1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

R.I.P. Jake the Snake's Snake

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Rocky, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Rocky

Rocky TRIBE Member

Wrestler Allowed Pet Python to Starve to Death - Court

By Vik Iyer, PA News

American wrestler Jake “the Snake†Roberts left his star serpent sidekick starving to death – and even had a phobia of his pet reptile, a court heard today.

The wrestler, once a star of the hugely popular World Wrestling Federation, had not fed his 15ft python for between seven and eight months, St Albans Magistrates’ Court was told.

The snake, which the Texan waved around before his wrestling bouts, also suffered mouth rot and was cooped up in an unsuitable tank. The snake died after being seized by RSPCA inspectors.

Roberts – real name Aurelian Smith Jnr – is accused of causing unnecessary suffering to his Burmese python between August and September last year.

The 48-year-old, who once performed in front of millions alongside stars like Hulk Hogan, did not attend today’s proceedings but the trial went ahead in his absence.

Valerie Burnham, 59, who lived with Roberts in White Horse Lane, London Colney, Hertfordshire denies the same charge.

Also in court is snake dealer Kevin Wicks, 30, who allegedly owned the snake and who also denies permitting unnecessary suffering to the animal.

Mr Bruce Kent, prosecuting, said: “The snake had a number of apparent difficulties which required treatment.

“It was severely debilitated and significantly underweight. That should have been apparent to those in possession of the snake.â€

The court also heard that the snake was suffering from a heavy infestation of mites requiring veterinary treatment.

Mr Kent described Mrs Burnham and Roberts as “best friends and business partners doing everything togetherâ€.

The court was told that the snake was originally supplied for the purpose of business.

Mr Kent said: “Mr Smith is a wrestler by trade and used a snake in the course of his performance.â€

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3702433

2. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

aww
    poor bugger.

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

well, at least it lived the rock and roll lifestyle to the bitter end.

4. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

I remember watching a documentary on "the snake"

It was really interesting, and appearently the snake almost killed jake, and thats why he has the phobia.

The documentary also featured Man-kind

and this thread is just asking for the appearence of dj jake the snake

5. Hamza

Hamza TRIBE Member

i THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE ABOUT bRIAN'S COCK!

6. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

7. miss mariss

miss mariss TRIBE Member

I never thought I would feel bad for a snake...but here we are.

8. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

dudes lucky the snake didn't turn on him for a snack

9. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

Anyone who's actually interested in this story has got to watch beyond the mat....

Jake the Snake's is a saaaad story!

After seeing that movie this is far from a surprise.

Peej the Snake

10. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

hahahaha

11. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

poor Damien

12. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I remember thinking DDT stood for Damien's Deadly Tightness.

13. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

JESUS. I thought you were saying that Brian (Jake the Snake on the board) died. Fuck. I almost fucking freaked out.

14. Rocky

Rocky TRIBE Member

Yes...I remember watching that a few years ago. Very depressing.

Another good wrestling documentary was the Brett Hart one. It was awesome when he punched out Vince.

15. Resolver

Resolver TRIBE Member

WRESTLING IS FIXED, GET IT STR8!! jAKE THE sNAKE ROBERTS WAS/IS HOOKED ON crACK WHICH IS REALLY SAD!! That's all there is to know really.

16. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

The Owen Hart doc was pretty good too.

17. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

he looks like a magician...well, one on crack anyway

18. Resolver

Resolver TRIBE Member

19. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

I have a gamecube for a few weeks...the day of reckoning in my posession is looking mighty good right now:D