1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

roll call....dj die.....bou!!!

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by Nebu kad, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

who's going??

I'll be there with some of my waterloo mates. I'm sure nuff people will be there is people are comming from waterloo....

http://www.pirateshipkru.ca

2. Tricky kid

Tricky kid TRIBE Member

i am going to die

yeeeeaaaahhhhh

going to be sick

boo

3. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

110% as allways...

this is one of the last turbo nights from us, syndicate, and syrous in all likelyhood, so come out and lets make the final memories good ones, yah?

one love.

tack one?
    www.torontojungle.com

4. ComplexCrown

ComplexCrown TRIBE Member

going...going(unless I don't go to my friends work party)....me thinks it'll be a good turnout that night

5. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

ROLL CALL FORUM!
    NOW YOURE GOING TO DIE!!!
    oh.. wait.. you already are going to die..

Thread police is on guard

6. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

7. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

^^^^ yup...pretty much man.

poor turnouts lead to end of club nights.

nobody supports on local nights, and no promoter can afford the THOUSANDS of dollars required to bring in out of towners each week...

fin.

8. tella

tella TRIBE Member

at least you'll be going out with a bang!

i'll be there front row center.

9. kul-kat

kul-kat TRIBE Member

what about stakka and skynet????

10. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

They're still booked to play...but concider the date...that's not far off...and I said ONE OF the last nights...

it's ending soon though...might as well remember it for what it was.

11. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Just decided I'll be there.

Tack, check you're e-mail bro...

12. kul-kat

kul-kat TRIBE Member

that's shitty. i'ii definitely be remembering some good times there.

13. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

No!
    Please dont!!
    Dont close turbo!!
    What am i supposed to do now?
    I'll be homeless....

What if we all help you guys to flier or anything? like help promoting the night... is there any chance you could reconsider?

14. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

awwww...that stinks man...I can relate to the sentiment though. I've spent at LEAST 2 weeks of EVERY month there since it opened...many many nites.

I really have ZERO say or controll over whether it stays or goes Alex...wish I did.

I'm just the type of dude to tell it like it is if possible....never got down with the secrecy of all this shit.

hopefully this'll beget something just as good, yet fresh and new.

till friday.

15. --[Zirca]--

--[Zirca]-- TRIBE Promoter

Exactly! It's pretty pathetic too. Whenever a big headliner comes in, the majority of feedback is "Our locals killed DJ X,Y,Z", BUT whenever there is a local only night the turnout can be counted on my hands (yes, I'm exagerating a bit). UNTIL we surpass this longing to only go to events with big headliners, Canada will NEVER develop international DJ's (like the UK), because we just don't support them. The last 5 or so times I've been to Turbo over half of them have been local nights and they've been some of the best nights I've had at Turbo (no I'm not trying to say I'm the shit, b/c I support our locals and F*#K the rest of you...I'm just saying are locals are damn good so support them outside big events).

Later!
    Dan

16. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Exactly! It's pretty pathetic too. Whenever a big headliner comes in, the majority of feedback is "Our locals killed DJ X,Y,Z", BUT whenever there is a local only night the turnout can be counted on my hands (yes, I'm exagerating a bit). UNTIL we surpass this longing to only go to events with big headliners, Canada will NEVER develop international DJ's (like the UK), because we just don't support them. The last 5 or so times I've been to Turbo over half of them have been local nights and they've been some of the best nights I've had at Turbo (no I'm not trying to say I'm the shit, b/c I support our locals and F*#K the rest of you...I'm just saying are locals are damn good so support them outside big events).

Later!
    Dan

The fact of the matter is that our locals do kill most out-of-town Dj's, and it's really our responsibility to support them and to support the scene in general. Everyone is so fucking busy getting their hate on about the cost of cover, or the venue, or the people, that they are going to wake up one day, and it'll all be gone.. [​IMG]

We've gotta learn to appreciate the scene. We really are lucky to have it.

17. me

me TRIBE Member

...and miss barry weaver @ ELEMENT? Or will you be hitting both?

18. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Fuck!!
    I totally forgot.
    Maybe I will hit both.

19. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Of course I'll be there!

Rob

20. tella

tella TRIBE Member

dave!!! there is a chance i wont be driving tomorrow which means that your ass is staying at turbo. fuck barry weaver *gasp* the guy's been here like twice this year. die hasn't been here in 2 YEARS!

21. Tyler

Tyler TRIBE Member

Stakka and Skynet will be our last night at TURBO, but we will be moving Syrous Sessions night to another home soon.

22. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

i'll be there

too bad we can't bun in turbo or i'd offer to hook up with y'all for a session.

any suggestions? before. after?

23. 007

007 TRIBE Member

Holy S***

I haven't seen the Jungle room this busy in a while. As Tyler said, we will be leaving Turbo at the end of Nov. We will be re-locating soon! So you know that means tonight (and next week) are going to be memorable!

Why not? I'm going to! Just be careful! But I didn't say nothin'

Peace,
    MP

24. Kenxie

Kenxie TRIBE Member

You want to do what to that english muffin?

25. smile

smile TRIBE Member

yeah...i'll really miss all the thugged out crystalhead junglists when they're all gone.

[​IMG]