1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sasha & Digweed at Sona

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Illogistix, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Maybe they jacked up the BPMs after I left (5:30) but I was very dissappointed in these two...most boring shit I ever witnessed in years....

Thank god I didn`t have to shell out any bones to get in - If I had to pay $120 for me and my girl I would have been quite displeased.

`Maybe someone else who is more into these guys would think different - but I have taken shits that were more exciting then that.....

I gotta give respect to the MTL crew - the girls are so fly I wonder why we can get more of them to move to T.O. Something about those french ladies....they know the score!

Sona was definitely fun - I felt like I was in a time warp - back to 97 styles.

If anyone is trying to find what ever happened to the T.O. scene from 5 years ago - its in Montreal now....

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll say this: Word brother*

*attitude in MTL is so much more laid back. It's just a "let's go off our heads and worry about it tomorrow" kinda attitude. If you're going out, you best go hard. Otherwise stay home.

I like that.

3. organik

organik TRIBE Member

I didn't go but I heard the same thing, it was a sleepfest.

All I have to say is that they better not pull that shit over here or they'll be hearing some BOO's from me... and may a flying water bottle to the head!

4. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Sasha & Digweed at Sona

They best not be boring next week!

5. kennyboy

kennyboy TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Sasha & Digweed at Sona

When aren't they. Technically they are 2 of the best, but for me, it's like going to the opera. I appreciate it for what it is, but I find it boring as hell. Way to sterile. I think these 2 need to lighten up, big time. Someone should tell them it's OK to have a good time.

6. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sasha & Digweed at Sona

i can't speak for digweed, but sasha def knows how to have a good time.
    have u not heard about his reputation?

sasha at meow/element remains the best night out i've ever had.

7. kennyboy

kennyboy TRIBE Member

I should have been more specific.
    Sasha parties like very few others from what I hear. Digweed looks like he's going to fall asleep some times when he's on the decks.

8. huggs946

huggs946 TRIBE Member

best vibe @ sona in years.

haven't seen the place reek of that much sex since hawtin in june of 2000.

this one goes down in the books.

-JVM was boring as fuck with his ambient breaks set...fool doesn't understand the MTL attitude(hurry up, get to the point already!)

-JD was his usual class act of a self

-Sasha started off OK but got too cracked out by the end of the night and ended messin up a few mixes

I wouldn't miss these guys...cause this may be the last time that they tour together;)