Raptors 0-9... is there no end in sight to this drought?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Subsonic Chronic, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

When they reached 0 and 5, I was pretty dissapointed but had no idea that it would get this far. Tonight a 10-game losing streak is on the horizon and a very real possibility.

And tonight they face Orlando, another impressive team that will hand them another loss if they can't put their game together.

True... Carter, Olajuwon (sp?), and JYD have been out, and you could probably chalk up some of their losses (at least to the good teams) to the injuries, but not 9 in a row.

Will tonight be the night that they finally break out of their funk? Or will they count themselves among what must surely be a small number of teams to ever have a 10-game losing streak?

Pete

2. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

No comment

I refuse to comment in order to save my sanity.

jeremy -I'm no fair weather fan- jive

3. graham

graham Well-Known Member

and now that CUJO is out there will be nothing to distract from the crapulence

4. Sukebe Jiji

Sukebe Jiji TRIBE Promoter

I am trying to look at this losing streak in a positive light...all season, with a very few number of bright spots, the Raptors have been playing ugly...Even when they won it was still ugly as sin. Their defense has been spotty, and their offense inconsistent and basically useless against any form of zone d.

My hope is that this losing skid will prompt Lenny Wilkens and the Raps to wake up and start attacking the hoop like they can. Oh how I hope...

peter

5. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

the losing streak will end tonight.

peace

6. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

I'm going to the game tonight, and have sweet seats so another Raps loss is not an option.

I predict an impressive victory - certainly double digits. Let's go with 109-93.

Vince goes off for 39 points. AD and Keon both get dubble-dubbles. Childs typically gets another zero point game (he is shooting 12% in his last 6!!!!) Lenny will get booed. McGrady has an off night - and sits the 4th quarter to rest his bad foot.

Also: To all Raps fans....

Not to worry. We will make the playoffs, and we will be a force in the post season. Missing out on home court advantage will hurt for sure, but the Raps will emerge and make it to the Eastern Conference finals!

Without Jordan - the Wiz are done. Charlotte will also fall apart and miss playoffs. So that leaves the Raps, Philly, and Indiana sqeaking into the last 3 spots. If we can get matched up against Detroit I will be happy.

7. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

Overall I'm not that concerned about this losing streak. None of the competitors in the East really lit it up over the same period. I think the Wiz have lost 5 straight, Indiana is 4-4 in their last 8 so not that much damage done.

Plus, this gave other players time to get confidence in their offensive games. keon has been a beast lately!

8. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Wow, that's bad, are we still in a playoff spot?

9. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

^^yes. but not as good a spot as they were a couple of weeks ago. but no worries. there's still time to improve on that before the playoffs.

peace

10. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

Yes, it's heartbreaking to see them on a 0-9 losing streak. But take a closer look at the east --- it's still anyone's game (with the exception of teams like miami, golden state, chicago, new york).

We are slightly behind teams like boston, orlando, detroit and milwaukee. we're still ahead of philly and washington. Most of our starting lineup suffered injuries, and even as we lost 9 straight games, we are STILL in the running. We can look at the brighter side - at least the rest of our team got some playing time that could make them THAT MUCH better than the other teams' benchwarmers.

I'm not worried about the raps at all. :)

11. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I don't know where you live but golden state is in San Fran and definitely not in the Eastern Conference. As for the Raps, they're not learning from their mistakes, they're doing the exact same shit over and over again. I really wish Grunwald would've gone out and gotten us a viable second scoring threat but oh well, I'm sure he'll pull something off in the offseason.

*c*

12. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

85-90 loss

well, another stinker tonight.

they missed 14 of their last 15 shots tonight vs. tracy & the magic tonight.

that's not gonna win you too many games.........

13. they just aren't gelling like a championship team does. I saw them on Friday, and they couldn't keep the cohesiveness going throughout the game. The Pistons however, had their shit tight.

From the Ministry of we lost that night. Duh.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

14. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

i feel stupid. BRING BACK ZAN TABAK!!! :D

15. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

mo pete - worse than a sophomore slump

Checked out the game tonight....I've heard about players going through sophomore slumps, but with Mo it seems to be a complete lack of confidence...it's getting worrying.

First off, did he hit a single shot tonight ? I dunno. he's totally forgotten his college type game....he used to slash at MSU. I understand that in the NBA he's going against faster defenders, but he seems to be too content to jack up the jumper. He seems unsure when he has the ball.

The Raptors offence is painful to watch. Not much motion to speak of.

The only good news was Keon. He looked good. Plus he seems to be looking to score everytime he gets it.

Good to see the crowd not go easy on T-Mac. But his passing was impressive. His game has really become well rounded.

We need to go on a serious run. Every game is a must win now. I think Indy got much stronger with their trade. NJ looks to be putting it into 1st gear.

I still believe in the Raps...but lenny has to get on their asses about moving without the ball. when was the last time we cracked 100 points!?!?

16. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

who did Indiana get in return for Jalen Rose?

17. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

They gave up Travis Best and Jalen Rose for:

Ron Artest
    Ron Mercer
    Brad Miller.

There weren't enough shots between Rose and Miller and the Indiana high-schoolers who are all becoming good finally. Travis best wasn't starting.

In return they get Artest who is versatile and a very good defender (like a young Derrick McKey). Miller who is a decent centre (by Eastern Conference Standards - plus Indy was weak here) and Mercer who pumps in 16-18 points a game no problem.

18. redeyes

redeyes TRIBE Member

Re: mo pete - worse than a sophomore slump

that's what vince should be striving for. t-mac is the total package.

peace