Raps bandwagon getting full again.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kuba, Jan 21, 2002.

1. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

So the Raptors have won, what, 4 straight? They are 3 games off of first place (in the win column). Davis is playing like his true self again. Carter's defence is starting to show. Williams (alvin) is leaping for loose balls. They won in Charlotte for the first time since '98.

And all you playa' hatas have nothing to say now because what they experienced 2 weeks ago was a dry spell, a losing streak, some down time. Shit happens. And now its been corrected.

Raps vs. Bucks in eastern finals. Raps in 6. Then the Lakers clobber them in 4.

2. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

huh?

They make millions of dollars a year, they can take criticism when they're playing like ass. And no one here was saying "oh the raptors suck and I'm never gonna watch any of their games again and I hate them and I think that their buts stink and I like to smell my own butt."

We were just criticising.

And now the Raptors are playing much better, so there's reason to celebrate. No one's hopping on and off bandwagons. [​IMG]

Pete

3. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

its too late, i hopped on the miami heat wagon - they've won 4 in a row too

4. graham

graham Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less about the raptors, but I have noticed that they never have any easy wins, they typically establish leads and then squander them in the later part of the game. It's bad, because it doesn't provide the bench with the playing time they need in the latter stages of games, in order to fully develop the depth of the team. Which is essential to advance deep into the playoffs.

5. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

who are you?

some of us here are pretty dedicated raptors fans, and i certainly don't appreciate your random appearances shouting *bandwagon!
    bandwagon!*.

showing frustration for our team doesn't mean we're not fans. You're not saying anything we don't already know. Just coz we don't commentate after EVERY game, doesn't mean shit.

We're all rooting for the same team. no need to come at us with *all you playa hayta's* crap.

sheeesh. i try to stay neutral and calm but when basketball is concerned i lose it.

p.s. happy 24th birthday vince carter. (this saturday jan 27)

6. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

So ghetto, your response. Last time we had a Raptors discussion people on this board were happy to proclaim they jump on and off like a bunch of banshees.

Who am I? What the f..k? Is this some elitist club that one has to join ages ago to simply say "ENOUGH!" with talking shit about the Raptors? NO! It doesnt matter who I am but I'm not about to go into a pissing contest with you about whose been a Raptors fan longer cuz I dont care. I'm merely pointing out that I don't see a "CRaptors" thread now that they've won some games and are heating up. Even if they lose some easy games, a team cannot be shit if it's above .500. Plain and simple.

7. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I'm always a raptors fan 2nd [​IMG] Long as they're kicking the snot out of NY it's all good.

I'm sorry, but I've always been a huge Robinson fan, and I've been cheering for the Spurs since he joined them.

And with Duncan there now, I can never look back [​IMG]

pr0nstar

8. Libradragon

good. then we're in agreement then. (hence my post *we're all rooting for the same team*.

i never started a thread calling them the CRAPtors, i've never once jumped OFF the bandwagon, and when i comment on the inconsistency of the raps it's out of frustration. i took offense to the title of your thread. i apologize if it wasn't meant to offend.

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

As you answered to my thread, my answer to this is:

I'm frustrated not with the team but with the media and the "non" fans out there. True fans know that a losing streak does not equate to a bad season. True fans have patience and know about the psyche that players go through, especially after a fat contract (see: Carlos Delgado et al).

I'm not questioning people's true fan-ness, I'm merely vexed at bandwagon jumpers with no facts to support their fiction.

You, however, are not in that category, and I too am sorry if I offended.

10. Libradragon

don't worry about it. we're in the same proverbial boat with our shared frustrations re: non-fans who like to open their mouths and comment since they saw the highlights and think they know everything.

Anyway, such is life. Gotta have a balance of both or it wouldn't be as fun.

Moving on, yes, i'm absolutely thrilled about our win over the nets and hornets. More so with the nets, since we almost DIDN'T beat Charlotte. Good to see we're improving ever so slightly. I admit that I'm very critical of our team, more than usual. Maybe my expectations of them are higher than i thought, *shrug* but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

What I want to know is whether Van Exel will be donning the purple and white jersey soon or not. [​IMG]

11. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

so now they're at a smokin' 12-26!!!

Bias

12. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

As MosDef says:

"Why you got high expectations and got no patience?" from "questions" on Common's new album..

Thats the problem with the fanbase, AND the media. Ok, so they signed their key guys this off season. First, I think the JYD signing will bite us in the ass b/c the Owners will balk at giving Keon his fair share (more worth than JYD , imho). Second, Hakeem is a role player, not a starter. We should seriously sit him till the playoffs when (it's expected), he will produce. Till then, I dont see him playing a key role in all the games. (age IS just a number in the NBA). Thirdly, they should'nt of released Brian Skinner (or traded him) cuz he was quality material. Fourthly, I'm not sure they should have rid themselves of the Oak, although he wanted out, so its a lose-lose situation.

As for VanExel. Dude! That would be an ok move except for the salaray cap issue. Who would we trade for him? I STILL think that AW can carry this team with help from Childs. I dont know about dealing anyone yet to shake things up. That was last year's move. This year, no matter who they bring in, that wont help. It's all about the chemistry, which is starting to show more and more.

It's all about confidence.

13. 416

416 TRIBE Member

The people who really need to make an appearance in this thread are the Lenny Wilkens playa haytas.

Those same people need to click on this link:

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/alpha.htm

Then they need to scroll to the W section of the page, and notice that Wilkens has TWO links to his section.

14. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Who do you like better? I'm all about Duncan. That dude's the second comming of the iceman. Although I'm a huge Shaq fan, I pray to Allah every night that the spurs will make it to the finals.

15. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I still love Robinson...
    The man is pure muscle on the court when he needs it. But he's usually so chill and such a nice guy.
    But when he needs, he'll be doing a two handed reverse dunk over any player [​IMG]

But Duncan is a great player to follow him when he retires...

pr0nstar

16. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

who likes short shorts?
    [​IMG]

17. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

Happy birthday to The Dream: Hakeem Olajuwon. He turns 39 today.

Psyklone

18. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

[​IMG] this was a joke...i can't believe anybody watches their games, let alone pays $$ to go to the games