 10 of 2001, despite the fact that it's a bit older. Ben Kingsley did an awesome job of taking on the role of Don Logan and Ray Winstone did even better, showing a man in a shit situation that's only going to get shittier. The best thing about the film, I thought, was the direction and look of the film. At the orgy, when the water is coming down in the background and the guy is convulsing, was an image that really resonnated with me, as was the plumes of steam going up the walls in the steam bath near the end. I found it to be superior to Gangster No. 1.

From the Ministry of difference

Prime Minister Highsteppa