1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Residents night @ system jan.4

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by DJAlchemy, Jan 5, 2002.

1. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

I know big deal, another night at system. Now you ask: Derek, is a review REALLY necessary?

For the most part it was a typical night at system except for one small detail... I enjoyed Mark Scaife's set! I always love his tracks but find his mixing to just chug along at a steady pace, the progressive march. I'm not sure exactly what it was this time but there was something different. He had me dancing though and thats the important thing. [​IMG]

System sound bar has some new goodies for the new years it seems. The addition of a laser in the main room gives the bar one of the most elaborate lighting systems I've seen in a club this size, just don't go nuts with it boys.

The mens washroom now has an attendant. This addition would usually add a touch of class to a club... that is, if he didn't give you shit for not tipping him! I'm sorry, but I don't feel obligated to pay the guy for handing me a paper towell, at least not everytime I'm in the washroom. I really don't appreaciate the confrontation either.

and that is that.

Peace & love. D

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I hate washroom attendents, they don't keep the washroom clean, they give you attidude if you don't tip them. I am sorry I can grab my own paper towel, god gave me two hands. You can't even take a shit in peace anymore.

3. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

the last time i was there he was workin in the washroom and i saw him emptying the soap from the washroom soap dispenser.. into HIS dispenser.. so that you would have to use his...

SKREW U

Dave

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I went last friday and the washroom attendant was there. He wasn't doing anything though. just standing there.

5. Che

Che TRIBE Member

Awesome residents night once again. There's something about them that are just as good as when a big headliner comes to town. And yeah, there's no need for the washroom attendents. Nice laser though.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I had a great time as all of you who saw my big smile will attest. I bumped into lots of unexpected people, and I had lots of room to bust out. The lighting addition is sweet for effect, but I'm not a fan of getting shot in the eye with green lasers. Hence my hat being worn really low.

Not too much sketch going on, which was a nice change from the last couple visits to system.

Matt, your set was fantastic! I was too busy chatting while Mark was playing to really get into his though...

Super cool to finally meet DJ Cheezwhiz. Dude, you're as nice as they come. And your girlfriends (Monique and Leia?) were sweethearts too!!

Happy birthday to Quantum DJ...another Hamilton peep to hang with - all the best in your 19th year!

Great to see everyone else - you're all good kids.

7. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

Yes I have to agree that Mark Scaife's mixing is getting better. The tracks flow into each other with more energy and he uses his awsome tracks more effectively in the mix. Good work Mark and keep it up!

Havn't been out to System in a while and it was nice to see a clean vibe and some hotties on the dance floor.

Laser is a nice touch, but don't overdue it.

Guy in the bathroom giving me paper towel and paying me lame ass compliments to get a tip: I was almost gonna kick your ass bitch. Sorry but this dude pissed me off - so unclassy.

Residence night is getting awsome with Matt and Mark. Good to see these two developing they're sound and taking prog. to a new level.

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

8. Saira

Saira TRIBE Member

Those lazers are amazing! It's about time. I can honestly say that System Sound Bar has the best light show in TO!

9. Che

Che TRIBE Member

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here

10. Guest

Guest Guest

You've obviously never been to the Guvernment then.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I think you are blind, see a eye doctor immediately!

12. BassInMyFace

BassInMyFace TRIBE Member

I was at SSB for NYE and I saw that bathhroom attendant guy. He was standing facing the wall when I went in. It looked real wierd so I kinda chuckled to myself.

He must not have shared my ammusement becasue he stared at me while i was taking a pee.

I think he must be in there to discourage any illegal activites.

As for the lasers, you mean the green one that lays the flat layer of light. The one that kept reallllly Phuckin me up, "Zap-Laser To The EYES!!!" aarrggghhhh [​IMG]

13. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

another fun evening at system...music was outstanding as always & the crowd was definitely having a great time...great to meet tearer & quantum dj (happy 19th b-day)...che your disk is excellent, i threw it on yesterday morning when i got home, so i'll give it a better listen today, (great tracks)...

on the note of the bathroom attendants...having spent some time in the states over the past few years, you become quickly familiar w/ bathroom attendants...but they're often dressed in tuxes & are extremely polite & professional...that being said there is no call to have no choice but use the paper towels, soap etc provided by the attendant...so i tipped the first 2 times in & after that the guy was passing me the towels sans tip...

however enough of the rant...lights/lasers look good, but i'm not sure if they fit in as they take away a little from the atmosphere & as one club interior designer mentioned to me when asked for an opinion "they are so 90's" [​IMG]

good to many of the usual suspects out & see ya'll again soon...

jc

14. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Smackers, am I still your friend? [​IMG]

15. Saira

Saira TRIBE Member

Actually I have, but I hate the atmosphere at the Guvernment.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

What does you hating the atmosphere have to do with the lights and lazers that the government has.

17. Saira

Saira TRIBE Member

LOL! Nothing really I was just stating my opinion. I guess what I meant to say was that yeah the lighting at the Guvernment rocks but the new lighting at Systems makes the atmosphere better. Once again it's just my opinion.

18. Che

Che TRIBE Member

NESTA! Call me man! We keep missing each other. Hopefully you'll be at Satoshi Tomiie this Saturday. Or at least we should meet up for a J. I have to give you and Chemi a cd.

19. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

20. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

^^^^^

No offence, but the laser at Whiskey Saigon is about as good as The Docks. Not say it's unimpressive, but seriously, the Guvernment is a class of its own. I have never seen any other laser in the world with such a wide range of colours and lighting effects. There's just no comparison.

--------------
    AdRiaN

21. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

Obviously you've never seen a professional laser show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peace,