Safest maximum dose of Ephedrine?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by echootje, Jan 14, 2002.

1. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

Somebody oughta have access to some clinical data?

Rob

2. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

testing limits are we?

[​IMG]

3. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

30mg / Pill?

4. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

LOL

No, I'm actually obtaining some advice for a friend I'm afraid might not be aware of the limits.

Rob

(actually I'm feeding it to squirrels j/k)

5. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

"safest"?
    i.e. most an individual has done and not stroked from? or 'recommended daily intake'?

i did 7 or 8 on NYE and was pretty damn mangled, and super-tweaked the next day. no stroke that night [​IMG], yet probably pretty unsafe.

6. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

I wouldn't go over 4 per swallow.

No idea how safe that is though, when half a pill every 8 hours is the recommended dosage.

7. Quirkz

Quirkz TRIBE Member

30mg is the recommended safe daily doseage, for what little that's worth..

Obviously it'll depend on health, tolerance, and other factors..

8. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

well... the Canadian FDA wants to pull all products off the shelves whcih contain moe the 8mg of ephidrine per dose.

pure ephidrine is usually sold in 25mg tablets.

If you're taking more then 2 of these a night mixed with other things you could be seriously damaging your heart.

based on the above tidbits, you make the call on whats too much.

Peace & love. D

9. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Eat the whole bottle and put on some Speedcore!!!!

10. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

I've taken 10X25mg, with 10X200mg caffeine, and survived... over the course of a day... don't recommend this to anyone...

Most taken at once: 25mg X 6, with 3 X 200mg caffeine... again, not recommended...

I have a high tolerance to stimulants, so take those numbers and divide by 3 at least to get a high end number for someone not as stupid as me...

11. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

omg I can't stop ravin'

12. deep

deep TRIBE Member

LD50 (dosage required to kill 50% of subjects) is 9 mg per kg bodyweight for humans.

1 lb. = 2.2 kg

Even before death you would be very uncomfortable approaching even half of that.

13. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

So fat people can do more drugs?

14. deep

deep TRIBE Member

It depends on a lot of factors, really. LD50 is just a number. For example if someone has a history of hypertension, heart problems, etc. in their family the risk goes up. To answer your question a fat person may not be able to handle as much as a comparatively less obese person if their cardiovascular system is in poorer shape.

15. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

What about a fat guy in shape? [​IMG]

pr0nstar

16. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Studies done on obese women using ephedrine for fat loss purposes have used as much as 75mg of ephedrine per dose, three doses per day, over a course of 12 months without problem.

17. deep

deep TRIBE Member

what shape, round?

18. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Oblique!

19. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

Opaque?

20. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

Obtuse?

21. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

Obstetrician?
    [​IMG]

22. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Also, most studies have caffeine on top, as there is a synergy...

1) 20 week study: ...those weighing less than 80 kg took one tablet three times (100 mg caffeine/ 10 mg eph per tablet), whereas those weighing more than 80 kg took two tablets three times per day

2)8 week study:...supplement with 72 mg/day ephedrine alkaloids and 240 mg/day caffeine

3) 24-week trial: obese patients all receiving an ephedrine/caffeine combination (20 mg/200 mg) three times a day...

ALWAYS START LOW, AND GO FROM THERE... one 25mg ephedrine, and 200mg caffeine is plenty for most people...

HEALTH CANADA IS EXAGERRATING THE DANGERS... MUCH LIKE THE PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE SCARE LAST YEAR...

23. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

one of my friends took 12 or 14 ephedrine (25mg) in one night last year....it was spaced out over like 8 hours, it was also combined with 'other' pills. he didn't die but it may have been the sketchiest experience of his life. [​IMG]

24. TuRtL[-

TuRtL[- TRIBE Member

15x25mg will make you vomit your brains out unless you eat

25. deep

deep TRIBE Member

go to bed rosey