Raptors 0-11

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kennyboy, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

yeah things aren't looking good for either of Toronto's teams right now

give it a few weeks with CuJo out and the Leafs will probably have a similar record :(

2. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Where the fuck is the D? That's right we never had it because Lenny has no idea what it is. Unlike coaches like Flip Saunders who know the rules and are constantly coaching the team to take advantage, Lenny has no fuck'en clue. When I'm at a Raps game and the crowd starts chanting "D-FENSE" I start laughing.

Lenny's time has come and gone. Too bad we paid for a 5 year contract and we're only on year 2. Hopefully Lenny will do the right thing and take a buy out at season's end. Van Gundy would be nice but he's still under contract with the Knicks for the next 3 years which means we'd have to compensate the Knicks. With Grunwald overpaying for Davis, Williams and Williams last summer we have almost no cap room to resign Keon. Looks like we're in for some rough times ahead.

*c*

3. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

This year is fucked. But next year could be waay different.

We for sure need to grab a new coach. One who is a hard-ass and is a teacher of the game. Lenny is obviously not a god fit for this team - we have sick talent but are out-coached night in and night out.

So night-night Wilkens....

Once we get a good coach (JVG would be sweet) - and keep our nucleus together - we should be back to normal. Fuck we were 3rd in the East and 1 game out of 2nd....

Keon can be re-signed. And he should be loyal to the Raps. We allowed him to blossom - hopefully that will count for something.

Childs and Curry are gone next year. That frees up 7-8 million. Hopefully Keon can sign for that, but maybe a team will take a chance and try to give him more. I don't think he is worth 9 or 10 million a year.

Then I am sure GG will pull of some deals - maybe a trade or a tweak to get some toughness and leadership in a veteran or 2.

I am not giving up on the Raps yet - this year is over mos def....but if GG does the right things in the off-season, we should be better off in the long run.

We got Carter, AD, Alvin and JYD locked up for 5-7 years. With a new coach - we should and will compete again.

[​IMG]